On May 26, 2021, HSN recalled their Joy- and JM-branded steamers – the My Little Steamer and My Little Steamer Go. The recall, number 21-138, affects 5.4 million units of the product. Why is the product so dangerous? According to the recall, the defective clothing steamers can spray, expel, or leak hot water while the product is in use, which can pose a risk of injury to consumers.
The recall affects the full-size and compact-size clothes steamers, which were available in black, white, teal, purple, and red. The affected models have the product name printed on the side of the product and have either a flat or triangular steamer head.
The defective clothes steamers were available directly through HSN online and via their tv network. Additionally, the products were also sold through other retailers both online and in-stores.
The defective steamers were sold for prices ranging from $10 through $50 (there were available individually or as sets). There were sold from January 2002 through December 2020.
According to the recall, the company received 227 reports of hot water leaking or spraying from the clothes steamers. There were 106 reports of burn injuries – a number which includes 8 second-degree urns and 6 third degree burns.
According to the recall, there were over one-hundred reports of burn injuries, some of which included more severe burns, like second-degree and third-degree burns. The defective steamer can cause thermal burns, in which the temperature of the skin is raised, and the skin cells die. Although thermal burns can be minor and only lead to first-degree burns (which only affect the outer layer of the skin and are similar to sunburn), they can lead to second- and third-degree burns. Second-degree burns, specifically, affect both the top layer of the skin and the layer underneath; these burns can sometimes lead to scarring or permanent discoloration of the skin. Third-degree burns, on the other hand, affect all three layers of the skin; these burns are likely to cause nerve damage and can cause muscle damage and bone damage as well as more severe scarring.
Regardless of the type of burn injury that you or a member of your family suffered, it is important that you explore your legal options and pursue a claim based on product liability.What to do if You’re Injured by a Defective Product
If you or a member of your family suffered burns associated with the defective clothing steamers, there are a number of things that you should do to prepare to hold the negligent product manufacturer accountable and file your defective product claim.
What should you do? Consider some of the recommendations listed below:
Following all the points listed above can help you prepare to file your clothing steamer burn injury lawsuit against the product manufacturer. You could be eligible to participate in a class action lawsuit; therefore, you should look for a class action claim lawyer who could represent you.
Are you in need of a class action claim lawyer to help you sue HSN for the harm caused by their defective steamers? If so, do not hesitate to contact the experts at our firm as soon as possible. At Downtown L.A. Law Group, our lawyers are ready to provide you with the guidance that you need and help you recover the compensation that you are owed.
To make things as simple as possible to you, we offer free legal services, which include free consultations and free second opinions. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. We are ready to help you.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
CRPS After Burn Lawsuit Injury Lawyer
Burn Injury Lawyer
Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorney
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney