Los Angeles car accident attorneys at Downtown L.A. Law Group understand that these collisions are one of the biggest causes of major injuries and sudden fatalities in all of California. Every year, thousands of drivers, passengers and pedestrians are seriously injured due to the reckless or negligent driving of another individual. Most alarming is that many of these incidences are never reported. Unfortunately for victims, most people do not know their rights.
Insurance companies are notorious for undervaluing victims’ damages in a car accident. Our Firm will handle all major accident and injury cases and are well skilled in dealing with insurance companies and adjusters. Unlike many other law firms, Downtown L.A. Law will place a group of attorneys on your case in order to implement a strategy aimed at maximizing the value of your case. We have built our reputation in procuring money for our clients for:
At Downtown L.A. Law, we believe that you should never have to pay to speak to an us. While many law firms will force you to speak to their secretary or assistant, at our law firm you will always be connected directly to a skilled personal injury lawyer. We understand that victims of serious injuries need help with their claim in many complex situations where:
Car accidents can cause numerous types of injuries to victims involved. However, some types of pain are more common than others.
Head and Brain Injuries: Head injuries can be minimal, such as a concussion, or can be extremely severe, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Unlike some other types of injuries, brain injuries are not always immediately noticeable.
Neck injuries and Whiplash: The sudden impact of a car crash will cause an individual’s head to suddenly jolt out of place. This may cause mild to severe forms of whiplash, as well as cervical encephalopathy or bulging disc injuries.
Back and Spinal Cord Injury: Spinal cord injuries usually occur during catastrophic auto accident injury and may lead to permanent damage or even paralysis. Less severe types of back injury include sprain, bulging disc, strain, fracture, thoracic spine injury, lumbar encephalopathy or a lumbar spine.
Broken Bones, fractures and joint damage: The force of a vehicle colliding with a person’s body is the main culprit here.
Face injuries: A person’s face is exposed during a car accident, which may lead to severe scarring or fractures. Damage can result from impact from broken glass, steering wheel, airbag, dashboard or flying objects.
If you have been involved in a car accident, make sure you take care of your safety, and the safety of those around you first. At Downtown L.A. Law, we will never put the client’s claim in front of their health. With that said, it is important that you follow these steps immediately following an accident:
1. Make sure everyone around you is safe. We simply cannot stress this enough
2. Do not talk to the other party regarding fault or liability.
3. Contact the local police department and report the accident.
4. Photograph and document the accident. Take as many pictures as necessary. Take pictures of all other vehicles involved in the accident as well Document as much of the accident as possible before you forget, including:
5. Exchange information with the other parties involved. It is important that you document all their information, such as insurance info, policy number, drivers license, name, phone number and address. Additionally, take a written description of other cars involved, such as make, model, license plate number, and even the vehicle identification number if possible.
6. Collect all witness information. In situations where fault is at issue, witnesses can be your best source for proving that the other party was at fault for the accident.
7. Never speak to the insurance companies. Insurance companies are skilled at getting you to make statement that will hurt your case. Allow us to do the work for you. You should simply focusing on getting better, and going on with your life.
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuits: In the state of California auto accident personal injury lawsuits must be filed within 2 years from the date of the accident. Injury claims against government entities must be filed with the agency in question within 6 months from the date of the accident. Failure to file within the statutorily allotted times period will likely eliminate a victims right to recovery under the law.
Our Attorneys understand the pressure and sensitivity involved after you have been involved in a car accident. Allow our team of lawyers to develop the best strategy for your case. Call (855)385-2529 and speak directly to an attorney about your case.