Personal injury lawsuits can be filed in almost any situation that results in your harm if you were injured because of another entity’s mistake
. These claims allow you to recover financial compensation for different expenses stemming from the accident. The lawsuits do not result in additional punishments like jail time or community service. If you were hurt in an incident, it is in your best interest to file a claim against the responsible party
with the help of one of our Yorba Linda personal injury attorneys
. Our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group
, can provide you with a qualified team of lawyers to litigate your case and ensure that you are given the fairest treatment available.
Types Of Personal Injury Lawsuits
You can file a personal injury lawsuit
for various reasons depending on how you were injured. Yu can also sue companies and anyone else who played a part in your incident. To file a claim, you must show that you were a victim of negligence and that the person responsible owed you a duty of care of some kind.
Our team of expert lawyer can handle any personal injury claim for you. We have won million of dollars for our clients in the following areas:
- Car accidents: By far the most common personal injury claim. These accidents can happen due to driver negligence and can be extremely severe. You may also e involved in any type of accident involving a motor vehicle, whether truck accidents, bicycle crashes, bus crashes, scooter accidents, bicycle crashes, pedestrian accidents, and more. Whether you were bumped from behind in a parking lot or a victim of a hit and run in your neighborhood, you can come to our firm for top notch representation.
- Dog bites: In California, dog owners are strictly liable for the actions of their pets; there is no one-bite rule that allows the dogs an opportunity to escape with no repercussions.
- Medical malpractice: A medical malpractice claim can only be filed if you were hurt by a nurse or doctor while on hospital property or while you were involved in a doctor/patient relationship. Medical malpractice claims have a cap of $250,000 on pain and suffering damages.
- Premises liability: Property owners must take care to not have any hazards present on their properties that can damage visitors. Slip and falls on sidewalks or in grocery stores and restaurants are the most common premises liability claims.
- Product liability: If you purchased a product and the item was defective or malfunctioned in some way, you could take legal action against the company that created and distributed it.
- Assault and battery: Assault may include verbal abuse and threats, while battery includes the actual physical violence. Sometimes, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against a party that did nothing to prevent the assault or allowed it to happen, such as a bar that continued to serve an obviously inebriated and aggressive individual.
- Bed bug infestations: Apartments and hotels may have bed bugs inside of them which could have been introduced by landlords or other tenants. These quarters must be safe and free from filth and vermin according to the law, and you could have the extermination fees and other costs covered.
If you are unsure if you have the foundation for a personal injury claim
, feel free to contact
our Yorba Linda personal injury lawyers
. We will examine your circumstances and tell you if we feel you have a worthwhile case against the responsible party.
Injuries from Accidents
It is not uncommon for accidents to result in many different kinds of injuries, some of which could have a permanent effect on you. The extent of your injuries will be the primary factor in determining the value of your case, and you should be sure to get medical help at once if you were hurt in an accident.
We have seen various types of injuries stem from incidents, including:
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Torn muscles
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Hip damage
- Bug bites
- Allergic reactions
- Severed limbs and digits
- Wrongful operation
- Internal organ damage
- Herniated and slipped discs
- Knee injuries to the ACL, MCL, and LCL
- Facial damages
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
The insurance agent will look at your injuries, their severity, and how much of an impact they had on your life and career when he makes an offer. He will also consider the level of negligence you had in the accident. If you were severely hurt but greatly contributed to the accident, your settlement offer may be very low.
Our personal injury attorneys in Yorba Linda
will do all we can to negotiate the fairest settlement from the insurance agent.
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
Steps To Take After An Accident
Every accident has certain unique steps that you can take to ensure that you have the best chance of success with your claim. For example, it is important that you file an incident report if your accident happened at a company, but you won’t need to file one against a civilian in a car accident. You should take the same basic steps no matter what, though. They are as follows:
- Get medical attention immediately to ensure that you are not severely injured
- Do not wait too long to go to the doctor or the insurance agent can claim that you were hurt in another incident or that you were not seriously hurt
- Take photos of your injuries, the damage to your belongings, the environment or scene of the accident, and more
- Request copies of surveillance footage, security video, and dashboard camera clips from nearby sources
- Interview witnesses and bystanders who saw the event so you can record their statements and testimonies
- Collect the contact information, insurance details, and any other identifying info from the party responsible for the accident
Lastly, you should reach out to a qualified personal injury attorney in Yorba Linda to handle your claim for you. You could be left greatly injured and unable to adequately take legal action by yourself. The stress of the claim could hamper your ability to recover and you may not have the ability to go to an office or even gather necessary evidence. Our lawyers can see to the specifics of your case and complete all the legwork while you focus on recovering and healing.
Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims
If you wish to file a personal injury claim in California
, you have 2 years from the date of the injury to do so. This is to prevent claims from being filed years after the incidents, which could be unfair for both parties. The plaintiff may not have enough evidence left and the defendant may not even have the funds to pay off the expenses.
However, there are some instances in which there is more or less than the 2-year limit. These situations include:
- Claims against the government, which must be filed within 6 months
- Minors who were in accidents, who can only sue after turning 18
- Individuals left physically or mentally incapacitated, who can wait until they return to functioning health before they sue
- Medical malpractice cases, which must be filed 1 year after the discovery of the injury or 3 years after the injury itself, unless there was a foreign object left in the body – in which case there is no statute of limitations
– How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth
To ensure that you have the correct time frame for your lawsuit and you do not miss any deadlines, call (888) 649-7166
to speak with our personal injury lawyers in Yorba Linda
. We will file your claim on your behalf and not miss any important or necessary dates.
Restitution From Your Claim
Our lawyers will strive to bring you the maximum compensation available under the law. You should not be expected to pay off the various debts and expenses that likely racked up after you were hurt. The responsible party should be held accountable and cover all your damages, including:
- Medical bills from the past and future for surgery, medication, physical therapy, hospitalization, and more
- Lost wages from the past and future for loss of benefits, promotion, and more
- Property damage to any personal items or belongings that were lost or damaged in the incident
- Restructuring or remodeling of your home if you needed additional changes because of your injuries
- Extermination costs
- Pain and suffering for fear, anxiety, PTSD, emotional trauma, and more
- Punitive damages, which are handed out when the defendant acted with gross negligence or intended to harm you, but these additional forms of monetary compensation are only handed out in rare instances to replace jail time, so many judges and juries are hesitant to award them
- Wrongful death damages if a family member or loved one died in the incident, including funeral fees, pre-death medical bills and pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of inheritance and savings, and more
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
You should not walk away from your personal injury lawsuit
without ample restitution. Let our team of personal injury attorneys in Yorba Linda
win you every penny you deserve.
The Best Firm Available
The Downtown LA Law Group
is one of the most highly rated law firms in the area. We have a team of expert attorneys who have been practicing personal injury law for decades, and our track record speaks for itself. We are aggressive and relentless when it comes to pursuing your rightful damages, and we will not give up until we are satisfied with the result. We are willing to go to court if necessary.
Reach out to our firm
for a free legal consultation to discuss your case
. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You are encouraged to ask questions about your claim and we will tell you what we believe your lawsuit is worth. If you wish to hire us, we will give you our zero fee guarantee
. This states that you won’t pay any out of pocket expenses for our help. We won’t get paid unless and until we win, and if we lose, we do not get paid at all. You won’t spend a cent of your own money, win or lose.