Fisher-Price Recalls Baby Sleepers – Fatalities Reported
– Kids II retira del mercado mecedoras por la muerte de bebésWere you and your family affected by the defective baby sleepers? If so, you might be eligible to pursue a lawsuit. Depending on the specific circumstances of your claim, you might have grounds to pursue a claim for the wrongful death of your baby. You might also be eligible to participate in a class action lawsuit against Fisher-Price. If you would like to learn more about your right to take legal action after your baby was harmed by the defective baby sleepers discussed above, do not hesitate ponerse en contacto con los expertos de Downtown L.A. Law Group lo antes posible. Downtown L.A. Law Group is a personal injury law firm representing all the victims of personal injury accidents. Our lawyers have many years of experience handling a variety of personal injury claims, including reclamaciones por productos defectuosos. When you contact our law firm, you could trust that a knowledgeable lawyer will evaluate your claim, provide you with all the information that you need, and guide you towards a successful outcome. If you would like to discuss the possibility of pursuing a claim after your baby was harmed by a defective baby sleeper, do not hesitate to contact our law firm as soon as possible.
The Dangers Associated with the Recalled Baby Sleepers
After reports of infant deaths, nearly 5 million Fisher-Price Rock ’n Play Sleepers are recalledAccording to the information provided by the recall (described above), infants died after rolling onto their side or stomachs while on the sleepers. The infants died due to suffocation. According to statistics provided by the American Academy of Pediatrics, approximately 3,500 babies die every year (in the U.S.) due to unsafe sleeping environments which can cause suffocation, for example. It takes just a few moments for suffocation to be fatal. However, not all babies lose their lives – especially if their parents or caretakers are quick to respond to the suffocating infant. Although some infants can survive suffocation without suffering any additional harm, most incidents of suffocation lead to permanent brain damage. Even though the baby might survive, his or her quality of life will likely be severely impaired due to the permanent brain damage. If your baby lost his/her life or suffered permanent brain damage due to an incident on the recalled baby sleepers, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with the experts at our law firm as soon as possible.
The announcement comes after an investigation by Consumer Reports indicated that 32 deaths were tied to the rockers. The report came following a CPSC warning last week that tied 10 fatalities to the rockers. The CPSC previously recommended consumers stop using the product by three months of age, or as soon as an infant exhibits rollover capabilities.
Liability for Harm Caused by Defective ProductsCompanies have the duty to ensure that all their products are safe for use prior to making them available for purchase. When you purchased the baby sleeper, you likely believed that it was safe to put your baby to sleep on it. After all, why would a company design and manufacture a product that could be unsafe? Why would a baby product be dangerous? As parents, we want to keep our defenseless infants safe, and we wouldn’t use these sleepers if we were aware that they could be so dangerous. Where does liability come into play? When is Fisher-Price liable for the harm caused by their baby sleepers? Fisher-Price sold the baby sleepers in question since 2009. Over the years, there were a number of incidents involving baby sleepers and infant deaths. Fisher-Price had more than enough time to identify and address the dangers in their sleepers. Without a doubt, it is possible that Fisher-Price faces liability for the damages caused by their hazardous products. If you would like to learn more about the company’s liability for the harm suffered by your baby and your family, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with the experts at Downtown L.A. Law Group as soon as possible.
What Could You Do?Without a doubt, you have the right to take action against the party liable for the harm that your baby and the rest of your family suffered. If the incident with the Fisher-Price sleeper resulted in the death of your baby, you will likely have grounds to pursue a wrongful death claim. Wrongful death occurs when the negligent actions of a party or entity result in the death of a victim. As a parent of the deceased child, you have the right to pursue a wrongful death claim. Can you still pursue a claim even if your baby did not die? If your child did not lose his or her life, you could still pursue a claim. If you baby sustained permanent brain injury due to the suffocation, for example, you will likely have grounds to pursue a product liability claim. When defective products cause injuries, the affected parties could pursue product liability (defective product) claims. If your infant suffered any type of harm as a direct result of the Fisher-Price sleepers, you likely have grounds to take legal action and receive compensation. If you would like to learn more about your right to pursue a claim against Fisher-Price, do not hesitate to contact our law firm as soon as possible. The knowledgeable attorneys at Downtown L.A. Law Group are ready to provide you with all the information that you need to file a claim for the harm your infant suffered.
Su derecho a ser indemnizadoIf your baby lost his or her life as a direct result of the defective Fisher-Price sleepers, you could pursue a claim; depending on the specific details of your claim, you could also recover compensation. There is no amount of compensation that could fill the void left by the sudden death of your child; however, recovering compensation could help you and your family move forward with your life. Without a doubt, all claims are different – resulting in different compensation being available for recovery. Some of the types of compensation available for the parties affected by the Fisher-Price baby sleepers might include the following:
- Gastos médicos: compensation for all the expenses incurred as a direct result of the dangerous baby sleeper. This could include the medical expenses resulting in any care prior to the infant’s death. This could also include all past and future expenses if the infant did not die but still suffered harm.
