With the corporate headquarters for Applebee’s in Glendale, CA, the chain is very popular as an employer and a great place to enjoy some authentic American favorite meals and snacks. Over 100 locations in California alone show the success of this home-state favorite around the state and across the country.
So when you plan to visit an Applebee’s location at mealtime or even during happy hour, there could be a wait to get a table. This hectic pace is a plus for revenue but can have some drawbacks for customers. First, waiting a long time to get seated can become tedious, knowing that you will also be waiting for your food. And the crowd of people can increase the potential for slip and fall injury accidents and other unfortunate events.
Sadly, owners and staff at Applebee’s do little to help ensure the safety of patrons when there is a crowd waiting to be seated or even when they are not running at capacity. So guests need to understand the safety risks they face and work to avoid becoming the next Applebee’s slip and fall accident injury victim.
And if you do become one of the latest victims of a slip and fall incident at Applebee’s, it is essential to understand your rights as a personal injury victim. The expert team at DTLA Law Group is here to provide the information and answers you need at a free consultation. Our Applebee’s slip and fall accident injury attorney will explain your rights and make sure that you know how to protect them and your future when you could be facing massive medical expenses and an inability to work. Contact the office 24/7 to know you are taking action to ensure you do not face a mountain of debt created by someone else’s negligence.
The All Too Common Slip And Fall Risks At Applebee’s
With serving staff carrying massive trays filled with food and drinks, accidents can happen. But the most important thing that needs to happen at that moment is not the apology for the added wait for your food. Instead, the critical action that needs to occur first is the cleanup to ensure that an unsuspecting customer does not suffer a severe slip and fall injury. But that is rarely what happens in these instances. And it is one of the reasons there are so many slip and fall injuries in Applebee’s locations. Some of the other common culprits include:
- Damaged or folded floor mats at the entrance to the restaurant
- Missing floor mats or saturated floor mats at the entrance provide a false sense of security as guests assume their shoes are dry and will not slip, and the smooth flooring
- Damp floors that were recently mopped but had no warning or caution signs for patrons to be aware of the added slip and fall potential
- Small puddles of water from ice that was dropped and melted on the floor before being cleaned up
- Water on the floor due to a damaged water line, leaking cooler, or a plumbing fixture that is malfunctioning
- Damaged flooring
- Unmarked transitions from one flooring surface to another
- Unmarked steps or inclines
- Supplies that were left in walkways made it challenging to maneuver in the cramped space
- Paper napkins, straw wrapped, receipts, or other paper that is left littering the floor
While these hazards all appear to be very mundane when you read the list, the results can be catastrophic. For example, many Applebee’s customers have suffered life-altering injuries simply because the staff at Applebee’s failed to provide the housekeeping and effort needed to keep the space safe for guests.
Did You Know Applebee’s Is Obligated To Provide A Safe Environment?
Unless you enjoy dry reading and law books, you might never have heard the term duty of care. However, it will become very familiar to you after suffering an Applebee’s slip and fall injury accident. In fact, it could be the reason you are able to file an Applebee’s slip and fall accident injury lawsuit to seek compensation for your injuries.
Duty of care explains the responsibility business owners have to keep their place of business in good condition and free of basic safety hazards. The level of care required is equal to what the average person would provide. So imagine you see water on the floor in your home. Your first thought is to mop up the water to avoid a slip and fall accident. That is also what most people would do and what you should expect the staff at Applebee’s to do if they see water on the floor.
If the Applebee’s staff do not mop up water spilled on the floor or properly eliminate other safety hazards, they could be in breach of duty of care. And when that breach or negligence causes an injury accident, the restaurant could be liable for the victim’s expenses. Duty of care sounds like a simple concept, but it is also one that is often overlooked by many of the employees working at Applebee’s and other restaurants across the country.
What Is The Value Of An Applebee’s Slip And Fall Accident Injury Lawsuit?
The staff at DTLA Law Group is eager to assist you in determining the value of your lawsuit. Typically, you provide the details of the expenses you have incurred and the losses due to your injuries to calculate the majority of the claim’s value. The primary categories for the costs include:
- Your medical bills related to the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of any injuries from the slip and fall, as well as medications and essential medical devices
- The value of any personal items that were damaged or destroyed in the fall, such as a cell phone or other devices, jewelry, or items of clothing
- Legal fees for representation and preparation of your Applebee’s slip and fall accident injury lawsuit
- Your lost wages if the injuries you suffered prevented you from working while you healed
You can speak to your Applebee’s slip and fall accident injury lawyer to determine if adding an amount to compensate you for your pain and suffering is appropriate. This amount is common when injuries are severe and the recovery time is lengthy.
Some Common And Severe Applebee’s Slip And Fall Injuries
Of course, any time you suffer a slip and fall incident, you hope that the injuries will be minor. However, many Applebee’s slip and fall injury victims face significant pain and a lengthy recovery due to the serious injuries when suffer, such as:
- Broken or fractured bones or dislocated joints
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds can result in damage to internal organs and internal bleeding
- Damage to the neck, back, or spinal cord that results in a lack of mobility and long-term medical care
- Facial injuries can include damage to the mouth, teeth, nose, eyes, ears, or skin
- Soft tissue injuries, including nerve damage that could result in permanent loss of mobility or physical capability
- Head injuries ranging from skull fractures or a concussion to traumatic brain injuries such as a brain hemorrhage or brain contusion
Suffering any of these injuries could result in a lifetime of pain and limitations, costly medical bills, and a decrease in quality of life. In addition, many Applebee’s personal injury victims also face challenges, including anxiety, increased stress, and depression due to the injuries and their impact on their life. And in most cases, the entire painful event could have been prevented if an Applebee’s employee had taken a moment or two to eliminate the slip and fall risk that caused the customer’s incident.
When To File Your Applebee’s Slip And Fall Injury Claim
You have two years from the date of the slip and fall incident at Applebee’s to file a lawsuit against the company. If you wait longer, the Statute of Limitations will expire in most cases, and you will forfeit the right to seek compensation for the incident. However, you can contact DTLA Law Group immediately after the accident to ensure your case is filed as quickly as possible. Many personal injury victims face substantial financial challenges, and getting the compensation they need from Applebee’s is the best way to eliminate that added stress and concern.
No Upfront Legal Fees For Your Applebee’s Slip And Fall Injury Accident Lawsuit
Paying upfront for legal services to help you get the settlement or verdict you need from Applebee’s is counterintuitive. If you had extra money, the lawsuit would not be such a pressing concern for you. And the staff at DTLA Law Group understands this hardship. So our policy is never to get paid until we deliver the compensation our clients need to cover their medical and legal expenses and other bills related to their injuries. Our goal is always to help our clients recover from their injuries and challenges, never to add to their stress and complications.
So don’t hesitate to get in touch with DTLA Law Group today to learn more about your rights and how to secure the compensation you deserve with an Applebee’s slip and fall accident injury lawsuit. The consultation is free, and you are never obligated to hire our firm or pursue legal action. Instead, our priority is to ensure that you know your rights and how to protect them should you have suffered harm due to someone else’s negligence.