Downtown L.A. Law Group is currently accepting clients who are experiencing problems with their Zimmer NexGen knee replacements. Currently, lawsuits are being filed against the manufacturer of the popular Zimmer NexGen knee implants, which has been linked to unnaturally high rates of failure and loosening for its users. The company is under scrutiny for several of their models, including:
Manufactured by Zimmer Inc., these implants have been used by over 500,000 users. The popular defective medical device is advertised to last for roughly fifteen years before it would need to be replaced. The company further claims that their knee replacements provide industry leading range of motion and usability. Shortly afterwards however, users began experiencing complications and adverse reactions related to their knee implants. These complications include:
More serious complications can also result due to the materials used in the devices. These materials have been associated with infections, bone disintegration (osteolysis), blood clots and cancer
Descubra cómo podemos ayudarle. Llame a (855) 339-8879 con un representante ahora.
The attorneys at Downtown L.A. Law Group are alleging product liability, negligence and failure to warn claims against the manufacturers of the NexGen CR-Knee implant, including Zimmer, Inc., and Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Specifically, the NexGen implants fails to use cement adhesives, common in most other knee implants, but absent in many of their models.
The Zimmer knee replacement devices first came under by famous orthopedic surgeons Dr. Richard and Dr. Craig Della Valle, who concluded that 36% of implants showed loosening after only 2 years, and that over 9% of the implants necessitated revision due to loosening or because the patients were experiencing discomfort. The study, published in the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, also indicated that the complications were not due to “surgeon, approach, or patient type”… and that it “should not be used by any patient.” To date, over 700 lawsuit claims have been filed against Zimmer for their defective knee replacement devices. The claims have been directed to U.S. District Court of Northern Illinois under the MDL (multidistrict litigation) case number 2272.
Knee replacement defects are based on proving one of three district product liability based causes of action.
1. Defecto en el diseño original del producto: A design defect can be proven in the court of law by showing the presence of designs and models at the time of manufacturing that possessed a substantially reduced risk of injury to the consumer. Liability is established if the manufacturers failed to use the less dangerous design model as a basis for the manufacturing of the device.
2. Defect in the manufacturing process: A manufacturing defect can be proven by showing that the finally produce and distributed device is markedly different and as a result poses a substantially greater risk than the design approved by the FDA.
3. Failure to warn defect: In certain instances manufacturers fail to warn doctor surgeons and consumers of the medical device of the known risks associated with their use.
Llame a (855) 339-8879 para hablar con un representante y programar una revisión gratuita de su caso.
Based on these complications and adverse reports, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) initiated three product recalls of certain Zimmer knee implants. In September of 2010 the FDA recalled the NexGen Complete Knee Solution MIS Tibial Components, NexGen TM Tibial Trays, and MIS Modular Tibial Plates and Keels. Later that same year, the NexGen LPS-Gender Femoral Component was also recalled. Again, in January 2012, the FDA issued a class II recall of the Natural-Knee II Durasul All-Poly Patella. In spite of these recalls, Zimmer continues to market, distribute and push it’s cement-less NexGen CR-Flex knee implants.
Our team of attorneys are currently answering questions for individuals suffering from complications related to their Zimmer knee implants. The pressure free, no obligation call is free, and we would be honored to help individuals in need of help. (855) 339-8879
Más de $500 millones recuperados
para nuestros clientes
Al enviar este formulario, usted acepta recibir llamadas telefónicas y mensajes de texto en cualquier momento, que incluyen horas fuera del horario comercial (8:00 am PST - 9:00 pm PST). Esto es para que podamos comunicarnos con usted tan pronto como sea posible con el fin de consultar sobre su caso potencial.
- Demandas de retirada de productos
- Responsabilidad por productos defectuosos
- Aviso de retirada del Subaru Outback 2011
- Demanda contra Saturn Aura
- Demanda por defecto en el interruptor de encendido del GM Cobalt
- Demanda contra Porsche GT
- Demanda colectiva contra Ford por el airbag
- Demanda por retirada de mangueras de combustible
- Retirada de amortiguadores de bicicleta Cane Creek
- Demanda colectiva contra Takata Airbag
- Una tirolina defectuosa obliga a retirarla
- Retirada del mercado del Toyota FJ Cruiser
- Chevy Cobalt Air Bag Falla Demanda
- Lesiones en vehículos todo terreno
- Peligro de colisión de los vehículos todoterreno
- TerraTrike Retirada del mercado
- Retirada del Polaris Ranger
- Retirada de mantas Bair Hugger
- Fallo en el despliegue del airbag en un coche defectuoso
- Fallos en los respaldos de los asientos de los vehículos
- Asientos infantiles de seguridad defectuosos
- Los defectos de las bicicletas causan lesiones graves
- Jet Ski Defecto Abogado
- Retirada de la chimenea
- Retirada de ascensores domésticos
- Retirada de camas elásticas
- Trampolín retirado del mercado por riesgo de caídas y lesiones
- Retirada del mercado de la tumbona plegable Ross
- Retirada de televisores de pantalla plana Coby
- Retirada del mercado de zapatos con puntera de acero de la marca Rocky
- Recalls de bastones de escalada Xtreme
- Retirada del mercado de la silla de bebé Bumbo
- Fisher-Price retira del mercado las hamacas para bebés
- Dorel Juvenile Group retira del mercado las hamacas para bebés
- Abogado de lesiones en cunas
- Retirada del mercado de Dick's Sporting Goods
- Demanda por lesiones causadas por la retirada del mercado de asideros de cama
- Kids II retira del mercado mecedoras
- Recalls de Restoration Hardware
- Retirada del mercado de fundas para armas de fuego Blackhawk