Pomona Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
How Do Pedestrian Accidents Happen?Pedestrian accidents happen for many reasons, some of which are entirely avoidable. Because of the speed differential between people and cars, it is generally up to the driver to constantly be on the lookout for any pedestrians who may be crossing the street or who may be in danger. People cannot accurately gauge the speed of oncoming cars, and they may think that they can beat them out while crossing. They may even think that they are safe if they are in the street and near parked cars or the curb. Unfortunately, this is not the case, and many accidents happen due to the combined negligence of pedestrians and drivers. Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents in Pomona include:
- Lack of bright clothing: At nighttime, pedestrians may be very difficult to see, especially if they are not wearing bright clothing. Pedestrians can exit their cars and aim to cross the street only to be hit by a car due to their relative invisibility. Some drivers may simply not see pedestrians if they are dressed in a way that blends them in with the background or surroundings.
- Intoxication: Intoxication or inebriation is one of the leading causes of accidents on the road, and both drivers and pedestrians can be negligent with their intake levels. Drivers, of course, should never operate a vehicle while drunk, as their reflexes and awareness are both drastically reduced. They may also fall asleep at the wheel or not pay attention. Pedestrians, though, may fall in the street, trip, pass out in compromising locations, and make poor choices while walking, which can lead to them being hit by a car or stumbling into traffic.
- Reckless driving: Drivers may speed, ignore the right of way of pedestrians in crosswalks, drive too close to the curb, go too fast in parking lots or structures, text while driving, and much more. It is often due to driver negligence that many pedestrians are struck.
- Defective sidewalks: Pedestrians can easily trip and fall on broken sidewalks, but the results can be devastating if the fall results in landing near passing vehicles or driveways. The liability could very well be placed on the business or homeowner who was responsible for maintaining the sidewalk, or it could be placed on the city.
- Defective crosswalk signals: One of the most problematic issues pedestrians face is defective crosswalk signals. These signals may indicate that it is legal to cross but the opposing traffic can still proceed through the intersection. This can result in pedestrians going their own way while cars travel through without expecting anyone to be in the crosswalk.
- Parking lots
- Parking garages
- Residential streets
- Private warehouses
- Car washes
- Rental car agencies
- Bus stops and public transportation spots
What Are Some Pedestrian Accident Injuries?Because pedestrians are not nearly as protected as those in vehicles, the injuries they can receive are correspondingly huger. In cars, passengers are protected by the vehicle itself, ample materials, airbags, seatbelts, and more. Pedestrians, though, have nothing at all that can reduce impact and mitigate damage. Thus, even accidents occurring at less than 15 mph can cause devastating bodily damage. Some examples include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Collarbone damage
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Herniated discs
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding and hemorrhage
- Sprains and dislocations
- Fractured bones
- Torn muscles
- Permanent nerve damage
- Knee and hip damage
- Severed limbs
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (855) 339-8879.
- Chino Personal Injury Attorneys, CA
- Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
- Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
- Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
- Anaheim personal injury lawyers
- Compton car accident attorneys
- Baldwin Park car accident attorneys
- Bellflower Car Accident Lawyers
- Anaheim Car Accident Lawyers
- San Bernardino Truck Accident Lawyers
- Pomona Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Glendale car accident lawyers
What Are The Rates Of Pedestrian Accidents?Each year, over 5,000 pedestrians are killed in accidents, while over 65,000 more are wounded or injured. The numbers are more prevalent in areas with many pedestrians. The number is especially alarming when you consider that pedestrian deaths are responsible for 15% of total fatalities from traffic accidents. This is a number that can be greatly reduced if more attention is paid by drivers and pedestrians alike. In a ten-year period, the percent of pedestrian deaths skyrocketed 27 percent (2007-2016). Even though the rates of fatalities from crashes have diminished due to increased safety features and stricter regulations, pedestrians do not benefit as much from these changes, except in cases where cameras and sensors can stop vehicles from crashing. As more and more individuals turn to other modes of transportation, such as rideshare vehicles, scooters, and public means, there is hope that the rates will decrease. You can talk to one of our attorneys for more assistance if you are one of the individuals who has been hurt in a pedestrian accident in Pomona.
How Can I Sue For A Pedestrian Accident?If you wish to sue for a pedestrian accident, you must be able to show that a party was negligent in some way. The four points of negligence are as follows:
- You were owed a duty of acre
- The duty of care was breached
- The breach led to an accident
- The accident resulted in physical harm
What Should I Do After I Get Into A Pedestrian Accident?If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident, it’s important that you take these steps to ensure that you’re protected and safe.
- Get to a safe place
- Contact the paramedics
- Take pictures of your injuries
- Photograph the vehicle or defective surrounding
- Take down the personal details and insurance information from the driver or get other information from the business or homeowner
- Ask any eyewitnesses for their statements or testimonies about the accident
- Contact the police so they investigate and so you can get a copy of the police report
- Reach out to a qualified pedestrian accident lawyer in Pomona who can assemble your evidence for you and litigate your claim
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form to get started now.
What Can I Receive From A Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit?Successfully winning your pedestrian accident claim with the help of an attorney can net you a few different kinds of compensation. You may be able to receive the following:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Reimbursement of lost wages
- Costs of damaged property
- Damages for pain and suffering
- Punitive damages if the responsible party acted with gross negligence or the intent to cause harm
- Wrongful death damages if a family member or loved one passed away in the incident
Call (855) 339-8879> to schedule a free legal consultation.
Why Choose DTLAIf you choose the Downtown LA Law Group to handle your pedestrian accident lawsuit, you have the best chance of success. We are one of the most highly-rated law firms in the state and our attorneys will work tirelessly to bring you what you need. We will be aggressive with our negotiations, and if we need to win your case in court, we are prepared to do so. Call us at (855) 339-8879 for a free legal consultation with an expert lawyer. You can ask us anything you wish and we’ll be glad to give you the right answers. We’ll also tell you what we believe your claim is worth and what we believe we can win for you. Further, you should be aware that our clients all receive our zero fee guarantee, which allows you to go through the legal process without spending any of your own money. We will only get paid if we win your case, and if we lose, we take no fees at all. We believe that you should not have to pay for additional expenses if you pursue legal help. Contact our firm to speak with a Pomona pedestrian accident attorney.
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
Pedestrian Accident Attorney
– Sidewalk Injury Lawyers
– Crosswalks Pedestrian Accident
– Driveway Pedestrian Accidents
– Pedestrian Right of Way Laws
– Pedestrian Accident FAQ
– Accident Facts & Statistics
– Statute of Limitations for Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits
– Pedestrian Accident Laws
– What do to after a Pedestrian Accident
– Gruesome Pedestrian Accidents
– Skateboarding Accident Attorney
– Bus Pedestrian Accident
– Value of a Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit
– Jaywalking Accidents
– Parking Lot Pedestrians accident
– Left-Hand Turn Pedestrian Accident
– Illegal U-turn Pedestrian Accident
– Top 10 Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
– Average Pedestrian Accident Settlement
– Redondo Beach pedestrian accident attorney
– Torrance pedestrian accident lawyer
– Glendale pedestrian accident lawyer
– Lancaster pedestrian accident lawyer
– Inglewood pedestrian accident lawyer
Free Case Review 24/7