PPV McGregor v Mayweather Lawsuit
Those who purchase pay per view aired events expect to have a clear and enjoyable experience viewing the event. Their purchase ensures that the footage aired to the television sets will be functioning and devoid of too many jarring issues. When this expectation isn’t lived up to, customers are left feeling cheated and in need of some compensation. Recently, some viewers of the popular McGregor v. Mayweather event were left feeling dejected after many complained about broadcasting issues. A class action lawsuit was then filed against Showtime for these viewing disruptions. If you have experienced similar interruptions in your recent broadcast, you may be eligible for compensation. At Downtown LA Law Group, our skilled McGregor Mayweather PPV lawsuit attorneys can assist you in filing your claim. If you have any questions after reading this article, please feel free to contact our law offices for a free consultation.
A class action lawsuit is a suit wherein a group of people with the same or similar damages caused by the same product or action sue the defendant as a group. The subjects of class action lawsuits can vary widely. However, there are two factors that are always present and are as follows:
- The issues that are being disputed are common to all members of the class
- The persons affected are so large in number as to make it impracticable to bring them all before a court
In most cases (especially this case in particular), class action lawsuits are filed against the manufacturers or producers of a particular product. However, there are multitudes of other kinds of class action lawsuits that can be filed, some of which are listed below:
- Empleados que experimentan una pauta o práctica de discriminación racial, por edad o por sexo por parte de su empleador.
- Propietarios de viviendas o negocios afectados por una catástrofe medioambiental provocada por una empresa.
- Pacientes a los que se prescribe un medicamento que tiene un efecto secundario peligroso que el fabricante conocía y no comunicó.
- Consumidores y pequeños empresarios que pagaron un precio inflado por un producto después de que un grupo de empresas conspirara para fijar los precios.
- Inversores que perdieron sus ahorros debido a un fraude bursátil cometido por altos ejecutivos de una empresa que cotiza en bolsa.
- Personas a las que una empresa grabó sus comunicaciones privadas sin su conocimiento o autorización
Any of these incidents is reason enough to file a class action lawsuit against a guilty party. However, for the sake of this article, those who are seeking compensation for their interrupted pay per view broadcast would file a class action lawsuit surrounding defective products. In this case, the event which was promised to have been aired with few interruption did anything but and as such the company that aired the event can be held liable for damages.
You and Your Case
Clients who seek an attorney for their McGregor v. Mayweather pay per view lawsuit, are more than likely bound to ask some of the following questions:
- Can I sue if I could not watch the Mayweather v. McGregor fight?
- Can I sue if I was unable to watch the Mayweather v. McGregor fight?
- Can I sue the Pay Per View company if I was unable to watch the Mayweather McGregor fight on Pay Per View?
To answer these questions, yes, you can sue whichever party promised to air the event with payment, but failed to do so properly. When this is the case, an attorney can be retained to help you file your McGregor v. Mayweather Pay Per View disruption lawsuit.
About Downtown LA Law Group
If you or a loved one paid for the McGregor and Mayweather Pay Per View event but were unable to view the actual event you may be eligible to collect compensation. At Downtown LA Law Group, our skilled Pay-Per-View attorneys can assist you in building your case and filing your lawsuit. As a show this commitment to you and your case we offer our clients the benefits of a zero fee guarantee policy. Under our zero fee policy, all clients don’t pay for our services until their case is won. If you feel in need of a second opinion, second opinion case reviews are also free under this policy. Call our law offices today for a free consultation by one of our skilled attorneys, and we can discuss the incident, your damages, and the path to receiving proper compensation for your damages.