Although some might see lawyers as the ultimate authority when it comes to injury cases, that is very far from the truth. Lawyers work for their clients; they do not have any authority to make decisions regarding the case – including accepting settlements or closing cases. Rather, lawyers must guide their clients and offer recommendations or suggestions, leaving the final decision to the client.
Unfortunately, some lawyers can become aggravated while handling cases for a number of reasons. The negotiation process might be taking too long, or the claim could be very complex making it difficult to reach a final outcome, for example. Regardless, lawyers cannot make any decisions, so they sometimes resort to pressuring their clients to make the decisions, specifically, decisions to take a settlement or to close a case.
Regrettably, lawyers taking advantage of their position and pressuring clients is more common than many would like to admit. If you have felt pressured or forced to make a specific decision, you might have asked yourself some of the following questions:
Although it is normal for lawyers to encourage their clients to make decisions in order to meet important deadlines, your lawyer should never pressure you to either agree to a settlement offer or close your injury case. If you feel like your lawyer is pressuring you to make a certain decision, something is not right. Your lawyer should never pressure you or force you to agree to a settlement or to close your injury lawsuit.
What type of injury claim are you pursuing? The most common types of claims include the following:
Regardless of the type of injury case that you are pursuing, you have the right to make your own decisions, and you should never feel forced or pressured to make a decision regarding a settlement or closing your case.
If your current lawyer is pressuring you or forcing you to take a settlement of close your case, you need to contact our firm immediately. You do not have to agree. There are other options available to you. Just because your lawyer is ready to move on from your case does not mean that you have to agree to anything that you are not on board with.
What can you do? You definitely have the option of finding another lawyer and switching over to someone who could represent you better. At Downtown L.A. Law Group, we offer free second opinions. During these free second opinions, our lawyers evaluate injury cases (those that have already been started) and provide clients with the information that they need to make the decision to switch. What should you expect during a free second opinion with one of our lawyers? Our lawyers will be able to help you better understand the potential value of your claim and the potential outcome of your claim, for instance.
If you decide to switch lawyers and allow our experts to represent you, our team will take care of everything – including all the paperwork and all technical aspects, so that you will not have to worry about anything.
Are you ready to benefit from a free second opinion with the experts at our firm? If so, contact us today.
Other Pages on Our Website Related to This Topic
Can I Switch my Lawyer After He Has Filed A Lawsuit?
Lawyer Wants To Close My Case Reach Settlement
What To Do If My Lawyer Is Disbarred?
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
– Santa Barbara Personal Injury Attorneys
– Santa Maria Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redondo Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
– Rialto Personal Injury Attorneys
– San Marcos personal injury attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyers
– Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
– Redlands Personal Injury Lawyers
– Ontario personal injury lawyers
– Lake Elsinore Personal Injury Attorneys
– La Habra Personal Injury Lawyers
– Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers
– Indio personal injury lawyers
– Irvine personal injury attorneys
– Glendale personal injury attorneys
– Highland personal injury attorneys
– Huntington Park personal injury lawyers
– Corona personal injury lawyers
– El Cajon personal injury attorneys
– Costa Mesa personal injury attorneys
– Compton personal injury lawyers
– Chino Personal Injury Attorneys
– Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys
– Baldwin Park Personal Injury Attorneys
– Bellflower Personal Injury Lawyers
– Anaheim personal injury lawyers
– Prisoner Personal Injury Attorney