Truck Accident InformationTruck accidents happen for many reasons. Some cases involve other vehicles on the road who do not give trucks the respect they deserve and try to pass them or change lanes when the truck is doing so. In other cases, though, truck drivers are simply too careless in their actions. Some examples of how truck drivers get involved in accidents can be found below.
- Driver fatigue after driving for more than 8 hours
- Driving while drunk or under the influence of other substances
- Turning without signaling
- Heavy fog or rain that impedes vision
- Vehicle defects, like broken brake lanes and improperly filled tires
- Hitch trouble that cause tractors to detach
- Load troubles, such as uncovered loads, excessively filled loads, lack of warning signs on wide loads, and more
- Improper weight distribution of the contents of a trailer, which can cause fishtailing and tipping over
- Ignoring right of way laws
- Running stop signs and red lights
Proving Negligence of a Truck DriverIn order to prove that a truck driver was negligent, you must show that he had a duty of care that he breached, which then caused an accident that resulted in your injuries. If you were not physically injured in the accident, you will not be able to file a personal injury claim and you will only be able to pursue certain damages, such as to your vehicle. You can hold the company liable if they deemed it acceptable for the truck driver to drive over the allotted time or if they did not provide him with a working truck. Further, if the truck driver has a history of reckless driving yet he was employed without any problem by the company, the business could also be found negligent. A lawyer that can sue Hallmark Insurance Company for a truck accident injury can help you prove the liability of the driver and the company.
Restitution from a Truck AccidentIf you have been injured in a truck accident, you should be aware that you can receive ample compensation for your injuries and damages. The truck driver, the company that employs him, and the insurance company representing the business should share responsibility, and the liable party should pay out what’s necessary. We will fight to secure you the coverage you need and strive to make sure you do not have to pay for any excessive expenses. We’ll bring you compensation for the following:
- Medical bills from the past and future, including surgery costs, hospitalization, anesthesia, ambulatory transportation, physical therapy, and more
- Lost wages from the past and future for time you missed at work due to your injuries, medical procedures, or recovery time
- Property damage and reimbursement or replacement for your car, personal items, electronics, and other belongings that were damaged, lost, or broken in the accident
- Pain and suffering damages covering PTSD, anxiety, emotional trauma, fear, psychological scarring, and more
- Punitive damages if the defendant were especially negligent or intentionally tried to harm you; these damages are hard to win, though, and only a skilled lawyer for Hallmark Insurance Company truck accident claims will be able to secure them for you
- Wrongful death expenses if a loved one or family member passed away, including funeral and burial expenses, loss of consortium, loss of expected earnings and inheritance, pre-death medical bills, pre-death pain and suffering, and more
Sample Settlements and VerdictsMany individuals call us and ask about the potential value of their claims. In truth, the worth of a claim is not fully realized until an insurance agent makes and offer. He will consider the extent of your injuries, the impact they had on your career, and the degree of negligence; all of this will be used to come up with an offer. Once the offer has been made, an injury lawyer for truck accident claim against Hallmark Insurance Company will negotiate a better deal. We have provided some sample claims for you to understand how much some truck accident lawsuits are worth. These showcase what other people have won. If you have similar circumstances or injuries, it can show what your case may potentially be worth, but not what you will definitely earn.
- $550,000 Verdict: A delivery truck driver turned in front of oncoming traffic, causing two cars to collide. One of the men required extensive physical therapy for neck damage, which resulted in long-lasting injuries that would require consistent chiropractic treatment and pain medication. He was unable to continue working after the accident.
- $2,500,000 Settlement: A man was working on the freeway when a tractor trailer crashed into him after losing control in a curve. The truck slammed into the man’s vehicle and caused him to suffer neck damages and a subsequent surgery. As a result of the surgery, he was not fit to continue working at his job, and needed disability to survive thereafter.
- $1,900,000 Settlement: A woman was crossing the street when a truck driver turned right without paying attention to the crosswalk. He struck her as she walked and subsequently dragged her down the road while she was stuck underneath the vehicle. She required surgery to amputate her leg, which was damaged beyond the point of saving from the incident.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.
Time Limit to File a Claim in CaliforniaTruck accident lawsuits are a type of personal injury claim, and thus, you only have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit. If you wait too long to take legal action, you will be barred from pursuing and receiving compensation, and you will not have your expenses covered. This is why it is extremely important that you sue as quickly as possible – the longer you wait, the more likely it is that you will lose track of time. Additionally, lawsuits are prevented from being filed so late because of how easily evidence can become corrupt or lost. The chances of witnesses’ memories becoming murky or key pictures going missing are too high. You should sue while you have a clear mind and everything is fresh from the sources. There are chances for the statute to be temporarily suspended. If you were underage, mentally or physically incapable of filing a claim, or if the defendant left the state for a period of time, the statute of limitations could be put on hold until you turn 18, return to health, or the defendant returns. To determine how much time you have, talk with one of our lawyers with experience in truck accident cases against Hallmark Insurance Company.
Our Lawyers Speak SpanishCall our firm today to speak with a Spanish speaking truck accident attorney who can help you file your claim against Hallmark. We know that many people choose to not pursue any legal action because they are not sure if they can win due to their language barrier, or they may not understand everything that is required of them. Our firm believes that everyone is entitled to legal help regardless of the language he speaks, and thus, we will always be sure to provide you with ample translation. You will never be left in the dark or not understand the nuances of your claim when you come to our legal group. The best attorney for Hallmark Insurance Company truck accident claims can be found at our firm, and we can help all Spanish speaking victims.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form to get started now.