ASKO has issued a recall for its dishwashers due to a faulty power cord
. The power cord can potentially overheat
and cause a fire, which can lead to a burned-down home or apartment building. It is highly recommended that consumers turn off the power to the dishwasher so as not to mistakenly use them and contact the company for a free in-home repair. To date, 53 reports were made of the power cords overheating and causing sparks. There have been no reported fires or injuries from the defects, though.
Over 26,600 of the dishwashers were recalled
. They were manufactured in Slovenia, imported into Wisconsin, and distributed by ASKO and authorized dealers from October 2016 to July 2019. They were sold for between $1,000 and $2,200.
The dishwashers are stainless steel and have customizable, removable, and switchable doors and handles. They are 22 inches deep
, between 32 and 35 inches tall, and 24 inches wide
. The different model numbers and serial numbers that are affected by this recall include the following:
- D5426XLS — 49130164130001 through 49130171830050
- D5526XLFI — 49130464130001 through 49130480530127
- D5526XXLFI — 49130564130143 through 49130573530207
- D5436XLS — 49223164130001 through 49223173531000
- D5536XLFI — 49256564130001 through 49256572730426
- D5536XXLFI — 49256664230001 through 49256695030114
- D5536XXLFISOF — 49256764230001 through 49256772830024
- D5636XLHS/TH — 49256864130001 through 49256872430334
- D5636XLHS/PH — 49256964130001 through 49256971230025
- D5636XXLHS/TH — 49257064130001 through 49257073430220
- D5636XXLHS/PH — 49257164130106 through 49257184230232
- D5636XXLSHI — 49261264130001 through 49261273438338
- D5556XXLFI — 49263264230001 through 49263273930290
- D5656XXLHS/TH — 49263364630001 through 49263372830060
This information was taken from the CPSC website and page, https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2019/ASKO-Recalls-Dishwashers-Due-to-Fire-Hazard.
What can happen if a dishwasher overheats?
If a dishwasher overheats or the power cord becomes too hot
and sparks or catches fire, the damage may travel through the wall and into other electrical parts. An electrical fire is extremely dangerous and hard to keep under control or even put out. Further, fires in the kitchen are serious problems due to the presence of gas
and other combustible and flammable materials.
Many individuals choose to turn their dishwashers on overnight or when they leave the house so they can have clean dishes and utensils when they wake up or return home. This is extremely risky, especially with ASKO dishwashers
. If a dishwasher overheats and catches fire when no one is home or when you’re asleep, the results could be tragic.
Even in small fires or overheating moments, you could be seriously injured. You may suffer various burns of different degrees. Minor burns will go away for a few days, while more severe burns that affect deeper layers of the skin will take weeks or months to heal, and may never feel the same. Some third- and fourth-degree burns can result in permanent nerve damage, for example, and may require skin grafts to heal.
It is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to dishwashers, especially those that may have defects. You should never use a dishwasher when you are not there to monitor it, and you should always pay attention to any news concerning your product. If you notice anything is problematic, immediately stop using the dishwasher.
What steps do I take to file a product liability lawsuit against ASKO?
In order to sue ASKO for damages related to a defective dishwasher
, you must be able to show that there was a problem that could have been avoided and that the company was negligent. You must also have been injured in the incident. if the dishwasher overheated and there were no physical injuries as well as no extensive property damage, you may not be able to file an effective claim.
All product liability lawsuits must have at least one of the following points be true:
- The product was designed wrong and had a flaw from the conception process that caused the accident
- The product was manufactured poorly with the wrong parts or by a broken or shoddy machine
- The product did not have any warnings or hazards on it or the packaging
The ASKO dishwashers were likely manufactured with poor plugs or weak cables
that could not handle the large power output. The entirety of the dishwashers were not recalled, only those with certain serial numbers. These dishwashers were likely made with different materials that did not hold up to the usual standards.
Get started today by calling (855) 339-8879.
