According to numerous reports from local medial the foothill bus accident took place sometime after 8:45 p.m. in the 10 Freeway in the city of Alhambra. So far the full extent of the injuries suffered by accident victims has yet to be determined. However the CHP and local area hospital have reports at least 8 injuries. Fortunately the bus was only carrying 14 individuals including passengers and driver. The foothill transit bus driver fell asleep in the wheel resulting in the vehicle crashing into the retaining wall of the 10 freeway in San Gabriel Valley close to the 710 interchange. The CHP issue a SigAlert.
Common Injuries Associated With Bus Accidents: The exact type extent and severity of injuries to passengers onboard the Foothill Transit Bus line has yet to be fully determined. Some injuries common amongst victims of bus accidents are as follows..
Bus Accident Lawsuits – Common Carrier Liability
- Back injury – disc herniation
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Facial injuries and lacerations
- Emotional trauma – PTSD and Depression
- Hand crush injuries and amputations
- Soft tissue injuries – bodily trauma
- Deep cuts and lacerations
: Under California personal injury laws bus operators are considered common carriers owing the highest level of care in the conduction of their vehicles. Negligence based personal injury lawsuits involving bus line operators require the proving of several elements…
- The bus operator owed a duty to the injured party
- The bus company breached its duty of care to passengers onboard the vehicle
- The breach of the duty was the cause the accident and prevailing injuries resulting from the accident
: If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries resulting from a bus accident feel free to contact our accident law firm. All consultations with our attorneys are free of charge and confidential.