Farmers Market Slip and Fall Lawyer – Accident Injury Lawsuit Los Angeles County
Most people shop exclusively at Farmers Markets while others shop there only a once a month or even less. Farmers Markets allow access to a number of products that would normally not be available through traditional stores. Unfortunately, though, farmers markets can potentially be dangerous for anyone who sets foot in them.
Were you or a member of your family injured in an incident on the premises of a farmers market? If so, you might have grounds to file a lawsuit. If you are interested in learning more about your right to file a farmers market injury lawsuit, do not hesitate to contact the experts at our firm immediately. Our lawyers are ready to evaluate your claim and provide you with the guidance that you need to win.
At Downtown L.A. Law Group, our personal injury lawyers are ready to evaluate your claim and fight for your right to recover the highest amount of compensation for your injury claim. Our lawyers have many years of experience handling all sorts of claims. They will evaluate your claim and provide you with the guidance that you need to win what you are owed.
If you would like to discuss your claim with our lawyers, contact us today.
Farmers Market Locations in Los Angeles
Some of the popular locations of farmers markets in Los Angeles include the following:
- 1146 Logan St Echo Park Farmers’ Market
- Adams & Vermont Certified Farmers’ Market (Adams just west of Vermont)
- Atwater Village Farmers’ Market (3528 Larga Ave)
- Bank of America Farmers Market (333 S Hope St)
- Central Avenue Farmers’ Market (4301 S Central Ave)
- Crenshaw Farmers’ Market (3650 W MLK Jr Blvd)
- East Hollywood Certified Farmers Market (Hollywood Blvd & Western Ave)
- Farmer’s Market (UCLA Bruin Plaza-UCLA Campus, 308 Westwood Plaza)
- Figueroa at 7th Farmers Market (735 S Figueroa St)
- Historic Downtown LA Farmers’ Market (Fifth St & S Spring St in DTLA)
- Hollywood Farmers Market (1600 N Ivar Ave)
- Howard Hughes / Playa District Farmers Market (6080 Center Dr)
- Kaiser WLA Farmers Market (6041 Cadillac Ave)
- L.A. City Hall Certified Farmers Market (201 N Main St)
- Larchmont Village Farmers (209 N Larchmont Blvd Lot #694)
- Mar Vista Farmers’ Market (Grandview @ Venice Blvd)
- Melrose Place Farmers Market (8400 Melrose Ave)
- Miracle Mile Farmers Market (5700 Wilshire Blvd)
- MLK Campus Farmers’ Market (1670 E 120th St)
- Pershing Square Farmers Market (532 S Olive St DTLA)
- Playa Vista Farmers’ Market (12775 W Millennium Dr)
- Silver Lake Certified Farmers Market (1500 Griffith Park Blvd)
- USC Farmers Market (43158 S Figueroa St)
- Wellington Square Certified Farmers Market (4394 W Washington Blvd)
- West L.A. Farmers’ Market (1600 Purdue Ave)
- Westwood Village Farmers’ Market (1030 Broxton Ave)
There are just the certified farmers markets in the area. There are many other farmers markets around in addition to the ones listed above.
Slip and fall Accident
Types of Incidents that Could Occur at Farmers Markets
There are many types of incidents that could occur on the premises of farmers markets. Some of the potential incidents that could occur include the following:
- Dog bite incidents
- Falling object incidents
- Burn incidents
- Trip and fall incidents
- Slip and fall incidents
- Assault (including assault and batter as well sexual assault)
- Car accidents (specifically in parking lots)
All of these incidents can occur due to different hazards or dangerous conditions on the premises. For instance, the risk of dog bite incidents is present anywhere where dogs are allowed; therefore, if those operating the farmers market allow dogs to enter, they could take on the risk of incidents. Falling object incidents are associated with elevated hazards, like anything on the ceiling, walls, or shelves that is improperly installed or placed. Burn incidents can be associated with the negligence of vendors, serving hot items in plates or cups that are not meant to be used with hot items or even serving items that are too hot. Trip and fall accidents and slip and fall incidents are associated with different types of hazards on the floor throughout the premises. Assault and battery as well as sexual assault can be associated with the lack of security/surveillance among other dangerous conditions. Car accidents typically occur in parking lots; they can be associated with missing, misplaced, or unclear signs.
