y private pools
are very popular, especially in areas that lack ocean access. Pools have many features, such as deep areas, competitive areas, and diving areas. The diving areas are sometimes dangerous, especially if people are swimming directly below the diving board. It is important that a pool owner or facility supervisor ensure that the diving boards present are up to code and working, and that everyone uses them properly. If you were hurt in a diving board incident
, though, you may have suffered injuries and need to seek out compensation. our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group
, can assist you.
How do diving board accidents happen?
Diving boards are present at many different pools and facilities, and they come in numerous sizes and heights. Some diving boards or placed just over the edge of a pool in a house, while others are nearly 10 feet in the air and must be climbed via a large ladder. Different pools will have various types of diving boards. It is not uncommon for a privately owned pool to have no diving board, and it is possible that training pools at colleges or other facilities will have numerous boards.
Infórmese sobre sus opciones de indemnización llamando al (855) 339-8879.
Historically, diving boards were made of wood and were up to 20 feet above the water
. Wood, however, may not be as stable; its flexibility can change over time, and if it absorbs too much water, can warp and crack
. Diving boards eventually began to be made of a special kind of aluminum and were treated with a slip-resistant material.
On average, more than 350 children drown each year – and a majority of these children are younger than five. And sadly, African American children are 5.5x more likely to drown than white children.
Modern diving boards are not free from defects
, though. Some companies that provide diving boards to facilities do not use the slip-resistant material
, and they do not install it properly at the pool. They may manufacture them with poor materials as well.
Examples of diving board accidents include:
- Slip and falls, which happen when you walk on the diving board and lose your footing, either because of excess water, lotion, grease, oil, or other material that is on there and was not cleaned or wiped away
- Broken diving boards, which can snap at the center during use, causing you to plummet with no control into the water
- Improperly installed diving boards, which may not be far enough away from the edges of a pool or which may not have a good foundation, working screws, and more
- Railings that are not secured to the board or are faulty, which can easily cause divers to fall off
- Lack of hazard signs, warning signs, or depth and height signs to warn divers of the dangers present with the diving board and its area
Diving Board Accident Lawyers
You could be seriously injured in a diving board accident
. It is possible that you could land poorly in the pool and go into shock, break bones, suffer a concussion, break your neck, damage your back and discs and vertebrae in it, or even drown. You should always dive only when a lifeguard is present and attentive so there is someone available to help you if you get hurt.
Más información sobre sus opciones jurídicas: llame al (855) 339-8879 para hablar ahora con un representante.
If you are hurt in a diving board accident
, it is wise to take appropriate legal action against the proper party. We can help you file your lawsuit today.
What should I do after a diving accident?
A diving accident can be troublesome to handle, especially if you were seriously hurt. You may not know the first thing about taking legal action, which could already be detrimental to your case. You will need to prove that the facility or pool owner was negligent in some way. To do this, you must show that he knew about the hazard and chose not to fix it, caused the hazard, or was unaware of it but reasonably should have known about it. This is how you show negligence in a premises liability lawsuit
, but you may not be able to do so by yourself.
You can take these steps after a diving board accident:
- Go to the doctor at once for medical treatment
- Do not hesitate visiting the doctor because it can compromise your health and negatively impact your claim
- Collect doctor’s notes, medical prescriptions, payments and receipts, MRI results, and any other evidence from the hospital to add to your claim
- Photograph your injuries and damages you suffered
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident at the pool, and if possible, acquire security footage if the pool were at a closed facility
- Interview any eyewitnesses who saw the incident happen, such as other swimmers or lifeguards, or anyone who can testify that there was a defect with the diving board
- File an incident report with the business if you were at a private facility so there is a copy or record of the accident
- Collect any insurance details and contact information from the negligent party
Obtenga más información sobre sus opciones legales: Llame a (855) 339-8879 para hablar ahora con un representante.
Defective diving board accidents
Once all of this evidence has been gathered, you should take it to a skilled lawyer who can organize it and write a demand letter based off it. Our diving board accident attorneys can sue the negligent party for you and negotiate the fairest deal possible.
You may not have any legal experience at all, an in the aftermath of a diving board accident, you could be seriously hurt, bedridden, and out of work. The lack of time, knowledge, energy, and experience will play heavily against you in your case, which is why we recommend seeking the representation of a qualified diving board accident attorney in Los Angeles. While you spend time recovering, we will spend time negotiating and working on your claim.
How long do I have to file a diving board accident claim?
California law dictates that you have 2 years from the date of the incident to file a lawsuit
against the responsible party in a personal injury claim. Failure to adhere to this 2-year deadline will result in the rejection of your claim and your inability to receive coverage. When you act quickly, your evidence is best preserved and all witnesses and points are fresh. If you wait months or years, a lot of the proof of the incident will likely be gone or not relevant anymore.
Know the Facts: Fatal Child Drownings
#1 Drowning is the leading cause of unitenional death for children ages 1-4 according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
You should strive to get an exception for the statute of limitations if possible so that you do not run the risk of missing out on your restitution. There are a few common exceptions that can happen. Minors are privy to one, which would allow them to sue when they turn legal age if they were injured while under the age of 18 years old. Others may have been left physically or mentally incapacitated and unable to do anything, so their statutes wouldn’t take left until they return to functionality. Additionally, the defendant must still be present in California if you wish to sue. If he has vacated the state, the statute of limitations will be put on hold until he returns.
To ensure that you are filing your claim within the proper time frame, you can call our law offices today.
¿Cuál es el valor de mi demanda por accidente de trampolín?
The value of a diving board accident lawsuit will vary according to the agent handling your claim. The gent will look over your evidence and consider the demand letter we wrote. He will then look at your injuries and how they affected your daily life and career opportunities and job capabilities. If these damages are extreme, your case is likely to be valued much more than if you were not seriously injured and recovered within the span of a few days. Your case value can increase or decrease, but we will still seek the maximum compensation available for you. We can win the following:
- Medical bills from the past and future for hospitalization, surgery, ambulatory transportation, medication, physical rehabilitation, and others
- Lost income from the past and future if you could not go to work after your incident or if you were made to switch jobs, since there will be a period where you earn no income due to recovery, injury, or appointments
- Property damage if your personal items were broke, damaged, or lost in the incident
- Pain and suffering damages to account for mental stress, PTSD, fear, anxiety, psychological trauma, and more
It is our goal to win you every penny you deserve. We can take your call today and tell you what we think the value of your case is and what we may be able to bring you.
A Firm You Can Trust
Downtown LA Law Group
is renowned for its aggressive lawyers, high rate of success, and proven track record of victorious cases. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients and we have handled all sorts of pool accident claims, including diving accident lawsuits
. We know the best tactics to win your case, and we will not give up until we are satisfied with the settlement we bring you.
For a free legal consultation
, call our law firm today. We will talk about your case, tell you what we feel it is worth, and inform you about the legal process. If you hire us, we’ll give you our zero fee guarantee, which says that you won’t have to pay any money at all throughout the case. We will cover the costs and only get reimbursed if we win; if we lose, we take nothing from anyone.
To sue a pool owner or facility
because of injuries suffered in a diving board accident, get in touch with the Downtown LA Law Group
today at (855) 339-8879