Cranes are an indispensable part of most construction sites across Los Angeles County. However cranes are inherently dangerous construction equipment resulting in thousands of injuries and dozens of fatalities each year. Common injuries associated with crane accidents include, electrocutions, broken limbs, amputations, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and facial disfigurement. Our construction accident attorneys
are dedicated to providing victims of crane accidents as well as family member of individuals killed in construction related accidents with effective legal representation. Our goal is to see to it that you are fully compensated for all your injuries including medical costs, pain and suffering and lost wages.
Free No Cost Consultation
: Our attorneys provide all our clients with an initial cost free consultation regarding their case. You can speak with a member of our legal team by calling toll free (888) 649-7166
Death of a Family Member due to a Crane Accident
: Every year dozens of individual, both construction crew and bystanders are killed in crane related accidents in the United States. Relatives of loved one who have died in construction accidents are often left with huge medical bills, funeral costs, debt and loss of the deceased victims wages. Relatives of victims who have lose their lives are permitted to file a wrongful death cause action in the State of California. California Code of Civil Procedure, “The decedent’s surviving spouse or domestic partner, children, and issue of deceased children, or, if there is no surviving issue of the decedent, the persons, including the surviving spouse or domestic partner, who would be entitled to the property of the decedent by intestate succession.”
Common causes of Tower Crane Accidents
: There can be numerous causes of crane related accidents. A thorough investigation of the incident in necessary to determine the exacts cause of an accident and determine all at fault parties. Common causes of cane failures on construction site are as follows.
Defective Manufacturing of Cranes
- Electrocutions caused by contact with Electrical Currents: More than one on four crane accident fatalities are caused by electrocutions. Electrocutions are usually caused by a cranes boom or wipe being too close to and entangled with high voltage power lines.
- Mechanical Failure of the crane: In some instances the crane is assembled improperly or manufactured in a way as to result in an increased rate of accident and injuries.
- Failure to Properly inspect Construction Zones and Cranes and improper or misuse of crane.
- Foundation issues caused by failure to properly inspect construction zone
- Struck by a Falling Object from a crane
- Improper dismantling and extending of cranes
- Extreme weather conditions primarily high winds
: In many previous incidents the cause of crane accident was determined to be defect in the manufacturing process of the crane. Product liability lawsuits are usually based on three different causes of action.
- Defect in the original design of the crane
- Defect in manufacturing process of the crane
- Failure to warn defect – also known and labeling defect
Compensation Available for Victims of Crane Accidents – Filing a Lawsuit
Individuals sustaining injuries in construction zone accidents are entitled to monetary compensation for all their damages including
All medical and health related costs
- Cost of future medical care and rehabilitation expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings due to disability
- Pain and suffering caused by the injuries you suffered
- Punitive damages – where possible
The Downtown LA Law Firm represents clients in Los Angeles County, Orange county and surrounding southern California communities who are injured in construction site accidents including crane collapses. Our goal is to investigate your case thoroughly and evaluate the most optimum legal course of action so that you can be fully compensated for your loss. All case evaluations are completely free of charge. To speak with an attorney call us toll free (855)385-2529.
More information on Crane Accidents here