Delivery services have become extremely popular as the gig economy has taken off. Nowadays, it is easier than ever to have your favorite meals delivered and to receive manufactured goods the same day you order them. These treats are available thanks to companies like UberEats
, Amazon Flex
, Postmates, and more. Postmates is one such company that delivers food and other items for companies. Recently, 7-11, the convenience store chain
, has begun offering delivery options to individuals in public places. This is meant to increase efficiency and ensure that people are getting the items they want without having to travel far beyond their initial locations. Of course, as with all rideshare and delivery companies, there are many dangers naturally inherent in these services. Our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group
, can help you take legal action if you were hurt due to a delivery driver making a delivery for 7-11.
7-11 Delivery Service Information
Since June 2019, 7-11 has launched a delivery service to bring Slurpees and other products to consumers. The hotspots, or delivery locations, are all over the country, some of which are in popular locations like Manhattan and Venice Beach in Los Angeles
. Customers can download the 7NOW app
and order items from nearby 7-11 locations. This is an upgrade from the company’s decision to deliver to homes.
7-11 marketing and operations officers have begun to inquire about the use of drones to deliver items
, as Amazon has begun to do. However, in the meantime, the items are delivered via Postmates
. Postmates is a delivery service that allows customers to order food from restaurants for to-go orders; generally, the restaurants do not have delivery drivers themselves, and they partner with Postmates to expand their businesses.
7-11 plans to reach over 200,000 locations with its deliveries
. The more locations the company plans to reach, though, the higher the chance of accidents and injuries from reckless drivers.
Causes of 7-11 Delivery Accidents
7-11 delivery accidents most often happen because of driver inattention or negligence. It is not uncommon for drivers to be reckless or careless when on the road, but it is especially common for delivery drivers and those who need to quickly drop off goods. Long wait times and delays can negatively impact a driver’s job and may even lead to his suspension or termination. Restaurants that are plagued by slow delivery times may also choose to switch services, so it is important for companies to have fast, responsible, efficient drivers. This promise, though, often leads to crashes for the following reasons:
- Running stop signs
- Running red lights
- Failing to merge properly
- Turning without signaling
- Turning in front of oncoming traffic
- Not observing the right of way
- Driving while drunk
- Driving while tired or exhausted
In addition to driver error, there may be other special factors that cause accidents. Drivers should always be very cautious in such situations. Examples include:
- Vehicle defects
- Road hazards
- Poor weather
No matter what the reason for your accident, it is recommended that you seek out assistance from a skilled lawyer who can help you sue 7-11 or Postmates for injuries.
– How Do I File a Claim after an Amazon Accident with a Delivery Vehicle?
– Amazon Delivery Truck Accident Lawyers: Amazon Flex Insurance
– How Do I File an Accident Claim after an Amazon Flex Accident in San Diego?
– FedEX and UPS Delivery Truck Accidents Attorney
– How to file an accident claim after an Amazon Flex accident in San Francisco
– Amazon Flex Insurance
– The Ultimate Guide to Uber Accidents
– Courier Bicycle Accidents
Injuries in Delivery Accidents
There are many ways that you can be hurt if you are involved in a 7-11 delivery accident. Some examples of the damages you can receive include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Facial damages
- Herniated discs
- Neck injuries
- Hip and knee damage
- Severed limbs
Learn more about your legal options: call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
The extent of your damages may be enough to keep you out of work for some time or may permanently disable you. You would be best served by finding a skilled attorney who can assist you and ensure that you’re given the treatment and compensation you deserve.
Postmates Insurance Coverage
Individuals who deliver products for 7-11 will do so under partnership with Postmates
. Postmates provides insurance coverage to its drivers as part of its terms and conditions. Drivers are required to carry auto insurance policies, but personal auto insurance policies do not cover commercial driving, or driving one for money. Therefore, Postmates must protect the driver and others in the event of accidents.
Postmates insurance functions like most other rideshare and delivery services’ policies do.
That is, when the app is turned off and you are not making any deliveries, you are protected only by your own personal coverage. When the app is on, you are given collision and liability protection. For Postmates, the insurance breakdown can be found below:
- General liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 to cover liability for individuals on bicycles who inflict bodily injuries or property damage to third-parties
- Automobile excess insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 to cover liability for individuals in vehicles who harm or cause damage to property of third-parties
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage for $1,000,000 if the opposing driver did not hae the necessary insurance coverage or had none at all in the event of an accident
- Accidental occupational liability for $50,000 to cover the Postmates driver’s medical expenses for any injuries and damages he suffered while making deliveries
Postmates does not provide coverage for any damage done to your vehicle in the event of an accident; the damages will solely be you responsibility. This is different from other services, as they may provide contingent comprehensive and collision, or outright cover the property damage themselves.
If you are unsure of the insurance coverage provided to you by Postmates or if you have questions after suffering an accident, you can call our lawyers today for more details.
What to do after a 7-11 Delivery Accident
If you were hurt in a 7-11 delivery accident, it is important that you follow this procedure to preserve your evidence and stay safe from further harm.
- Go to the doctor at once to get medical treatment
- Keep medical notes, receipts, records, and prescriptions
- Take pictures of the injuries you suffered in the accident
- Take photos of the scene of the accident and damage done to the vehicles involved
- Take pictures of the app if you were using Postmates at the time to make a delivery
- Secure any security footage or surveillance videos if available
- Interview nearby eyewitnesses and bystanders for their statements as to what happened in the event
- If the police showed up to conduct an investigation, request a copy of the police report
- File an incident report with Postmates
- Record any contact information and insurance details from third-parties involved in the accident
- Consult with a skilled lawyer with experience in Postmates accidents or 7-11 delivery accidents
By hiring an attorney to deal with your case, you will have the best chance of success. A lawyer can prove that you were owed a duty of care and that the duty of care was breached in some way, which led to an accident and physical injuries. All personal injury lawsuits will be based on these four points of negligence, and if you have no legal experience, you may not be able to win your claim at all.
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
7-11 Delivery Accident Lawsuit Compensation
Individuals who were hurt in 7-11 delivery accidents are entitled to certain types of financial compensation for their injuries. You should not be expected to cover these expenses if you were not at fault in the crash. Our lawyers will strive to win you the maximum settlement available, including coverage for the following:
- Medical expenses from the past and future for hospitalization, surgery, physical therapy, medication, and more
- Property damage done to your vehicle or personal items
- Lost income from time spent away from work and future missed wages from your job
- Pain and suffering damages for emotional anguish, PTSD, anxiety, fear, and more
With ample assistance from a law firm, you could be on your way to receiving total coverage for your injuries stemming from a 7-11 delivery accident with a Postmates driver.
How We Help
The Downtown LA Law Group
is comprised of a team of expert lawyers with years of experience in auto accidents. We have been handling Postmates claims and delivery accidents since the inception of the company, and we have won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients in the past. Our goals are centered on our clients and we will not stop pursuing them until we are satisfied with the results. If you need aggressive lawyers who will do all they can to win your claim, look no further than our firm.
Call our offices at (888) 649-7166
today for a free legal consultation to discuss your case. WE will tell you what we believe you can win and what your case might be worth. We will also tell you more about the zero fee guarantee we give to all clients. This promises that you won/t have to pay any money for our services. We will only get compensation if we win, and the money will come out of the settlement we take from 711 or Postmates. If we lose, we do not get paid at all, and you won’t have to spend a dime.
Let the Downtown LA Law Group
handle your 7-11 delivery accident lawsuit or your Postmates accident claim