Accidentes en parques acuáticos
The Dangers Associated with Water ParksWhen you are out having fun with your family at a water park, it can be difficult see the danger that is in water parks. Consider the following points:
- Water slides – in general, water parks have multiple water slides – guests simply climb up the steps and slide down when they are ready. However, some guests that get of these water do not make it off of the slides in the same condition in which they got on. Guests can be launched from slides, fall off slides, collide with metal netting/framing, or get stuck, for example.
- Piscinas – water parks usually have a number of pools, including the normal pools that we are used to and pools with “tidal waves,” for instance. Guests can drown or suffer near-drowning injuries. Hazards in these pools, such as cracked tiles, could also cause significant injuries to guests.
- Rides – some water parks have rides ranging from those with rafts simply sliding down tubes (slides) or rafts attached to railing, for example. Many of these rides lack the appropriate restraints to keep guests on the raft. Some guests can fall off the rafts and end up sliding down the rest of the attraction off of the raft. Other guests can fall off the rafts and become trapped under the raft, which could lead to drowning or near-drowning injuries. It is also possible for guests to get caught in the railing system and suffer injuries.
- Exposed wires – there is electricity all over water parks; electricity is necessary for the entire water park to function. In some instances, there are exposed wires. Guests can unknowingly make contact with exposed wires and suffer electric shock. Because of the excess of water, electrocution can be even more devastating.
- Suelos mojados – because of the excess of water throughout water parks, the floors are usually wet. Certain floor surfaces become slippery when wet and could potentially cause guests to slip and fall. Guests that slip and fall are likely to hit their heads and become unconscious, which is exceptionally dangerous around water.
Liability for Water Park AccidentsAfter suffering any sort of accident at a water park, many of us simply get up as quickly as possible to prevent further embarrassment. We are quick to blame ourselves for the accident. However, most accidents that occur could have been prevented. In fact, the water park owner, operators, managers, and even employees could be liable in one way or another. However, because of vicarious liability, liability can be transferred from different levels of employment up towards the employer – the water park owner.
Infórmese sobre sus opciones de indemnización llamando al (855) 339-8879.Why can a water park owner be liable for the harm that guests suffer on their property? Liability for water park accidents is based on premise liability. Based on premise liability, property owners have a duty of care towards all parties that visit their property (water park guests). Property owners have a duty to inspect their premises to ensure that the entire premises if free of any hazards that could pose a risk to their guests. When property owners fail to identify or address hazards and innocent guests are injured, property owners could be liable for all the harm suffered.
Are there any Exceptions to Liability?As explained above, water park owners can be liable for any harm suffered on their property given that they negligently failed to address any hazards present. However, other parties might carry liability. Consider the following scenarios in which other parties could carry liability:
- The water park has a contract with a cleaning crew that is on the water park before, after, and during operation hours. The cleaning crew has to constantly mop up the areas that are prone to slippery floors when wet. The cleaning crew also has to ensure that there are clear warning signs for the wet/slippery floors. In one instance, the cleaning crew on duty failed to appropriately mop up the wet floors and also failed to put up the signs. A guest slips and falls, suffering a number of injuries. The cleaning crew could be liable.
- The water park becomes aware that there is an issue with a water slide. Something sharp is exposed and tore one of their rafts. The water park immediately closes down the slide and calls the repair team (a contracted team that is specialized in water slide maintenance). The water park representative explains the problem, and the repair team begins to address it. After the repair is allegedly complete, the water park reopens the slide. However, one of the first guests to get on the ride suffers a laceration. Upon investigation, it is determined that the repair team created an additional hazard while addressing the original hazard. The repair team could be liable for the harm suffered; however, the water park could have some liability for failing to inspect and test the ride after the repair had been completed.
- There are many drains throughout the water park on walkways to ensure that water does not pool too much. Because people step on these drains while walking, the drains must be sturdy enough. A guest was walking on a designated walkway and stepped on a drain. The drain cover suddenly broke, and the guest’s foot got stuck in the drain. The guest tripped, suffering a severe foot injury. An investigation determined that the drain cover was installed correctly; however, it was found to be defective. The company failed to use the appropriate material for the drain cover. Based on product liability, the company that manufactured the defective product could be liable for the harm suffered.
