Water Fountain Slip and Fall Injury Attorney
Water fountains provide a decorative element that livens up many public and private spaces, including back yards, shopping centers, hotels, and office buildings. We often walk by one of these structures to admire the architecture and the calming flow of water, and maybe to throw in a coin while making a wish. However, these fountains require diligent maintenance and repairs, as they are prone to cracks and leakage. Tropically, water spills out from the fountains, resulting in slippery conditions that can cause people to fall down.
Have you had a slip and fall accident due to water from a fountain on someone else’s property? If the answer is yes, contact us right away to discuss your rights and legal options with a water fountain injury attorney. We know the devastation that follows an unexpected accident, and how stressed you may be right now about your medical costs, lost time from work, and how to deal with the pain and emotional trauma from your accident. Normandie Law Firm is ready to fight for you and secure the settlement you need to move forward with your life. Please give us a call to schedule a free case review at your earliest convenience.
Falling down is the leading cause of injuries throughout the world, so it’s essential to see a doctor right away if you’ve had a slip and fall due to water, ice, or other hazards around a water fountain. Otherwise, you can end up with complications from a variety of injuries, such as:
- Broken bones in the arms, legs, hands, and feet
- Joint dislocation in the elbows, knees, and shoulder
- Fractured ribs
- Fractured coccyx (tailbone)
- Internal bleeding / Injuries to the internal organs
- Hip fracture
- Traumatic brain injury
- Whiplash (neck injury)
- Spinal cord damage
- Severe sprains in the ankles and wrists
- Soft tissue injuries
- Deep cuts, leading to infections and/or permanent scars
- Chronic pain
Another category of injury is emotional trauma, which comes from suffering an unexpected accident that is painful to recover from. Among slip and fall victims, we see a number of mental health issues, including insomnia, post-traumatic stress, depression, and fear of falling down / going to new places. These “invisible” injuries merit compensation as well, so please contact us right away if you’d like to learn more about the injuries you can claim in a slip and fall accident case.Suing for a Slip and Fall Incident
Your right to compensation isn’t guaranteed just because you fell due to a slippery condition on someone else’s property. To have a solid case against the property owner, business, public agency, etc., there are three elements you must prove:
- Breach – the defendant breached (failed) in their duty to keep you safe while you were on their property. For example, there was a puddle of water around the fountain that the owner failed to clean up, nor did they place signs to keep people away from the area.
- Liability – the defendant is liable (responsible) for your accident since you were an invitee (invited for business reasons) or a licensee (invited for a social purpose) on the premises.
- Damages – your accident caused you financial losses and emotional trauma, which means you are entitled to compensation from the defendant.
These factors form the foundation to any personal injury lawsuit, but there are many other elements we will need to establish, depending on the circumstances of your accident. To get started on the legal process for a water fountain slip and fall injury claim, call us to schedule a free case evaluation.Available Forms of Compensation
As the victim of another individual’s negligence, you can ask for economic and non-economic damages to compensate you for the losses you’ve suffered. Not everyone will receive the same forms of payment, so please speak with one of our attorneys to see which of the following damages you are entitled to:
- Medical expenses for doctor’s appointments, surgery, medication, physical therapy, etc.
- Cost of mental health counseling
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages, including paid time off that you were forced to use due to your recovery needs
- Property damage
- Legal fees
- Punitive damages
The value of a slip and fall claim depends on the total sum of your damages, which we discussed in the above section. These amounts are different for each claimant, so overall, it’s impossible to provide an average case value for these lawsuits. On the lower end, a case may be worth around $15,000 to $30,000. With more serious injuries, a victim may receive around $75,000 to $250,000, which is largely based on their medical expenses and pain and suffering. If the victim has sustained paralysis, traumatic brain damage, and other lifelong injuries, settlements may be in the range of $1.5 million to $5 million. To discuss this topic in greater detail, simply give us a call and arrange a time to speak with one of our attorneys.Estimated Time to Settle Your Case
We can’t say for sure how long it will take to settle your case, considering the number of complications that can come up during the legal process. Our goal is to negotiate all settlements with the insurance company within the first 6 months of submitting the demand letter. The majority of cases are resolved in this manner, but sometimes, a lawsuit is necessary due to the other side’s unwillingness to negotiate in good faith. This problem occurs more frequently with higher value claims (6 to 7-figures), but this is not an absolute rule. That’s why we are upfront with clients about the fact that 2 or more years may be needed to secure an adequate settlement.
Slip and fall lawsuits in California must be filed within 2 years from the date of injury. Generally, this is the accident date, but it could be later if your injury from the accident cannot be fully diagnosed until a later time period. Our lawyers can sit down with you and go over the issues that will affect how long you have to sue the responsible party. It’s important that you get this right, since you will probably lose the right to sue altogether if you are past the statute of limitationsFree Second Opinion
Slip and fall accidents are exceedingly common, which may give you the impression that any personal injury lawyer can handle your case. But many of these cases involve circumstances that merit extensive investigation and complex interpretations of the law. Some attorneys lack the needed experience; others are overwhelmed by huge caseloads. Either way, if you believe that your case is not getting the attention it deserves, please take advantage of a free second opinion from a slip and fall lawyer at our law firm. This is a completely free consultation, with no obligation to switch lawyers or do anything else that you’re not 100% sure about. Our job is to review your claim and advise you of the options that are available to you. If this sounds like a service you could benefit from, call us to schedule a free second opinion.Contact Our Law Firm
Unfortunately, serious injuries happen when we least expect them, and as a result, many of us are unprepared for the cost of recovering from a slip and fall accident. But that burden should not be your shoulders if your accident was caused by a property owner’s negligence. With decades of experience in premises liability lawsuits, we know the nuances that are involved in these cases and the burden of proof that is needed to recover a favorable settlement. By contacting us right away, you can get started on the process of obtaining the funds you deserve.
Our law firm works on contingency, so we never accept payment from our clients for the work we do on their case. Instead, that comes to us from the at-fault party at the same time you receive your settlement. If we end up losing our case, you still pay nothing as we protect you with the Zero Fee Guarantee from day one.
Contact Normandie Law Firm to explore your rights and legal options if you’ve had a slip and fall that was caused by water from a water fountain.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
Accident Injury Lawyer for a No Wet Floor Sign Lawsuit
Beverlywood Injury Attorney – Dim Lighting Causing Trip and Fall in Beverlywood
Understanding Your Rights As The Victim Of A Trip And Fall Incident in A Downtown Los Angeles Parking Lot
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney