LESIONES EN EL LAVADO DE COCHES
Car wash facilities generally come in two forms. They are either sit-in facilities in which the driver still remains in the car while the wash happens, or they are empty-driver facilities where the driver exits the vehicle and can browse the shop while he waits. When a driver exits the vehicle, workers may clean the interior of the car as well. The issue with exiting the car is the risk of injury increases. Individuals who have slipped and fallen at these car washes or who have tripped and fallen on the premises can pursue compensation for their damages. Our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group, has handled numerous car wash injury lawsuits over the years, and we have secured hundreds of millions for our clients for various cases.Car Wash Dangers
Car wash facilities can be dangerous in a number of ways. Many workers and business owners are purely concerned with the safety of the insides of the car wash, and even then, do not make it safe for all people on the premises. Some of the dangers present in car washes include:
- Slippery floors due to excess water or moisture
- Oil spills in the parking lot and on the track from vehicles that are poorly maintained
- Soapy surfaces from the machines spewing excessive soap and cleaner
- Defective equipment that can cause injuries, such as broken rotating arms, hoses that are too powerful, chain tracks that stick out of the ground, and much more
- Blocked aisles and pathways in the marts and stores that can happen because of spilled or dropped merchandise, haphazard placement of items, and other scenarios
These risks are present in every car wash, and you should be extremely careful no matter where you are at the facility.Injuries from a Car Wash Slip and Fall
You can suffer numerous injuries if you slip and fall at a car wash. The usual dangers are present, but there are also unique structures and equipment at car washes that can contribute to getting hurt. If you slip on wet floors inside the mart, you could fall on sharp merchandise. If you fall in the actual washing facility, you may be hit by one of the moving pieces of equipment or get hurt by the chain that pulls cars along. Some of the potential injuries include:
- Conmoción cerebral
- Lesiones cerebrales traumáticas
- Lesiones craneales cerradas
- Hemorragia interna
- Lesiones por aplastamiento
- Heridas punzantes
- Huesos rotos
- Muscle and ligament damage
- Daño nervioso
- Lesiones cervicales y medulares
- Herniated or ruptured discs
- Knee and hip damages
Permanent or long-lasting injuries can completely change your life. They may require numerous treatments and constant reevaluation to prevent worsening. If you were injured at a car wash, you can file a claim today with the help of our law firm.
To file a lawsuit against a car wash, you must show that you were a rightful visitor. Premises liability claims can be filed by any guests on private property if there was negligence at play. Customers are generally considered invitees and have the highest duty of care, while licensees (or social guests) have less and trespassers (those with no right to be on the property) have the least.
Premises liability claims require one of three points to be shown as true:
- The property owner knew about the hazard and did nothing to fix it or warn others of the issue
- The property owner caused the hazard or problem himself
- The property owner was unaware of the issue but reasonably should have been
Car wash owners generally either know about problems and are too lazy or cheap to fix them, or they do not know there are problems because they do not conduct thorough inspections and investigations enough.
In order to file a claim, you should follow these steps:
- Go to the doctor for medical help
- Do not hesitate going to get medical treatment, as your injuries may worsen with time and your claim may be looked at as suspicious by the insurance agent
- Produce copies of medical records, charts, X-rays, MRI results, doctor’s statements, insurance billings, and more
- Haz fotos de tus heridas
- Take pictures of the car wash environment, any defects, and more; if possible, acquire security footage from the facility
- Interview eyewitnesses for their statements and testimonies about the incident
- File an incident report with the car wash
- Get any necessary contact information from involved parties
- Hire an expert lawyer to litigate your claim for you
The value of your car wash accident lawsuit will be determined by the insurance agent responsible for overlooking it. He will weigh different factors of the case and examine the evidence to come up with an offer. He will primarily look at your injuries, such as how severe they were, the impact they had on your life and job, and how responsible you were for sustaining them. He will also consider your age and job type. Many insurance agents simply strive to keep the profits of the company in order and do not want to pay out claims to injured victims. Our attorneys will fight for your rightful compensation and see to it that you receive the following:
- Medical bills and expenses from the past and future for surgery costs, hospital stays, ambulance transportation, medication and prescription drugs, physical therapy and rehabilitation sessions, and much more
- Missed income and wages if you were unable to work due to the incident, in addition to future income if recovery and treatments prevent you from returning; you could receive insurance benefits, commissions, tips, and more that you would have earned while working
- Property damage if your personal items were lost, broken, or must be replaced or repaired because of the incident
- Pain and suffering damages to cover emotional stress, psychological trauma, PTSD, fear, and anxiety
You should not be forced to pay off these expenses if you were not responsible for the incident in the first place. The car wash should be extremely careful and attentive to the safety of its customers, and if they have breached that duty, they should be liable. We will not stop fighting for your deserved damages, even if it means taking your case to court.
The statute of limitations to file a slip and fall lawsuit or premises liability lawsuit against a car wash is 2 years from the date of the injury. Failure to abide by this time restriction will cause your claim to become null and void. You cannot receive any compensation if you try to sue outside of the time limit, so it is crucial that you act quickly. It will also benefit your claim the sooner you act, as your evidence will be best preserved and will not have been lost or corrupted in any way.
It is possible for the statute of limitations to be suspended in some situations. Common scenarios for the statute to be extended include:
- Minors who were hurt in the incident can wait until they turn 18 years old to sue, since they cannot legally do so before then
- Victims who were left incapacitated after the incident can have the statute extended, as they cannot sue until they return to a functioning state of mind or body
- Defendants who have left the state can cause the statute to be frozen until they return, as they cannot be sued while not present
The primary reason that individuals fail to get compensation for their damages is the failure to abide by the statute of limitations. They may not know how much time remains or they may not even know there is a deadline. You can call our firm to learn when your claim expires, and if you hire us, we will get your evidence through and work on everything right on time.La promesa de nuestra empresa
Downtown LA Law Group promises to work around the clock to win you a fair settlement if you were hurt at a car wash. We know how to best negotiate a fair deal from the company and will stop at nothing to win you every penny you deserve. We fully dedicate ourselves to all of our clients, and we will always keep you informed about the progress of your claim.
You can call us any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for a free legal consultation. We can walk you through the legal process, tell you what we think the value of your case is, and answer your questions. All consultations are completely confidential – no private details will be shared outside of our offices.
You will receive a zero fee guarantee as well if you hire us. This means that you have to pay no fees to our firm for our services. We will only get paid if we win, and we’ll take our payment as a portion of the settlement from the car wash. If we lose, you owe us nothing, and we eat the losses of the case.
To sue a car wash for injuries sustained while on the premises, contact the Downtown LA Law Group today.
Más de $500 millones recuperados
para nuestros clientes
TÚ te mereces lo mejor
Revisión gratuita de casos 24/7
Usted no paga a menos que ganemos
Llame a 855.385.2529
Al enviar este formulario, usted acepta recibir llamadas telefónicas y mensajes de texto en cualquier momento, que incluyen horas fuera del horario comercial (8:00 am PST - 9:00 pm PST). Esto es para que podamos comunicarnos con usted tan pronto como sea posible con el fin de consultar sobre su caso potencial.