Don’t Face a Felony DUI Alone: We are here to Help
There are many questions and a great deal of anxiety and heartache when someone is arrested and charged for a DUI in California
. Here at Downtown LA LAW Group, we strive to provide our clients with all the answers to their legal questions. You are not alone Contact us for a Completely Free Review of Your DUI
Generally there are three situations in which a person can be charged and convicted for a felony DUI in the State of California.
- A “Driving Under the Influence” charge; and the DUI is determined to be the cause of Death or Injury to another person.
- You have had three or more DUI convictions within a 10 year span
- You have had a prior DIU felony Conviction
1. DUI as the Cause of Injury of Death to another:
There are generally two ways one can be convicted of a DUI felony resulting from Death of injury to another
- V C Section 23153 Driving Under Influence of Alcohol or Drugs Causing Injury, “It is unlawful for any person, while under the influence of any alcoholic beverage or drug, or under the combined influence of any alcoholic beverage and drug, to drive a vehicle and concurrently do any act forbidden by law, or neglect any duty imposed by law in driving the vehicle, which act or neglect proximately causes bodily injury to any person other than the driver.”
- Vehicular Manslaughter: If alcohol was involved a driver can be charged with vehicular manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, or second-degree murder. This requires that the person be charged with an underlying, misdemeanor or felony, (i.e. either a misdemeanor DUI leading to the death of a person or a DUI felony leading to e death of a person).
2. You have had three or more DUI convictions within a 10 year span:
In California multiple DUI offenses
over a certain time can lead to a felony charged leading to prison sentences. If you have been convicted three times for a DUI and receive a fourth, prosecutors in your county will in most circumstances charge you with a felony DUI.
So, if you have already been convicted multiple time it is imperative that you reach out and contact an DUI lawyer immediately. A felony DUI conviction will most likely lead to a prison sentence.
3. Prior Felony DUI
If you have a prior DUI convictions
on your record and have been arrest for a DUI, prosecutors will likely file DUI Felony charges against you. You will most likely face incarceration as a result of your new DUI felony.
You are Not Alone: We Can Help:
A DUI Felony is a serious offense which can lead to incarceration, loss of DMV Drivers License, Loss of employment, and education and more. At Downtown LA Law we recommend that you contact a Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer for immediate professional legal consultation if you are facing a Felony DUI. Our skilled professional attorneys debrief our clients about different legal issues you may face; ways to circumvent them and defend against wrongful DUI Felony charge by either Los Angeles County Prosecutors, or Orange County Prosecutors.
You Are Not Alone: If you have been arrested or charged with a DUI Felony don’t wait call (888) 649-7166 for a FREE CONSULTATION. Our Criminal Defense Lawyers at Downtown LA Law will provide you with knowledgeable, determined, legal representation regarding your DUI felony charge. Our helpful staff will be on call 24 hours a day guiding you and answering any question you may have regarding your matter.