- Dolor y sufrimiento: compensation for the emotional/mental pain and suffering resulting from either the death of the infant or the incident that left the infant permanently harmed.
- Pérdida de consorcio: compensation for the loss of the ability to have a normal family relationship with the victim.
- Gastos de sepelio y entierro: compensation for all the costs associated with the death of the infant.
- Daños punitivos: compensation awarded to punish the defendant.
Consider these Recommended Steps to FollowWhat should you do after your infant was harmed by a sleeper? Without a doubt, the action that you take can affect the possibility of pursuing a claim at a later time. Regardless of the specific outcome of the incident with the sleeper (death or other harm), you should do the following:
- Seek medical evaluation. It must be clear that the harm suffered (including death) was caused by the sleeper.
- Contact the company to report the incident. You will need to contact Fisher-Price to report the incident that harmed your child. You should avoid providing them with any information that they might try to use against you.
- Do not agree to a refund. The company might offer to provide you with a refund for what you paid for the sleeper. It is important that you refuse any offers that you receive – the life of your child is worth more than the value of the sleeper.
- Do not send the product back to the company. Fisher-Price might ask you to send them the baby sleeper. It is important that you do not do this as the sleeper will be one of the main pieces of evidence for your claim.
- Buscar asistencia jurídica. You will need to seek legal assistance with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Your attorney will provide you with the guidance necessary to file a successful claim against Fisher-Price.
Contacte con nuestro bufeteWhen you contact our law firm, you will find that our lawyers will be available to provide you with all the information that you need to take action against Fisher-Price for the harm that your infant suffered. Whether you are interested in participating in a class action lawsuit or you are interested in pursuing a claim independently, you could be certain that our lawyers are ready to provide you with the legal assistance that you need. Our firm is dedicated to remaining accessible to all parties affected by hazardous products. Because of this, we offer both consultas y segundas opiniones gratuitas. During our free consultations and free second opinions, our lawyers will be available to answer all your questions and address all your concerns – ensuring that they provide you with all the information necessary to pursue a claim and reach a successful outcome. Our free legal services are available as part of our Zero-Fee guarantee – a guarantee that you will never be required to pay for any upfront legal fees. Our law firm is also strictly based on contingency; therefore, our clients will not have to pay anything until their claims are successful. If your claim is not successful, you will not be required to pay us anything. If you believe that you are ready to learn more about the possibility of filing a claim against Fisher-Price for their deadly baby sleepersno lo dudes to contact our experts lo antes posible.
Más de $500 millones recuperados
para nuestros clientes
TÚ te mereces lo mejor
Revisión gratuita de casos 24/7
Usted no paga a menos que ganemos
Llame a 855.385.2529
Al enviar este formulario, usted acepta recibir llamadas telefónicas y mensajes de texto en cualquier momento, que incluyen horas fuera del horario comercial (8:00 am PST - 9:00 pm PST). Esto es para que podamos comunicarnos con usted tan pronto como sea posible con el fin de consultar sobre su caso potencial.
Guía definitiva sobre demandas por retirada de productos
- Demandas de retirada de productos
- Responsabilidad por productos defectuosos
- Aviso de retirada del Subaru Outback 2011
- Demanda contra Saturn Aura
- Demanda por defecto en el interruptor de encendido del GM Cobalt
- Demanda contra Porsche GT
- Demanda colectiva contra Ford por el airbag
- Demanda por retirada de mangueras de combustible
- Retirada de amortiguadores de bicicleta Cane Creek
- Demanda colectiva contra Takata Airbag
- Una tirolina defectuosa obliga a retirarla
- Retirada del mercado del Toyota FJ Cruiser
- Chevy Cobalt Air Bag Falla Demanda
- Lesiones en vehículos todo terreno
- Peligro de colisión de los vehículos todoterreno
- TerraTrike Retirada del mercado
- Retirada del Polaris Ranger
- Retirada de mantas Bair Hugger
- Fallo en el despliegue del airbag en un coche defectuoso
- Fallos en los respaldos de los asientos de los vehículos
- Asientos infantiles de seguridad defectuosos
- Los defectos de las bicicletas causan lesiones graves
- Jet Ski Defecto Abogado
- Retirada de la chimenea
- Retirada de ascensores domésticos
- Retirada de camas elásticas
- Trampolín retirado del mercado por riesgo de caídas y lesiones
- Retirada del mercado de la tumbona plegable Ross
- Retirada de televisores de pantalla plana Coby
- Retirada del mercado de zapatos con puntera de acero de la marca Rocky
- Recalls de bastones de escalada Xtreme
- Retirada del mercado de la silla de bebé Bumbo
- Fisher-Price retira del mercado las hamacas para bebés
- Dorel Juvenile Group retira del mercado las hamacas para bebés
- Abogado de lesiones en cunas
- Retirada del mercado de Dick's Sporting Goods
- Demanda por lesiones causadas por la retirada del mercado de asideros de cama
- Kids II retira del mercado mecedoras
- Recalls de Restoration Hardware
- Retirada del mercado de fundas para armas de fuego Blackhawk
Revisión gratuita de casos 24/7
Llame a 855.339.8879