Regardless of the type of incident that occurs, affected parties can potentially sustain a number of injuries. Some of the injuries associated with these personal injury accidents include the following: head injuries; traumatic brain injuries; neck injuries; back injuries; shoulder injuries; spinal cord injuries; fractures; hip injuries; pelvic injuries; knee injuries; lacerations; ligament injuries; nerve injuries; muscle injuries; burn injuries; internal bleeding; among others. If you or a member of your family suffered any sort of injuries in a farmers market incident, you could be eligible to file an injury claim. You should seek legal assistance as soon as possible to learn more about your right to sue.
Can You Sue?
Do you have the right to sue if you or a member of your family suffered a personal injury accident at a farmers market? Yes, you could sue; however, establishing liability and determining who you should sue could be complicated.
In general, the right to sue after a personal injury accident at a store, for instance, is based on premise liability. Based on premise liability, property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe for their guests. The issue lies in the fact that property owners rent their property out to organizers, or the people responsible for the farmers market. Property owners require that farmers market organizers carry insurance; in turn, farmers markets might require that their vendors are also insured. Therefore, liability will likely never fall onto the property owner (unless there are special circumstances), but rather it falls onto the farmers market organizer or the vendor.
So, yes – you could sue. If you are interested in learning more about your right to sue for the harm resulting from a farmers market incident, do not hesitate to contact the experts at our firm as soon as possible.
Can You Recover Compensation?
If you file a lawsuit for the harm resulting from the incident, you could be eligible to recover monetary compensation. What could you recover? Based on the details surrounding your claim, you could be eligible to receive compensation for some of the following:
- Medical costs
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
- Legal fees
How much could you recover? The specific type and amount of compensation that you could be entitled to receive will always depend on very specific case details. Therefore, claimants should discuss their claims with an experienced farmers market attorney to learn more about their potential recovery. At our firm, our lawyers are ready to aggressively fight for your right to recover the highest amount of compensation available for your injury lawsuit. Contact us today to learn more.
How to Prepare to Sue
To prepare to file a claim after suffering an injury at a farmers’ market, victims and their families should do the following:
Contact Downtown L.A. Law Group Today
- Take photos of all injuries caused by the incident
- Take photos of the hazard that caused or contributed to the incident
- Take photos of the whole scene of the incident
- Seek medical attention for your injuries
- File an accident report with the vendor, the organizer, or the property owner (request a copy of your report)
- File an incident report with the local authorities (in the case of assault)
- Speak to witnesses and collect their contact information for later reference
- Gather surveillance footage that captured your incident
- Collect all relevant medical records, records of lost wages, and records of property damage
- Seek legal assistance immediately
Would you like to discuss your farmers market slip and fall incident (or any other type of incident) with the experts at our firm? If so, do not hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience. At our firm, our personal injury lawyers have many years of experience handling all sorts of injury claims, including those brought forward after incidents at farmers markets, for instance. Our lawyers are ready to evaluate your claim and provide you with the guidance that you need to win. If you are ready to discuss your claim with our experts, contact us today.
We offer free legal services, which include both free consultations and free second opinions. During these free legal services, our lawyers will answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide you with the guidance that you need to either start your claim or continue your claim after starting it elsewhere. Are you interested in benefiting from the free legal services offered by our firm? If so, contact us immediately.
Our Zero-Fee guarantee ensures that our clients will not be required to pay any upfront legal fees for any of our legal services. Our firm is also based on contingency; therefore, our clients will not be required to pay any legal fees until after reaching a successful claim outcome. If your claim is not successful, you will not have to pay anything.
Contact us today to learn more about your right to sue for a farmers market incident.