You should follow these steps if you wish to file a product liability claim against ASKO:
- Go to the doctor and get medical help so that you do not risk additional injuries
- Do not wait too long to get treatment, as the insurance agent can cast doubt on your claim if you hesitate
- Make copies of medical receipts and hospital records, doctor’s notes and prescriptions, and more
- Do not return the dishwasher, tamper with it, hire a repair service outside of ASKO’s, or do anything to the item that would otherwise alter its state; if you do, you run the risk of the company claiming that there is no way to identify the defect and what damages were caused by your attempts to fix it
- Acquire statements from other individuals or people in your home who saw dishwasher catch fire or were present when it happened, as these additional testimonies can benefit your claim; you may also wish to reach out to other individuals who have suffered similar incidents and add their statements as well
- Print out copies of any receipts, proof of purchase documents, bank statements and credit card receipts, and delivery receipts that show that you were the rightful and lawful owner of the dishwasher and that you paid for it
Once you have put together your evidence, you should contact an attorney who has experience in filing product liability cases
. It will benefit you if you have someone on your side who is well-versed in the law. We will write a demand letter and submit your evidence to the insurance agency representing ASKO. It could be suggested to join a class action claim, which would involve numerous plaintiffs in one lawsuit against the company. However, while class action claims have an abundance of evidence due to the numerous plaintiffs, there is also less compensation as the total amount will be spread amongst the individuals.
What can I win if I sue ASKO for injuries from a broken dishwasher?
It is possible to earn numerous forms of compensation in a lawsuit if you sue ASKO for a defective dishwasher. You may be able to receive full coverage for injuries and other expenses. We will see to it that you walk away with the following:
- Medical bills from the past and future for hospitalization, surgery, physical therapy, medication and drugs, and more
- Property damage to repair or replace the dishwasher, fix any fire or smoke damage in your home, and more
- Lost income if you were unable to return to work after your injuries or if you had to take additional time off to treat them or recover
- Pain and suffering damages if you experienced anxiety, fear, PTSD, emotional trauma, and more
These expenses should be covered by the responsible party. If you were not accountable for the broken or defective dishwasher
, you shouldn’t be held liable. The company should be made to pay off these debts, and our goal is to bring you the maximum coverage possible.
Learn more about your legal options: call (855) 339-8879 to speak with a representative now.
What is the statute of limitations to sue ASKO for injuries from a defective dishwasher accident?
The statute of limitations is the time limit during which you can file a claim against the company. A product liability lawsuit is a form of personal injury claims, so it must be filed within 2 years of the date of the injury. If you do not file a lawsuit within this period, you will be unable to do so and will not have the chance to collect any compensation in the future. Your claim will effectively be nullified.
Some circumstances can lead to an extension to the statute of limitations. This can happen if the victim is a minor (statute begins at 18 years old), has been left incapacitated from the incident (statute begins when returning to normalcy), or when the defendant has left or vacated the state (statute begins when he returns).
In order to identify how much time you have left on your claim, you should reach out to an attorney. Many claims are missed because the individual does not know the statute of limitations or does not know the time limit on the case. We will file your lawsuit for you on time and will document everything accordingly.
Choosing Our Firm
For the best product liability lawyers
in Los Angeles, reach out to the Downtown LA Law Group
. We will help you sue ASKO for damages suffered in a defective dishwasher incident. We are known for our aggressive attorneys who always pursue the maximum settlement for you and for not giving up on cases. We are willing to go to court if we must and will fight for your rights in front of a judge and jury.
Contact us today
for a free legal consultation. We are available around the clock, and if you have any questions, we will gladly answer them. We will also tell you more about our zero fee guarantee, which means that you pay us nothing at all during the case; we only receive payment if we win, and if we lose we are not given anything. You do not touch your savings at all.
For the best representation available, call the Downtown LA Law Group
at (855) 339-8879
. There is no better choice if you wish to sue ASKO for a defective dishwasher