Power generators are used in emergency situations where electric power has been cut off from a place of residence, a business, public facility or a hospital. During power interruptions caused by high winds, snow, tropical storms, hurricanes, or earthquakes, electric and diesel power generators serve an essential purpose and can help lives. More so power generators are a mainstay in many construction related industries across the country. However in many instances power generators can be deadly causing serious life threatening injuries to unsuspecting users. A common cause these accidents are defectively produces and manufactures gene Some of the most common injuries associated with power generators are as follows
- Electric shock and Electrocutions
- Burn Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide poisoning
- Smoke inhalation
- Noise and vibration hazards
Electrocutions: Generators pose a risk of shock and electrocution especially when they are operated in wet conditions. It is important to operated generator in dry surfaces and under canopies designed to deflect water away. In many instances power generators contain faulty wiring that will send an electric shock to person operating the machine. Safety tips for power generators:
- Try to keep your ventilators dry
- Don’t plug in the generator into a household socket
- Place generators on proper grounding
- Never use generators in indoor closed rooms
- Do not overfill the gas tank on generators
- Do not smoke or use fire close to generators
- If you need to use extension cords make sure they are heavy duty, and always inspect the cords before use
If you or a loved one have suffered serious injuries from electric or diesel driven power generators you are entitled to compensation for you damages. Our dedicated defective product injury attorneys have the experience and dedication required to get you the compensation you deserve.
Power Generator Injury Lawsuits: Compensation For Your Injuries: If you have suffered serious injuries cause by defective power generators you are entitled to compensation for all your losses including.
- All medical expenses including hospitalization costs
- All future medical expenses and rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages and future loss of income due to inability to work
- Pain and Suffering arising from your injuries
- Punitive Damages – where possible
A Defective Product Case usually involved having either
(1) The product was defectively manufactured
(2) The product was defectively designed
(3) The product did contain proper warning and labeling.
Product liability cases are challenging requiring expert legal representation. If you have any further questions and are seeking legal counsel to determine whether you have a case contact our Product Liability Law Firm for a free consultation.