Learn more about your legal options by chatting with a representative now.
Why Uber and Lyft drivers are going on strikeRideshare Drivers United published a Drivers’ Bill of Rights that clearly outlines their demands. Their demands are separated into four categories, which include fair pay, TNC transparency, a voice on the job, and community standards. Besides the demands that were mentioned above, Rideshare Drivers United is also making the following demands:
- Pay rideshare drivers per mile and minute rates when going to pick up the passenger.
- Set hourly minimum wage before expenses
- Set a surcharge in rideshare fare to include the price of gas
- Allow drivers to access information relating to the estimated fare payment as well as trip destination prior to accepting and initiating the trip
- Show full fare breakdown including information on Uber and Lyft’s take on passengers’ trip receipt
- Recognition of the organization
- The right to organize without any retaliation
- Vehicle caps to address traffic and carbon emissions
- Set emission standards for new vehicles added to the rideshare service
- Share vehicle data with authorities for traffic management
Find out more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a representative now.