If you are injured in an accident, you should consider taking legal action for compensation for your damages. There are many different ways that you can get hurt, and a s a result, there are many ways that you can sue. Personal injury lawsuits
can be filed if you were physically hurt because of another individual’s negligence. These cases are meant to receive monetary compensation from the responsible party. Civil law is different from criminal law in that criminal cases can result in jail time, and thus require a much higher level of proof. If you have been hurt and wish to simply pursue coverage for your damages, call (888) 649-7166
to speak with a Woodland personal injury lawyers
at the Downtown LA Law Group
. We will gladly go over your case and tell you what kind of claim you should file. We are willing to represent you from start to finish and will do everything in our power to win you the maximum settlement available under the law.
Areas of Personal Injury We Serve
It is important that you take proper legal action depending on your accident. You will only be able to file a certain type of personal injury lawsuit
– for example, you cannot file a medical malpractice claim against your landlord if you discovered bed bugs there when you moved in. Each type of claim has its own specific nuances and laws governing it, so you should always make sure to proceed with the correct legal route. Our team of attorneys will gladly help you file the correct claim and ensure that you are well on your way to receive the compensation you deserve.
We serve the following areas and many more:
- Auto accidents, including truck accidents, car crashes, bus accidents, motorcycle crashes, and more. These are the most common forms of accidents and you can generally prove negligence with the help of a lawyer.
- Pedestrian, bicycle, and scooter accidents. There are certain laws that govern where these individuals can be; for example, they are not permitted on the highway, and they have the right of way in some intersections.
- Dog bites from unleashed dogs or dogs that have snapped. Dog owners are strictly liable for the actions of their pets, and there is no one-bite rule in California. If a dog bites someone, the owner will be held completely accountable.
- Bed bug infestations in apartments and hotels that are caused due to the lack of cleanliness or care by the property manager or cleaning staff. Property owners must make sure that living quarters are free from filth and are inhabitable by tenants.
- Premises liability accidents, including slip and falls, dangerous tree branches, defective building parts, and more. You must show that the property owner knew about the issue and chose to do nothing about it, caused the problem, or should have reasonably known about it if he did not have any awareness. You also may be given different rights if you are an invitee, licensee, or trespasser.
- Product liability cases, or accidents involving items you purchased that malfunctioned or broke and caused injuries. There may have been a design error, manufacturing defect, or lack of warnings or hazards on the item.
- Medical malpractice incidents involving a doctor or nurse at a healthcare facility, hospital, or other center. All medical malpractice cases must have an established doctor/patient relationship.
- Assault and battery from another individual. Assault can be verbal threats, while battery is the physical component that accompanies it.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form or call (888) 649-7166 today.
If you have been hurt in such an incident, you should take legal action with the help of our Woodland personal injury attorneys. We will do all we can to litigate your claim and prove that your rights were violated by another party. You should not be expected to cover the expenses from the accident if another party caused them.
How To File A Personal Injury Lawsuit
In order to file a personal injury lawsuit, you must establish that you were the victim of negligence. There are four points that must be shown to be true:
- The responsible party owed you a duty of care
- The duty of care was breached in some manner
- The breach of duty resulted in an accident
- The accident led to physical injuries
If you were not actually hurt in the incident, you won’t be able to pursue compensation for injuries or certain other expenses. Instead, you would likely only be able to get the estimate of wages you lost and the cost to reimburse you for damaged property. These fees could be presented to the insurance agent, who is more likely to negotiate with you if the requested sum of money is small. You may not even need an attorney to proceed.
However, in almost every other instance, it is in your best interest to hire an expert lawyer who can handle your case for you. You will need someone with high level negotiation skills and an expansive awareness of the legal system. After an incident, you may be left severely hurt or not capable of suing. By choosing one of our personal injury lawyers in Woodland to represent you, you will be able to spend ample time recovering and focusing on returning to your normal daily life.
