Kentucky Helicopter Crash Leaves 9 Dead – Helicopter Crash Wrongful Death Lawyers
A helicopter crash has left 9 U.S. military members dead. The incident occurred in Trigg County in Western Kentucky on Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at about 10pm local time. According to military officials, the incident involved two HH60 Black Hawk Helicopters during a routine training mission.
The helicopters were allegedly flying in multi-ship formation under night-vision goggles at the time of the crash. The helicopters were medical evaluation helicopters, although it is not believed that the aircrafts were performing medical evacuation drills at the time of the crash.
There were 9 victims – 5 in one helicopter and 4 in the second helicopter. All victims were based in Fort Campbell and were a part of the 101st Airborne Division. The identities of the victims have not yet been released as the military is still in the process of informing the families of the victims. The incident remains under investigation.
Without a doubt, this is a devastating incident. The families of the victims are likely to have many questions surrounding the incident. These questions could include the following:
- What caused the helicopter crash?
- Who is responsible for the helicopter crash?
- What legal options or remedies are available?
Here at the Downtown L.A. Law Group, our personal injury lawyers are more than ready to help you understand the legal options available to you and your right to sue. Our team has decades of experience handling all sorts of claims, including wrongful death claims, and fighting for the rights of victims and their families. If you are interested in learning more about the legal options available for you after a U.S. military training helicopter crash, it is important that you seek legal assistance immediately. Contact us today.
What Can Cause Helicopter Crashes?
The incident discussed above remains under investigation, so the cause has not been determined. However, we can look into the common causes of helicopter crashes in general. Below, some common causes of helicopter crashes are listed:
- Pilot error – this can include operating the aircraft in bad weather or poor visibility, being under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or prescription medications, operating the aircraft recklessly, etc.
- Mechanical errors – this can include electrical failures, engine failures, etc.
- Aircraft defects – this can include defects in design, manufacturing, and labeling.
Depending on the specific cause of the crash, different parties or entities could be liable. For example, if the incident was caused by pilot error, then the entity that allowed the pilot to operate the aircraft could be liable. Similarly, if the incident was caused by mechanical errors, then the entity responsible for maintaining and repairing the aircraft could be liable. Finally, if the incident was caused by an aircraft defect, then the aircraft manufacturer could be liable.
Can I File a Lawsuit for Wrongful Death?
Yes – if a member of your family lost his or her life in a helicopter crash, you could have the right to file a helicopter crash wrongful death. As mentioned above, based on the specific cause of the incident, different parties or entities could be liable for the incident. For more information about the legal options available to you and your family after a fatal helicopter crash, we recommend that you seek legal assistance from the experts here at our law firm as soon as possible.
Can I Recover Compensation for a Helicopter Crash Wrongful Death Claim?
Yes – depending on the details surrounding the incident, you could have the right to recover monetary compensation for the wrongful death of a family member. What could you recover? Although every claim is different, some of the compensation available for recovery could include the following:
- Any medical expenses incurred prior to the victim’s death
- Lost earnings and loss of financial support
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial damages
- Punitive damages
- Legal fees
For more information about the specific compensation that you could recover – including the type and amount – we recommend that you speak to one of our skilled helicopter crash wrongful death lawyers. Here at the Downtown L.A. Law Group, our lawyers are ready to go above it all to fight for your rights and help you recover the maximum payout available for your claim. If you have any questions surrounding the average value of helicopter crash wrongful death claims or how much you could possibly recover, speak to a lawyer immediately.
How Long Do I Have to File a Wrongful Death Claim?
All claims are subject to a statute of limitations, or a deadline to sue. If claimants fail to file their claims within the time established by the statute of limitations, then claimants could lose their right to sue entirely. In Kentucky, where the incident discussed above occurred, the statute of limitations for wrongful death is 1 year – this means that claimants only have 1 year to file a lawsuit. Of course, certain exceptions can apply. For more information about the time that you have to file your helicopter crash wrongful death claim, contact the experts here at our law firm today.
Downtown L.A. Law Group’s Helicopter Crash Lawsuit Lawyers are Ready to Help!
Our experts are ready to evaluate your situation and help you better understand your right to sue and recover compensation. To make things as simple as possible for those looking for legal help, we offer free legal services, which include both free consultations and free second opinions. During these free legal services, our expert helicopter accident lawyers will be available to answer questions, address concerns, and provide you with all the information that you need to begin or continue your claim. Our team can help you even if you have already started your claim elsewhere but are unhappy with the way that things are going. If you are ready to speak to our lawyers, contact us today.
Our Zero-Fee guarantee ensures that our clients will not be required to pay any upfront legal costs for any of our legal services. In addition, our firm works strictly on contingency, so our clients will not be required to pay anything until after winning their claims. If you do not win, you will not have to pay anything at all.
Contact us today to speak with our helicopter accident lawyers.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
Air Ambulance Accident Lawyer Helicopter Crash
Average Value of a Helicopter Accident Case
Sikorsky 76 Helicopter Accident Lawyer
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney