Update on Recall Information: According to the Consumer Product Safety Administration the Holmes Ceramic Heaters manufactured by Sunbeam has been recalled due to an increased risk of fire hazards due to the products use. The recall involves over 150,000 units of the ceramic heaters sold at various store locations including, Target and Walmart. The product is manufactured in China and distributed by Sunbeam Products, Inc., of Boca Raton, Florida. The overheating of the product can result in severe smoke inhalation, burn injuries and fires. The DTLA Law group is currently investigating possible defective product claims for injuries suffered due to the recently recalled ceramic heaters. If you or a loved one suffered any type of harm due to the use of this product and have any legal questions regarding possible claims against all at fault (liable) parties feel free to contact our law offices.
Steps to Take If you have Suffered Injuries From a Recalled Product1. Seek medical treatment and soon as possible. Document the injuries that you have suffered. 2. Do not tamper with the product or attempt to fix the recall. 3. Preserve all evidence. Do not sell or exchange the product or send the product back to manufacturers. 4. Contact an attorney to learn more about your legal rights.
Compensation Available for Victims of Defective ProductsThose who have suffered physical injuries due to the use of a recalled defective consumer product are entitled to compensation for each and every single harm suffered. Specific categories of harm recoverable in such claim can include the following…
- All medical and rehabilitation expenses incurred.
- All future medical, health and living expenses due to long term or permanent injuries and disabilities.
- Wage and salary loss due to missed work caused by injuries that have been suffered.
- Los of future income and earning capacity resulting from long term or permanent injuries.
- Non economic damages also known as pain and suffering and emotional trauma