Woman Falls from the Deck of a Cruise Ship and Lands on Another Passenger – Cruise Ship Injury Attorney
A Virgin Voyages Cruise traveling from Miami, Florida to Roatan, Honduras had to return to Miami docks shortly after departing after the incident. According to reports, a female passenger fell to her death. She allegedly fell from her room balcony down onto a lower deck, landing on another female passenger. Unfortunately, the woman who fell died. Allegedly, the other woman is doing “okay,” although it has not been revealed whether she sustained any injuries. The incident remains under investigation.
This is not the first time that an incident like this occurs on a cruise ship, and it will likely not be the last. There are many different incidents that can occur on cruise ships both because of the negligence of the cruise ship owner/operator as well as the malicious intentions of other guests.
If you or a member of your family suffered harm while on a cruise ship, you could have grounds to file a lawsuit. For more information about the legal options available to you, we recommend that you seek legal assistance as soon as possible. Here at the Downtown L.A. Law Group, our lawyers are more than ready to provide you with the guidance that you need to better understand your rights and recover the compensation that you are owed. If you are ready to speak with our lawyers, contact us today.
There are many different types of incidents that can happen on cruise ships. All of these incidents are associated with different hazards. Below, we will discuss some of these different incidents:
- Slip and fall accidents – these incidents are associated with slip hazards, including wet floors, slippery surfaces, leaks, spills, etc.
- Trip and fall accidents – these incidents are associated with trip hazards, including uneven floors, broken tiles, exposed rebar, exposed wires, etc.
- Falling object incidents – these incidents are associated with elevated hazards, including improperly installed lights, light fixtures, fans, posts, etc.
- Assault and battery – these incidents are associated with a lack of security, a lack of surveillance, etc.
- Sexual assault incidents – these incidents are associated with a lack of security, poorly lit areas, isolated areas, etc.
- Falling over decks incidents – these incidents can be associated with broken railing or improperly installed/maintained rails, etc.
No matter what the incident suffered, victims are likely to suffer multiple injuries. Some examples of resulting injuries include head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, neck injuries, back injuries, spinal cord injuries, shoulder injuries, knee injuries, hip injuries, pelvic injuries, fractures, lacerations, crushing injuries, severed limbs, drowning, scrapes and bruises, etc. If you or a loved one suffered any of these injuries, or any other injury, on a cruise ship, it is important that you speak to a lawyer as soon as possible.Can I Sue for Injuries on a Cruise Ship?
Yes – you could have the right to file a lawsuit for the harm resulting from an incident on a cruise ship. More specifically, you can sue the company that owns and operates the cruise ship. For more information about your right to file a cruise ship injury claim, contact the cruise ship injury lawyers here at our law firm as soon as possible.Can I Recovery Compensation for My Cruise Ship Injury Claim?
Yes – depending on the details surrounding your claim, you could have grounds to recover compensation. Although every claim is different, some of the categories of compensation that could be available for recovery could include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Legal fees
- Wrongful death benefits – in the case of wrongful death, claimants could recover compensation for funeral and burial costs and loss of consortium.
Our legal team is often approached with the following questions.
How much is the average value of cruise ship injury claims? This is a difficult question to answer as every case is so different from the next. We cannot determine one average value that applies to all cases as case value is based on specific case details (like the type/severity of injuries, whether injuries caused permanent harm, the time that the victim was unable to work due to injuries, and even the victim’s wage history, for instance). Although we cannot determine a specific average case value, we can determine an estimated range. In general, cruise ship injury claims can be worth anywhere from $150,000 to $3 million, for instance. For more specific information about the possible value of your claim, contact us today.
How long does it take to settle a cruise ship injury claim? Here at our firm, our legal team is committed to settling these cases within a reasonable time. Although in some cases we can reach a settlement in about 6 months, this is not always possible. In general, we aim to settle cruise ship injury claims in 2 years or less. Our team is committed to keeping all our clients well informed during the settlement process to ensure that our clients are never left wondering “what’s going on?” or “what now?” For more information about the time that it takes to settle your claim, contact us today.
Cruise ship injury claims are different that other personal injury claims in the way that they are all subject to one deadline regardless of where the incident happened or the ship took off from. In general, cruise ship injury claims are subject to a one-year deadline. In addition, the victim is typically required to file a claim directly with the cruise ship line before filing a lawsuit. For more information about the exact deadline that applies to your claim, contact us today.Contact the Downtown L.A. Law Group
Here at our firm, we offer free legal services, which include free consultations and free second opinions. Whether you are ready to begin your cruise ship injury claim or you are looking for a new lawyer because you are unsatisfied with the way things are going, we can help you. Our legal team can answer all your questions and provide you with absolutely all the information that you need to pursue your claim. To benefit from our free legal services, contact us today.
Our Zero-Fee guarantee ensures that our clients will not have to pay any upfront legal costs for any legal services. In addition, our team works on contingency, meaning that our clients will never be required to pay any legal fees until after winning their claims. If you do not win, you simply will not be responsible for any legal costs.
If you are ready to speak with our experienced cruise ship accident attorneys, contact us today.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
Cruise Ship Excursion Injuries
Assault on a Cruise Ship
Slip and Fall on a Company Boat Trip
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney