Ladder accidents are common and dangerous accidents which can leave the victim in a critical condition. Such accidents can cause traumatismo craneal, traumatic brain injuries, concussions, broken bones and other serious injuries. If you have been injured as a result of a ladder defect contact our offices for a free case evaluation, we can help get you the results you deserve. If you have been injured as a result of a ladder accident at work or because of a defective ladder our offices can help you with your case. We know how difficult and frustrating such circumstances can be and our team is ready to help, contact us today for a free case evaluation and experience the difference at Downtown LA Law.
Work Ladder Accidents
Ladders can be used in industrial settings as well as retail and commercial businesses. When a ladder is used in an industrial setting certain requirements and qualifications must be satisfied which include:
Types of Ladder Injuries
- Ladders are allowed to be used for window cleaning purposes when no other practical means exist, however this cannot be used when a 40’ ladder extension is required to be used
- When an window cleaner is engaged on a ladder over 18’ feet in length then another party must secure the bottom of the ladder properly and with both hands
- The ladder must be positioned in a safe and proper manner
- Medal ladders shall not be used in an area or in proximity to electrical currents or objects
- Ladders are required to be inspected on a daily basis in order to test for defects and those found to be defective must be removed from operation
- Ladders must be stored in a proper manner so as to avoid injury upon re-use and or storage
- Sectional ladders must be used by no more then one person at a time or with the use of a “ladder jack” or “scaffold plank” so as to avoid injury
- Ladders are not to be paced in front of doors unless such doors are locked securely or guarded and cannot be mounted on-top of unstable surfaces to increase height
- Employees are not to be permitted to work from the top three sections or rungs of a ladder unless proper safeguards are in place
- All ladders must have non-slip bases to avoid slip and falls. If you have been injured as a result of a ladder accident our ladder injury attorneys Los Angeles can help. Industrial and work related ladder injuries are serious and can require special treatment and experts before a settlement is reached.
- Window-cleaning injuries;
- Skyscraper ladder injuries;
- Broken or defective ladder injuries;
- Step ladder injuries;
- Lesiones cerebrales traumáticas;
- Severe back injuries;
- Serious neck and shoulder injuries;
- Nariz rota;
- Broken hand;
- Broken legs;
- Damaged or ruptured eye socket;
- Lesiones cerebrales leves;
- Conmociones cerebrales;
- Pérdida de audición
- Pérdida de visión
- Estrés postraumático (PTSD)
Nuestros veredictos y acuerdos recientes
Liability for Defective Ladders: Product Liability Lawsuits
Product defects include any product sold by a commercial seller of the product or merchant, which turns out to be defective. Defects can stem from a defective design, failure to warn or a manufacturers defect. However, regardless of the reason for the defect the injured party is entitled to recovery for their damages. Ladder accidents in particular can lead to serious injuries, which develop either immediately or at a later point in time. It is critical to discuss your case with a qualified professional to determine the best course of action.
Hardware companies are notorious for not always providing the safest materials and equipment. To file a defective product claim, you will need to show that the company was actually negligent. Negligence can be shown in product liability cases in three ways.
A design error was present with the ladder
A manufacturing error was present with the ladder
A lack of hazard signs or warnings on the ladder or packaging.
To file a claim, you will need proof that you were injured. You should go to the hospital as soon as you see any sign of injuries. Make sure you hold on to any receipts and doctor’s statements from the hospital, too. It is important that you do not hesitate to go to the doctor, either – the longer you wait, the more likely you will suffer other damages, and the more damage it will do to the claim itself.
You can ask any eyewitnesses, family members, coworkers, or friends who were nearby to provide you with their statements and testimonies. Your claim will be bolstered if there are more people supporting you.
Take photos of the ladder and how defective it was. You can also take pictures of your injuries, if possible.
Do not dispose of the ladder or return it to the store. Do not seek a refund from the company. Do not even try to fix it in any way. Simply put the toy somewhere safe so it can be used as evidence for your claim. Any changes that happen to the ladder can be detrimental to the lawsuit. Further, if you don’t have the ladder, there would be next to no way to prove that it was defective and was the main cause of your injuries.
You may have the receipt showing that you bought the ladder, or you could have an online order history, a proof of purchase document or email, a credit card statement, or something else. You can add this document to your claim, too.
All of your evidence can be assembled by an expert product liability lawyer. If you have no legal experience, you may not be able to win the claim. Our attorneys can write the demand letter and go through with the negotiations while you focus on recovering. It is in your best interest to let the leading experts represent you and seek out your deserve compensation
Ganancias de una demanda por responsabilidad civil por productos defectuosos
Product liability lawsuits do not all result in the same amount of compensation. Some are more valuable than others. The primary factor in determining the value of a case is the degree of injuries. Serious injuries warrant higher damages, while lesser injuries often do not. Our law firm will negotiate with the insurance agency and aim to win you the following forms of compensation:
Medical bills for surgery, hospitalization, physical therapy, medication and prescription drugs, future treatments, and more
Reimbursement of lost wages from the past and future if you were unable to return to work
Property damage for lost or broken belongings
Pain and suffering damages for mental trauma, PTSD, fear, anxiety, emotional stress, and more
You should always reach out to a lawyer to ensure that you receive the fairest treatment from an insurance agent. Our attorneys know how to negotiate fair deals and ensure that the law is being upheld by the company.