Evidence For Your Claim
The most effective lawsuits have ample evidence showing who was at fault and what the consequences of the actions were. You should do all you can to gather evidence at the scene of the accident. If you were immediately taken to the hospital, you could try to get your proof afterward, but it may be more difficult.
Some evidence listed below may not be pertinent to your specific case, but it does include:
- Proof of medical help, hospital bills, paramedic notes, and more
- Pictures of your injuries, the scene of the incident, the damage to your belongings, and more
- Eyewitness or bystander testimonies and statements
- Copy of the police report
- Lease or rental agreement
- Proof of purchase or receipts and other documents showing a transaction
- Screenshots of messages, agreements, transactions, and more
- Surveillance video, security camera footage, dash cam clips, and more
- A copy of the incident report with the company
- The defective item itself
- Contact information and insurance details of the responsible party
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
Once you have gathered all of your evidence, you are ready to submit it to the insurance company. Get in touch with our lawyers so we can craft a demand letter for you and send the evidence package to the insurance agent. The agent will likely take about 2 weeks to go through everything before he makes an offer. This offer is usually small at first and will not include various expenses.
It will be our responsibility to negotiate the fairest deal for you. You will not have to lift a finger from start to finish for your case. Our personal injury attorneys in Woodland can handle everything for you.
Personal Injury Lawsuit Compensation
As a victim in an accident, you should be fairly compensated for your injuries and damages. It is wrong for you to have to pay for your own expenses if they were caused by another party. Our team of lawyers will work to win you the following damages:
- Medical expenses from the past and future
- Lost income from the past and future
- Property damage
- Secondary fees
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death expenses
We will not give up until you are given what you deserve. We know that it can be hard to net pain and suffering damages and punitive damages, given how insurance agents view these costs. We also want to make sure that you and your family are able to move forward if a loved on died in the accident; you should not have to add the stress of paying for their expenses to the pile.
Our lawyers are among the best in the field, and we know the most successful routes to success. Call (888) 649-7166
to speak with a Woodland personal injury lawyer
today for more assistance.
Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims
It is important to understand the amount of time you have to file a claim in California. You only have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit; if you do not pursue legal action in that time, you won’t be able to get compensation in the future.
However, there are some exceptions and differences for the statute of limitations. A few have been outlined below:
- Defendant leaves the state: Statute is extended to match the time he was away.
- Plaintiff was left physically or mentally incapacitated and unable to pursue or fulfill legal obligations: Statute is suspended until plaintiff returns to functioning health or presence of mind.
- Plaintiff was a minor: Statute is put on hold until plaintiff turns 18 years old.
- Medical malpractice lawsuits: Statute is 1 year from the discovery of the injury or 3 years from the injury itself; claims involving foreign objects left in the body have no statute.
- Claims against the government: Statute is 6 months from the date of the injury.
Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative and schedule a free case review.
These many different statutes can confuse you; you may not know if you are eligible for an exception or when the exact date is for your claim’s deadline. Our team of personal injury attorneys in Woodland will be able to file your claim on time and ensure that you miss no deadlines at all. We are punctual and you do not have to worry about missing the opportunity to sue.
DTLA Law Group: The Best in Town
The Downtown LA Law Group is one of the most highly rated firms around. We have numerous success stories and we have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. We are aggressive and will make certain that the insurance agent makes you a worthwhile offer. We will also help you receive the medical assistance you need and will ensure you are safe and recovering after an accident.
Reach out to our firm for a free legal consultation. We are available around the clock – you can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will gladly discuss your case with you and tell you what we believe we can win. If you want to hire us, we will give you our zero fee guarantee. This is a promise that our firm will not request any payment from you at all throughout the case. We will only get paid if we win, and if we do not success, we won’t get paid by any party. Your finances will always remain untouched throughout the case.
For the best representation available, call our Woodland personal injury lawyers> at the Downtown LA Law Group.