UBER Wrongful Deactivation Lawyer
You may drive Uber for a few hours a week for extra income or you may drive full time to make ends meet. No matter what the circumstances, you should be treated properly and fairly by the company. If Uber does not treat you well and chooses to deactivate you, you should look into the reasoning and inquire as to why. It is important to understand the reasons you were deactivated. In some cases, the reasons may not align with Ubers policies, and you can attempt to fight the choice. Our team of wrongful deactivation Uber attorneys en el Downtown LA Law Group can assist you with your issues and see to it that you are not denied your ability to earn wages through the app.
Uber’s Transparency with Drivers
Initially, Uber was very secretive when it came to its business practices, going so far as to prevent any drivers knowing why they were prevented from driving or alerting users to policy changes. This went on for some time before a ruling in 2018 accompanied a settlement. The settlement was to be paid out to over 385,000 drivers, reimbursing them for expenses they traveled with passengers in their vehicles. The company paid a total of $100,000,000 to the drivers, some of whom received over $8,000. The terms of the settlement also stated that their policies would change; drivers would be more aware of what could constitute deactivation. Previously, drivers could simply attempt to log on only to find that they were barred, and reaching out to Uber would lead nowhere.
Infórmese sobre sus opciones de indemnización llamando al (855) 339-8879.
Now, there is ample opportunity for drivers to discover why they were barred. If you feel that you were prevented from earning income, you should speak with an Uber wrongful deactivation lawyer hoy.
Causes of Uber Deactivation
You may be locked out of the Uber app or deactivated for a number of reasons. The policies can be found on Uber’s website or viewed in the legal section of the terms and services within the app itself. It is important to understand that most of the reasons for deactivation are universal, but a few of the nuances differ from city to city. For example, minimum ratings are different from location to location. This is because each city’s inhabitants may have different styles of ratings, tendencies, population, and much more. It can be unfair to drivers if the rules are uniform across different cities given the innate differences. Some of the causes for deactivation include:
- Rating System: All drivers are subjected to a rating system, out of 5 stars. Riders can give drivers a high rating if the service is respectable ad the ride is completed in a timely manner. Some drivers are dangerous or rude, though, which can lead to low ratings. Uber takes the average of the last 500 trips (or total trips if less than 500); if your rating is below the minimum required, you will be prevented from driving anyone else around. Uber will alert you and let you know that your rating is approaching this low number.
- Cancellation Rate: Drivers may need to cancel rides for various reasons, but numerous or persistent cancellations can impact a driver’s rating and result in deactivation. The cancellation rate is simply the percentage of rides taken against canceled rides. If you cancel more often than other drivers in your city or area, you may be locked out of the account.
- Acceptance Rate: You will not be permanently penalized if you do not accept rides, but if you consistently reject rides, you will be logged out. Uber recommends logging off the app if you do not wish to drive, as it can cause troubles with other drivers not getting offers and customers having to wait too long for rides.
Outside of the reasons connected with the app directly, you may also be deactivated for the following:
Más información sobre sus opciones jurídicas: llame al (855) 339-8879 para hablar ahora con un representante.
Were you deactivated because of an accident?
- Physical contact, physical violence, sexual relationsy mucho más
- Inappropriate language
- Abusive language or gestures
- Attempting to communicate with riders once a trip has been completed
- Reckless driving
- Committing crimes mientras conduces
- Using drugs or alcohol while behind the wheel
- Possessing a weapon while driving
- Violation of background checks
- Stealing Uber’s intellectual property
- Smearing Uber’s brand
- Soliciting payment or fares outside of the Uber system or app
- Committing fraudulent activity (falsifying clean up fees, increasing trip time, creating dummy accounts)
- Providing inaccurate personal information
- Discrimination against riders on basis of sex, religion, service animals, gender, and much more
If you have been deactivated for any of the reasons listed above, it is very likely lawful and within the rights of the company. Uber has specifically listed ways that you can be deactivated, so you cannot claim that you were unaware of the reasons; they also send notices and warnings prior to your deactivation. If you can prove that you were innocent and did not have any violations, you may have been unlawfully fired from your Uber position. Although Uber drivers are independent contractors, you may still be able to take legal action.
