Los Angeles car accident attorneys at Downtown L.A. Law Group understand that these collisions are one of the biggest causes of major injuries and sudden fatalities in all of California. Every year, thousands of drivers, passengers and pedestrians are seriously injured due to the reckless or negligent driving of another individual. Most alarming is that many of these incidences are never reported. Unfortunately for victims, most people do not know their rights.
Insurance companies are notorious for undervaluing victims’ damages in a car accident. Our Firm will handle all major accident and injury cases and are well skilled in dealing with insurance companies and adjusters. Unlike many other law firms, Downtown L.A. Law will place a group of attorneys on your case in order to implement a strategy aimed at maximizing the value of your case. We have built our reputation in procuring money for our clients for:
- Medical bills and treatment: This includes all bills associated with your automobile accident
- Future medical bills: Often times, your pain will continue for years, or even the remainder of your life. You deserve to compensated for your future medical treatment
- Loss of wages: Due to time lost at work.
- Reduced earning capacity: Although insurance companies are notorious for devaluing or denying completely the long term consequences of your accident, our experts will prove extra damages
- Pain and suffering: We know the complexities of both the accident, and the types of injuries associated with them.
- Emotional distress: The impact of your accident often extends beyond just physical damages, and will affect the victim psychologically.
- Loss of Consortium: relates to the loss of marital relations.
Why Hire a Car Accident Attorney
At Downtown L.A. Law, we believe that you should never have to pay to speak to an us. While many law firms will force you to speak to their secretary or assistant, at our law firm you will always be connected directly to a skilled personal injury lawyer. We understand that victims of serious injuries need help with their claim in many complex situations where:
- The insurance company fails to cover the full extent of the damage during a motor vehicle accident. Insurance adjusters are trained to pay the smallest amount of compensation as possible. We will make sure this will not happen to you.
- Insurance company delays a claim.
- Insurance companies deny a claim in full. We see this all the time where the insured party disputes the fault, or lies about the accident.
- The other party or party at fault never had insurance.
Most Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can cause numerous types of injuries to victims involved. However, some types of pain are more common than others.
Head and Brain Injuries: Head injuries can be minimal, such as a concussion, or can be extremely severe, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Unlike some other types of injuries, brain injuries are not always immediately noticeable.
Neck injuries and Whiplash: The sudden impact of a car crash will cause an individual’s head to suddenly jolt out of place. This may cause mild to severe forms of whiplash, as well as cervical encephalopathy or bulging disc injuries.
Back and Spinal Cord Injury: Spinal cord injuries usually occur during catastrophic auto accident injury and may lead to permanent damage or even paralysis. Less severe types of back injury include sprain, bulging disc, strain, fracture, thoracic spine injury, lumbar encephalopathy or a lumbar spine.
Broken Bones, fractures and joint damage: The force of a vehicle colliding with a person’s body is the main culprit here.
Face injuries: A person’s face is exposed during a car accident, which may lead to severe scarring or fractures. Damage can result from impact from broken glass, steering wheel, airbag, dashboard or flying objects.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, make sure you take care of your safety, and the safety of those around you first. At Downtown L.A. Law, we will never put the client’s claim in front of their health. With that said, it is important that you follow these steps immediately following an accident:
1. Make sure everyone around you is safe. We simply cannot stress this enough
2. Do not talk to the other party regarding fault or liability.
3. Contact the local police department and report the accident.
4. Photograph and document the accident. Take as many pictures as necessary. Take pictures of all other vehicles involved in the accident as well Document as much of the accident as possible before you forget, including:
- Where it happened
- How the accident took place
- The time of day, and the weather at time of accident
5. Exchange information with the other parties involved. It is important that you document all their information, such as insurance info, policy number, drivers license, name, phone number and address. Additionally, take a written description of other cars involved, such as make, model, license plate number, and even the vehicle identification number if possible.
6. Collect all witness information. In situations where fault is at issue, witnesses can be your best source for proving that the other party was at fault for the accident.
7. Never speak to the insurance companies. Insurance companies are skilled at getting you to make statement that will hurt your case. Allow us to do the work for you. You should simply focusing on getting better, and going on with your life.
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuits: In the state of California auto accident personal injury lawsuits must be filed within 2 years from the date of the accident. Injury claims against government entities must be filed with the agency in question within 6 months from the date of the accident. Failure to file within the statutorily allotted times period will likely eliminate a victims right to recovery under the law.
- Exceptions to Statute of Limitations: In certain circumstances courts will toll or temporarily halt a statute of limitations including where a victim is mentally of physically incapacitated for a period of time.
Contact a Downtown L.A. Law Group Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney
Our Attorneys understand the pressure and sensitivity involved after you have been involved in a car accident. Allow our team of lawyers to develop the best strategy for your case. Call (855)385-2529 and speak directly to an attorney about your case.