¿Puede demandar?As explained above, water park owners and other parties could be liable for the harm that you or a member of your family suffered in a water park accident. These parties have a specific duty of care; when they breach their duty of care, they can contribute to accidents that result in injuries. If the harm that you suffered was related to a breached duty of care (or negligence), you might have grounds to sue. Depending on the specific details of your claim, you could even recover some sort of monetary compensation.
La indemnización disponible para la recuperaciónCould you be eligible to recover compensation? How much could you receive? What type of compensation could you recover? Although every claim is different, you might be eligible to recover compensation for at least some of the following:
- Gastos médicos
- Salarios perdidos
- Dolor y sufrimiento
- Gastos de sepelio y entierro
- Pérdida de consorcio
- Daños materiales
- Daños punitivos
Llame a (855) 339-8879 o completar un Formulario de evaluación gratuita hoy.To learn more about the type and amount of compensation that you might be eligible to receive, it is essential that you seek legal assistance as soon as possible. Our water park accident attorneys are ready to evaluate your claim and help you recover the compensation that you deserve. Whether you are pursuing an injury claim or a wrongful death claim, you could be certain that our experienced attorneys are ready to provide you with all the information that you need to understand the compensation that you could receive.
- Accidentes en la piscina privada
- Jet ski accidents lawyer
- Responsabilidad civil del hotel Piscina Ahogamiento accidental
- Abogado de ahogamiento en piscina
- How do drowning accidents occur?
- Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act
- Negligencia de los socorristas
- Boating accidents
- Responsabilidad de los hoteles por accidentes y lesiones
- River drowning lawyers
- Accidentes por ahogamiento en hoteles
- Who can be held responsible for a beach accident?
- Abogado de agresiones sexuales en parques de atracciones
- Amusement Park Accident lawsuit
PrescripciónIs your claim subject to a statute of limitations? All personal injury claims are subject to a specific statute of limitations. A statute of limitations determines the specific length of time that claimants have to pursue their claims. In other words, a statute of limitations is a deadline. If claimants fail to file within the appropriate deadline, they will lose their right to sue – and lose their right to recover any compensation. Water park accident claims could be subject to a two-year statute of limitations. However, exceptions could apply. Some exceptions could toll or pause the applicable statute of limitations, essentially allowing claimants more time to pursue their claims. Having a thorough understanding of the statute of limitations that applies to your claim is essential; therefore, we always recommend that those exploring the possibility of pursuing a claim seek legal assistance to be certain of the deadline that applies.
Contacte con nuestro bufeteIf you are in need of legal assistance after being involved in a water park accident, do not hesitate to contact our law firm as soon as possible. The water park accident attorneys at our firm are ready to provide you with all the information that you need to take legal action against the party or entity liable for the harm that you suffered. At Downtown L.A. Law Group, our lawyers are ready to represent you and fight for your right to recover the highest amount of compensation available for your claim. If you are ready to discuss your claim with our experts, you should Contacto immediately. We offer free consultations and free legal services to ensure that all parties have access to the legal representation necessary to start or continue their claims. During our free consultations and free second opinions, our lawyers will be available to answer all your questions and address all your concerns regarding your water park accident claim. Our lawyers will provide you with all the information that you need to start or continue your water park accident claim against the liable party or parties. To schedule a free consultation or a free second opinion, contact us immediately. Our free legal services are available as part of our Garantía de cero comisiones, which makes it so our clients never have to worry about paying any upfront legal fees for any of our legal services. Our law firm is also based on a strict contingency structure that ensures that our clients do not have to pay anything (any legal fees) until after reaching a successful claim outcome. To speak with our water park accident lawyers, Contacto hoy.
Más de $500 millones recuperados
para nuestros clientes
TÚ te mereces lo mejor
Revisión gratuita de casos 24/7
Usted no paga a menos que ganemos
Llame a 855.385.2529
Al enviar este formulario, usted acepta recibir llamadas telefónicas y mensajes de texto en cualquier momento, que incluyen horas fuera del horario comercial (8:00 am PST - 9:00 pm PST). Esto es para que podamos comunicarnos con usted tan pronto como sea posible con el fin de consultar sobre su caso potencial.
Guía definitiva sobre accidentes en parques de atracciones
– Abogado de accidentes en parques de atracciones
– Abogado de agresiones sexuales en parques de atracciones
– Accidentes en parques acuáticos
– Abogado de accidentes en Knotts Berry Farm
– Abogado de lesiones en campamentos de verano
– Abogado de accidentes en vacaciones