One of the most common ways that an Uber driver is deactivated is después de un accidente. You may have been struck by another vehicle while driving Uber, but the circumstances may not play out in your favor. For example, the other driver could have fled the scene and you do not have ample proof that you were not at fault. Uber could very likely elect to bar you from using the app until an investigation is completed, or they could choose to bar you permanently to prevent the risk of paying for damages ever again.
Nuestros veredictos y acuerdos recientes
Uber Drivers as Independent Contractors
Uber drivers are considered independent contractors; that is, they are not technically employed by the company and do not adhere to the same rules and regulations that others do. They are not given certain benefits and are not privy to overtime wages. Additionally, there are some states in which employment is at-will, meaning that employers can terminate their employees for any reason at all, provided the reason is not a violation. Employees can also leave for any reason. Uber’s policy changes can clear up a lot of the confusion and potential wrongful deactivation instances. Although drivers are still independent contractors, they can now be given ample reason for deactivation or termination.
Uber Accident Driver Deactivation
It is common for drivers who have been in accidents to suffer deactivation. This can be due to the lack of evidence a driver has to show that he was innocent or because someone filed a complaint or claim against Uber and targeted or named the driver. It is more often than not beneficial to Uber to simply deactivate the driver to prevent future accidents and costs. If you were involved in an accident, it is wise to póngase en contacto con an Uber wrongful termination lawyer or Uber accident lawyer who can look at the circumstances of your case and help you gather ample evidence. Your lawyer can help you assemble photos, contact information, receipts, and more. It is very important that you establish that you were a driver and that you were working for Uber at the time of the accident. This can be achieved by having screenshots and pay statements available for consideration.
Completar un Formulario de evaluación gratuita para empezar ya.
With the help of one of our Uber wrongful deactivation lawyers, you can potentially receive compensation for your losses. If you were in an accident, you could also be covered for the ensuing expenses, including coverage for the medical bills, lost income, damaged property, pain and suffering, and much more. – UBER desactivó mi cuenta tras un accidente
El bufete para usted
Our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group, has been handling cases against Uber since the company debuted. We have solidified ourselves as the most highly rated Uber accident law firm in the country and our qualified lawyers can help you with your lawsuit no matter what the circumstances. If you were hurt in an accident or if you were wrongfully fired or deactivated, you should take appropriate legal action and get assistance from the right source. Our lawyers will aggressively pursue your rightful compensation and will see to it that you are given the best advice and help available. Call our law offices at (855) 339-8879 for a free legal consultation. You can ask us questions about your case, Uber’s policies, and what you should do moving forward, and we will tell you what we feel your lawsuit is worth and how we would win it. All of our consultations are confidential; none of your private details or case information will be shared elsewhere. If you wish to hire us to represent you and handle your claim, we will give you our zero fee guarantee. This prevents you from spending any out of pocket expenses for our services. We will cover the legal costs of the case and we will get paid if and only if we win. If we do not win, you will not have to owe us a single dollar, and we will eat the losses ourselves. Your financial standing will not change. For the best Uber wrongful deactivation attorneys in town, póngase en contacto con el Downtown LA Law Group.
How Uber Works?
Más de $500 millones recuperados
para nuestros clientes
TÚ te mereces lo mejor
Revisión gratuita de casos 24/7
Usted no paga a menos que ganemos
Llame a 855.385.2529
Al enviar este formulario, usted acepta recibir llamadas telefónicas y mensajes de texto en cualquier momento, que incluyen horas fuera del horario comercial (8:00 am PST - 9:00 pm PST). Esto es para que podamos comunicarnos con usted tan pronto como sea posible con el fin de consultar sobre su caso potencial.
Guía definitiva sobre accidentes con Uber
- Abogados para una segunda opinión en su caso de accidente con Uber
- Guía definitiva de Uber Fair y Mave
- Abogados para una segunda opinión para tu caso de accidente con Lyft
- Plan de protección contra lesiones para conductores de Uber
- ¿Qué hacer después de un accidente de Lyft?
- Accidente de Uber/Lyft: Pasos a seguir como pasajero
- Uber Lyft agresión sexual abogado
- Seguro Uber - Lo más importante que debe saber Deducciones Uber
- UBER desactivó mi cuenta tras un accidente
- Accidentes por paradas repentinas en UBER
¿Te gusta este artículo? Reciba actualizaciones mensuales ¡GRATIS!
Revisión gratuita de casos 24/7
Llame a 855.339.8879