Victims of severe health complication due to the eating of Foster Farms chicken contaminated with the for borne illness salmonella have a right to compensation under the law. If you or a loved one consumed Fosters Farms chicken and have been diagnoses with salmonella contact our food poisoning
legal help line toll free (855)385-2529.
: All confidential legal consultations regarding your food poisoning claim are provided free of charge.
Latest Information on the Salmonella Out Break:
According to the latest information the FDA
(Food and Drug Administration) may force a shutdown of all Foster Farms chicken manufacturing and distribution plants in the state of California suspected of producing chicken infected with the harmful bacteria.
So far more that 400 hundred victims have been diagnosed with contracting salmonella due to the contaminated chicken produced in Foster Farms owned facilities in the state of California. The strain of salmonella is of particular concern since it is more virulent than previous outbreaks resulting in a hospitalization rate double the usual level.
The Foster Farms serial numbers on the Chicken Product which may be infected are
Can I Sue – Filing a Product Liability Lawsuit for Contamination of Foster Farms Chicken:
Food poisoning claims are based on a product liability cause of action for the sale of unsafe consumer items including foods containing contaminants and food born illnesses. There are several ways to proved product liability case in the court of law.
Steps to Take if You Suspect Your Foster Farms Chicken is Contaminated with Salmonella:
- Defect in design or recipe of the food
- Defect in the manufacturing process
- labeling defect – failure to warn of known or knowable hazards associated with the use of the product.
There are several important steps which should be take in order to ensure the viability of your lawsuit.
1. Preservation of the Evidence: Mark the chicken as dangerous place in a zip lock sealed bag and place in the freezer away from any other foods. Do not throw away the receipt or any other evidence of the chicken.
2. Seek medical treatment as soon as possible
3. Ask to be specifically tested for salmonella diagnosis
4. Contact our law offices toll free (855)385-2529.
Salmonella Poisoning Leading to the Death of a Loved One:
Unfortunately the contraction of salmonella may result in severe medical complication leading to the death of the victim. The young, the elderly, and individuals with a compromises immune system are extremely vulnerable to suffering extreme health issues with a higher likelihood death. In the state of California certain relatives of the deceased have the right to file a wrongful death cause of action against all liable parties.
For more information on wrongful death lawsuits see here
Financial Recovery – Justice For Victims of Salmonella Contamination and Poisoning
In the state of California victims of serious injuries due to the negligent or harmful acts of producers and distributors of food contaminated with viral or bacterial infections have a right to compensation for all their losses. The estimated settlement or jury awards offer varies based on specific factors unique to every victim. Significant factors in determining the value of a food contamination case are as follows…
- The severity of the harm suffered – evidence through costs of medical treatment hospitalization and future medical and rehabilitation expenses.
- Pain and suffering – emotional trauma, depression, anxiety and PTSD due to the harm suffered.
- Lost wages and loss of future earning capacity due to long term effects of salmonella poisoning
: To contact our law offices call toll free (855)385-2529. All consultations are confidential and are provided free of charge.
Filing Deadline Food Poisoning Lawsuits
Class Action Lawsuit Against Foster Farms