Car Accidents are the most common cause of preventable serious injuries in the United States. According to statistics back injuries sustained in Traffic Collisions account for close to 10% off all injuries each year resulting in billions of dollars in medical care costs, lost wages and future loss of earnings and property damage. Common back injuries associated with vehicular collisions include, nerve damage in the lower back, spinal stenosis, lower back sprains and strains, herniated disc, disc fractures, spinal column injuries, lower lumbar strain, and compression fractures. Other serious injuries common place in Motor Vehicle Accidents: In many instances the back pain experienced by victims of auto accidents may be an indication of more serious medical complications. Some of the other injuries common in auto accident are as follows:
- Whiplash and other serious neck injuries
- Facial Lacerations
- Trauma sustained to the head – resulting in mild to moderate Brain Injury
- Ruptured Discs and Disc fractures
- Spinal Cord Damage
- Broken bones and fractured ribs
- Always be careful who you speak to regarding your case. DO NOT speak to the insurance adjuster of the other party.
- Never Automatically accept a first offer by an insurance adjuster. Insurance companies will routinely snowball your damages in the hopes that you will not re negotiate the settlement amount.
- Seek legal representation. In the vast majority of cases individuals who are represented in personal injury matters receive higher settlements and verdicts.