It is extremely common for car accidents to happen; many people will suffer through a few accidents in their lifetimes, but not everyone will sustain injuries. Those who are injured should pursue appropriate legal action in the form of a personal injury lawsuit
. Our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group
, can provide car crash victims with adequate representation. You will be given the best care available by our team of Huntington Park car accident attorneys
. Let us help you get what you need for your damages.
Causes of Car Crashes
Over 1 million people are killed each year in car crashes, with hundreds of thousands of accidents occurring across the country. Millions more are hurt or injured in some way. The causes are usually all very similar. It is thus no surprise that as many accidents happen as they do. A few of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Changing lanes without signaling
- Ignoring right of way laws
- Driving while tired
- Texting and using the phone while driving
- Running red lights
- Running stop signs
- Reckless or careless driving
- Environmental and weather problems
- Street and road defects
- Vehicle malfunctions
You may be as safe of a driver as you can be, but the negligence of others on the road can take precedence and cause you to suffer accidents and injuries. It is possible that you can be involved in a number of different types of accidents
. For example, rear-end collisions<>/a are most common, but you may also be involved in sideswipes, rollover accidents
, broadside or T-bone collisions
, head-on crashes
, and much more.
Learn more about your legal options: call (888) 649-7166 with a representative now.
It is in your best interest to reach out to a skilled car accident attorney in Huntington Park
for more assistance.
Car Accident Injuries
It is not common for victims of car crashes to suffer intense injuries. We have seen clients sustain myriad different wounds, and we have done all we can to win them the compensation they deserve. Some of the injuries you could receive from car accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Fractures and sprains
- Torn muscles and ligament damage
- Nerve damage
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries and brain damage
- Closed head injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Crushing injuries and puncture injuries
- Severed limbs
- Burns and scarring
- Hip and knee injuries
- Back injuries
If you have been injured in a car crash as the result of the negligent actions of another individual, contact our firm
for more help. We’ll gladly assist you with the legal process and will make sure that you are fairly compensated for your damages.
What To Do After A Car Crash
Many victims of car accidents are scared and unsure of what to do after they have been hit. They may not stay at the scene of the accident or they may not take down the necessary information from other involved parties. These simple errors can cause huge problems with potential lawsuits, and they may be the breaking points that cause them to be thrown out. You should follow these steps to ensure that you are adequately protected in the event of a car crash.
- Firstly, go to the doctor immediately to get treated for your injuries, or get treatment from the paramedics. You should get help even if you feel that you were not injured; a gap between the accident and the medical treatment can cause the insurance agent to be dubious about the source of your injuries
- Take down the insurance information and contact details of the driver who hit you
- Photograph everything you can for posterity, including your injuries, the damage to the vehicles, the scene of the accident, and more
- Record testimonies and statements from nearby witnesses or passengers in cars who saw the accident take place
- Ask the police for a copy of the police report once it has been finalized
- Hold on to any medical notes from paramedics or from the hospital
- Keep receipts and estimates from the mechanic and any other business that could replace or repair your belongings
- Lastly, get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Huntington Park for more assistance, as you will likely not have much legal experience and will not be able to adequately handle your claim; the more help you have, the higher your chance of success
Filing a Claim
If you wish to file a claim against the responsible driver and his insurance agency, you must prove that the driver was negligent. To do this, you must establish four points. The points are as follows:
- You were owed a duty of care (all drivers owe everyone else a duty of care to not harm anyone or place anyone in danger)
- The duty of care was breached (whether by breaking the law, driving carelessly, and in other ways)
- The breach of duty led to an accident or incident of some kind
- The accident resulted in actual physical injuries
If you were not physically harmed in the accident, you won’t be able to file a personal injury claim. Instead, you would only be able to pursue restitution for your damaged property and any lost wages. Fortunately, these types of cases are usually simple enough that they can be handled without any legal representation, as there will be next to no need for negotiations; the insurance agent is more likely to work with you for these lower expenses than if he were to be subjected to medical bills.
For help proving that the responsible driver acted with negligence, get in touch with our car accident attorneys in Huntington Park.
Potential Value of Your Car Crash Lawsuit
A personal injury claim can result in you getting a fair amount of compensation for your injuries. You should not be expected to cover certain debts if you were harmed because of the negligent action of another driver. The responsible party should be held liable and be made to cover outstanding fees. Our attorneys will strive to bring you coverage for the following:
- Medical bills from the past and future for your surgery, ambulatory transportation, hospitalization, medication, physical therapy sessions, and more
- Lost income from the past and future for days you missed at work because of your injuries
- Damaged property to cover your vehicle repairs, lost items, broken belongings, and more
- Pain and suffering, or emotional trauma, PTSD, fear, anxiety, and more
- Wrongful death expenses, like funeral and burial fees, pre-death medical bills, pre-death pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of expected savings and inheritance, and more
- Punitive damages, which are extra payments made to punish the defendant that are awarded in times of gross negligence or intent to cause harm; these are often viewed as excessive, though, and can only be won by a talented lawyer
Your car crash claim will be valued by the insurance agent handling your case. He will look to many different factors that determine how much of a settlement he will offer to you. The primary factor is your injuries – if they were particularly extensive and affected your life and career, you would likely have a larger offer than if they were minor damages. The agent will also look at your age, type of job, and more. Importantly, he will consider the level of negligence in the crash. If you were not responsible for the crash at all, such as when a drunk driver hits you, you would likely receive a much larger settlement than if you were driving at night with your lights off and were hit by someone at an intersection.
The value of your case is not measured by a calculator, and it is impossible to know without getting an offer from the insurance agent. Once the offer has been made, our lawyers will strive to negotiate a fairer deal. Insurance agents are notorious for trying to make you small offers and save as much money as possible; they may even outright deny your claim or reject it on some made-up accusation.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
Let our Huntington Park car accident attorneys
help you get the coverage you need.
Why Choose Us
The Downtown LA Law Group
has a team of lawyers with decades of combined experience handling car accident claims. We promise to work around the clock to bring you the money you deserve if you were a victim of negligent action. We will aggressively pursue your rightful settlement and will negotiate a fair settlement, and if we are not completely satisfied with the result, we will take your case to court.
Call us at (888) 649-7166
for a free legal consultation. We are available around the clock and will make sure all your case details and private information remain confidential. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and we will give you the answers. We believe clients should be knowledgeable and informed about the legal process and their cases.
If you choose us to represent you, we will also give you our zero fee guarantee. This is a promise that you won’t pay us any money out of your own pockets; we will get our expenses covered if and only if we win, and the insurance company will cover your legal fees. If we lose, we won’t collect anything at all.
Our Huntington Park car accident lawyers
can handle your lawsuit for you. Call our firm at (888) 649-7166
to get started.