1. Make sure you and those around you are safe. Head Injuries are very common in SUV rollover accidents. If you or anyone around you has sustained a head injury contact a medical professional immediately. Even if you believe you have not been injured you should get a checkup with a medical professional.
2. Do not attempt to talk with the other party regarding fault or apologies. Any words you may have said can be used against you when you are seeking compensation for your damages and injuries. Even politeness can be used against you.
3. Contact the local police department and report the SUV rollover accident; If you have a trusted car accident rollover lawyer contact him if you have any questions regarding the process.
4. If you are not injured and you believe the area is reasonably safe then attempt to ask the school bus driver for his driver’s license, car registration information, contact information, and insurance documentation. Take down all information including the school he works for. If you have a high resolution camera phone ask the person if it is ok to take pictures of the documents you have asked for.
5. If your SUV is totaled do not destroy the vehicle or sell it for scraps. The SUV is can contain valuable evidence for your case. Save the vehicle. This will be very important if the accident was a result of a defective automotive
6. Never argue with other drivers: If any argument takes place simply walk away to lessen the chances of a physical confrontation.
7. Don’t be shy: if there are witnesses who can testify on your behalf asked them for their contact information.
8. Always carry a camera: Take Pictures and take notes as much as possible of all the damage to your car, and well as the street lights, street address. If there is a dispute down the line you will have proof.
9. Be Careful Who You Talk To – if the other party’s insurance company contacts you, your best response is to get in touch with a car accident injury attorney and ask him to speak with the other party’s agents.
10.Never automatically accept the first estimate or offer you get – jumping the gun on the settlement can be a costly mistake. Contact a car accident attorney who is skilled an adept in negotiating with insurance companies. If insurance companies play hardball a skilled aggressive Los Angeles Car Accident lawyer will take the defendant to litigation and trial.
11. Find a skilled SUV Rollover Attorney – A Los Angeles Rollover Accident attorney adept in fighting insurance companies and protecting your right to compensation will be able to substantially increase the amount of compensation you receive for your damages and injuries.
12. Heal your wounds and get better; fighting insurance companies and defendants is OUR JOB. We will make you receive the maximum compensation for your loss.