Hospital Liability for Bed Sores – Patient Rights Nursign Care
Elderly Patient Care Needs – Filing a Lawsuit for Negligent Hospital CareThe development of bed sores is a clear indication of elder abuse. Under various state and federal law the term elderly is reserved for two classes of individuals. (1) Patients over the age of 65 (2) Patients between the age of 18-64 who through physical or mental incapacitation are able to care for their basic needs.
- Bed Sores are common caused by neglecting the health and hygienic needs of elderly and immobile patients. Generally the term neglect under elder abuse laws is defines as the failure of a person who is charged with the care or custody of an elderly or dependent adult to exercise the level of care necessary.
Common Causes of Bed Sores in Hospitals Include:
- Failure to assess and inspect high risk patients for bed sores
- Failure to have a sufficient number of nurses and staff in hospitals
- Failure to provide proper hygienic care including cleaning of bed sheets
- Failure to provide proper nutrition and hydration
Read Also– Bed Sore Lawsuit – Statute of Limitations – Stage III Bed Sore Lawsuit – Stage IV Bed Sore – Nursing Home Liability – Average BedSore Settlement – Nursing Homes Liable for Bed Sores? – Food Poisoning in Nursing Home Lawsuit Legal Assistance: Our medical malpractice and elder abuse attorneys feel proud to protect the rights of individual who have suffered from bed sores in hospitals and nursing homes. To schedule a free no cost and confidential case analysis regarding the development of bed sores contact our law firm toll free at (855)385-2529. Further Information: Stages of Bed Sores Preventing Bed Sores In Hospitals
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
The Ultimate Guide to Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse
– Elder Abuse Attorney Los Angeles
– Nursing Home Neglect
– Emotional Elder Abuse Attorney
– Bed Sore Attorney | Elderly Neglect
– Medication Error in Nursing Homes
– What is Elder Abuse?
– Nursing Home Slip and Fall Attorney
– Elder Financial Abuse Attorney
– Elder Abuse Neglect Laws Attorney
– Residential Care Elderly Abuse Attorney
– Who Can Sue For Elder Abuse?
– Elder Abuse Wrongful Death Lawsuit
– Elderly Medical Malpractice Attorney
– Bed Sore Wrongful Death Lawsuit
– Bed Sore Injury Attorney – Nursing Home Neglect
– Different Stages of Bedsores
– Hospital Bed Sore Lawsuit – Can a Hospital be Sued for Patient Neglect
– Nursing home sexual assault
– Infections in Nursing Homes
– Nursing Home Heat Stroke Lawsuit
DTLA Client Review