A recall has been issued for the MYX I, MYX II and MYX II Plus Connected Exercise Bicycles by Myx. The pedal on these bikes may loosen and fall off when they are not properly tightened during the installation process. This can cause the user to fall off the bike and injure themselves. The bikes were sold in black or white and measure 55 inches long, 47 inches high and 21 inches wide.
The company has received 864 reports of the pedals detaching; 75 of these incidents caused injury to the consumer. Myx is emailing all known customers about the recall, but you can also contact the company directly to schedule an in-home repair service to tighten the bike pedals. As someone that has been injured on one of these exercise bikes, you may be wondering about your rights and legal options. Our accident injury lawyers are available to answer your questions and help you obtain compensation from the manufacturer. Contact DTLA Law Group to schedule a free case review.
Injuries You can Sustain
Falling off a bike can cause serious damage to your body. Even if you don’t fall off completely, you can still end up hitting a part of the bike with your head or another part of your body. The blunt force trauma can result in various injuries, such as:
Steps to Take if You’ve been Harmed by a Defective Exercise Bike
- Cuts and bruises
- Sprain or strain in the hands, wrists, feet, and ankles
- Joint dislocation
- Broken nose
- Dental damage – chipped or missing teeth
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back injury
- Chronic pain
From the moment that you are injured, it’s essential to document your injuries and gather the necessary evidence to prove a case for monetary compensation. Here are the steps we recommend after an accident involving a recalled product:
- Document the harm you’ve suffered by taking photos of the accident scene and the injuries you’ve sustained.
- If applicable, obtain contact information from any witnesses that saw your accident.
- Get medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible. Keep in mind that you will need medical records to proceed with a defective product injury case.
- Let the manufacturer know about your accident and the injuries you’ve suffered. Do not agree to give a recorded statement or to have the bike pedal repaired by Myx.
- Keep all evidence in a safe place, which may include medical bills, proof of missed wages at work, witness statements, and the clothes and shoes you were wearing when you had your accident.
- Contact an experienced recall lawyer that can advise you of your legal rights.
Can I File a Class Action Lawsuit with Other Injury Victims?
Yes, you can participate in a class action claim with others who have suffered injuries similar to yours. Mass torts are another option you can explore, which is filed by victims that have different injuries that were caused by the same product. It’s important to get a sense of all your available legal options so that you can make the best decision for yourself and your loved ones. A class action lawyer here at DTLA Law Group will be happy to advise you of the legal process during a free case review.
Free Legal Services for Accident Victims
Our law firm offers a Zero Fee Guarantee to anyone that’s been injured by a defective product, so you can hire one of our lawyers at no upfront cost. Our attorneys have decades of experience representing injury victims and know what it takes to secure the highest possible settlement in these cases. Our bills are paid by the manufacturer once we recover your settlement award. If we don’t win your case, you won’t pay for a single penny of our expenses, because we don’t believe in getting paid unless you get paid.
You have nothing to lose by taking a moment to contact us and scheduling a free case evaluation. We look forward to advising you of your rights and fighting for the compensation you are entitled to for a defective exercise bicycle accident.