With more than 50 locations in California, FoodMaxx is well known for bargain prices on food items. They claim that their prices will not be beaten in any of the areas they service, which include:
- Santa Maria
- San Jose and the Bay Area
- Citrus Heights
- North Highlands
- Yuba City
- Red Bluff
- San Jose
- Union City
- San Leandro
- San Pablo
- Santa Rosa
- Rohnert Park
But what the chain is not so fast to disclose is that there are a significant number of slip & fall accident injury incidents in their locations. The causes of these injuries to customers can be partially attributed to issues such as shelves that have been over stocked or are piled too high, freestanding displays blocking walkways, or items spilled on the floor. However, regardless of the other contributing factors, almost all the slip & fall injuries in these stores come back to the same concern. The staff in FoodMaxx stores are not following through on their duty of care to their customers.
If you or a loved one has suffered a slip & fall injury at a FoodMaxx location in California, the team at DTLA Law Group is here to help. We are here 24/7 to provide immediate answers to many of your legal questions and to schedule a free consultation with a FoodMaxx slip & fall accident injury lawyer. Our goal is to ensure that you understand your rights as a personal injury victim and how to protect yourself should there be costly medical bills and other challenges created by your injuries. Be sure to get in touch with our office at your first convenience to schedule a free consultation with an expert FoodMaxx slip & fall accident injury lawyer.
Common Slip & Fall Safety Hazards Found In FoodMaxx Locations
With the tough economy and increasing prices, it is understandable that every consumer is looking for bargains on healthy food items. But it is equally vital that thrifty shoppers understand the challenges or safety hazards they could face when choosing to shop at a local FoodMaxx. Some of the common and potentially life-altering slip & fall hazards you might encounter include:
- Poorly stacked or over stocked shelving that often spills over onto the floor, causing food items such as rice, beans, sugar, pet kibble, or kitty litter to cover the floor and create a significant slip & fall hazard- in addition, these small items can be hard to see, making them even more dangerous to shoppers
- Bottles and jars that can easily fall from a shelf and create a double hazard, including liquid spills that increase the slip & fall potential and broken glass that can cause additional injuries
- Puddles of water can often be found near coolers and freezers that are leaking, damaged water lines, malfunctioning plumbing fixtures, and drink or ice dispensers
- Washrooms in FoodMaxx locations can also be particularly dangerous due to clogged drains or overflowing toilets that create severe slip and fall possibilities due to the wet floor conditions
- Paper, litter, straw wrappers, drink lids, and receipts are all items that can be found on the floor and cause serious injury when the victims slips and falls
The most unfortunate part is that most of these safety concerns are easy to eliminate or simply marked with a caution sign to warn patrons of the need for increased attention and safety measures. However, the limited staff in these discount stores are not making the required inspections and taking the time to clean up spills and issues when they are discovered.
What Is Duty Of Care?
Duty of care is part of premises liability law and dictates the level of care required by property and business owners. In the case of FoodMaxx, the responsibility for this care falls to the employees of the locations because the owner is not present in each store regularly.
The care expected in a FoodMaxx or any other business location is defined as the care that the average prudent person would demonstrate. For example, the average person would mop up spilled water to prevent a slip & fall injury accident. And the same is expected of the staff in FoodMaxx. Another example is that the typical person will pick up trash from the floor to ensure no one slips & falls. Again, the same is required of the staff at FoodMaxx.
If the FoodMaxx staff is not making regular inspections of the store and following these simple guidelines, they could be considered negligent in their duty of care. When that negligence results in a patron suffering a slip and fall accident injury, the store could be liable for the victim’s losses. If that is the case, the victim also has reason to consider filing a FoodMaxx slip & fall accident injury lawsuit.
How Much Is My FoodMaxx Slip & Fall Accident Injury Lawsuit Worth?
Many personal injury victims are under the misconception that there are predetermined values assigned to specific injuries or types of lawsuits. However, that is not correct. In reality, each lawsuit’s value is determined by evaluating the expenses and losses caused by the injuries the victim suffered. In your case, the staff at DTLA Law Group will help you sort through the items you have already paid and the amounts you owe or have lost to determine the value of your FoodMaxx slip & fall accident injury lawsuit. Some of the categories of your expenses will include:
- Medical bills from treatment, medication, and essential medical devices
- Your lost income if the injuries prevented you from working
- The cost of legal representation and preparation of your FoodMaxx slip & fall accident injury lawsuit
- The value of any personal property that was damaged or destroyed in the slip & fall incident
In addition, you can include a dollar amount to compensate you for the pain and suffering you faced due to your injuries. The staff at DTLA Law Group will assist you in selecting an appropriate amount based on the severity of your injuries and the time needed to reach a complete recovery.
Injuries Suffered In FoodMaxx Slip & Fall Incidents
Unfortunately, many of the injuries suffered by FoodMaxx slip & fall victims are severe. The countless sharp edges and corners on shelving, freestanding displays, and the limited walking space in the aisles all contribute to these severe injuries:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Damage to connective tissue or complete joint dislocations
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds that often include damage to internal organs or internal bleeding
- Damage to the spinal cord, neck, or back
- Facial injuries to the skin, nose, eyes, ears, mouth, or teeth
- Soft tissue or nerve damage
- Head injuries that could include a skull fracture, concussion, brain contusion, brain hemorrhage, or other traumatic brain injury
These injuries can potentially alter the rest of the victim’s life and cause added suffering, stress, and financial challenges. It is also common for victims to become depressed as they face a decreased quality of life and ability to live independently because of very preventable FoodMaxx slip & fall accident injuries.
When To File Your FoodMaxx Slip & Fall Accident Injury Lawsuit
As a personal injury victim, you have two years to file a claim with the court to seek compensation from FoodMaxx for your slip & fall injuries and losses. If you do not file within the Statute of Limitations, you will likely lose the right to file a FoodMaxx slip & fall accident injury lawsuit. However, you can file the case as soon as you and your legal team feel it is ready to present to the court. Filing as quickly as possible is very beneficial for victims who need the funds to pay medical bills and other expenses. The DTLA Law Group team will work diligently to prepare your case and have it filed as soon as possible if this is the best way to meet your immediate needs.
Affording The Best Representation For Your FoodMaxx Slip & Fall Accident Injury Lawsuit
The staff at DTLA Law Group is focused on doing everything possible to help you get through this challenging time. Our goal is to eliminate the stress created by your legal matter to allow you to focus on healing and restoring your life. One of the fundamental ways we strive to eliminate added challenges for our clients is never to request payment for our services until we have secured the settlement or verdict needed to pay legal fees and other expenses.
In addition, if we fail to win your case, you owe us nothing. So there is never a concern that you face added expenses and legal fees if you have not gotten any compensation for your injuries. So please never feel that you have no options or cannot afford to hire the experts needed to get the compensation that is owed you for your injuries or losses. Don’t hesitate to contact DTLA Law Group today to discuss your incident and the potential of filing a FoodMaxx slip & fall accident injury lawsuit. Our staff is here 24/7 to answer your questions and assure you will not face any of these challenges alone. The DTLA Law Group team will always be at your side.