If you have been injured in an accident of some kind, you can take legal action in the form of a personal injury lawsuit. These claims are based on the negligent action of another party and allow you to recover monetary compensation for your damages. You can have all of your expenses covered if you can show that the party was responsible. It can be difficult to do this, however, as you may not have ample legal knowledge to back up your claim or enough negotiating experience to wrestle a fair deal from the insurance agency. If you are in need of legal help, let the Downtown LA Law Group assist you. Our Santa Clarita personal injury lawyers will gladly take on your case and will do all we can to bring you the maximum compensation available under the law.
What Are Some Areas Of Personal Injury?
A personal injury lawsuit can be filed if you are injured in an accident or an incident. There are various nuances present with each area of the law that you should be familiar with if you intend to sue for damages. We practice in the following areas:
- Responsabilidad por productos defectuosos: If you owned a product that malfunctioned or became defective in some way, you could sue the manufacturer for the ensuing damages. The defect may be present or occur in the design process; it may become apparent during the manufacturing of the item; or there may not be a warning or hazard sign on the item or its packaging.
- Mordeduras de perro: Dog owners are strictly liable for the actions of their dogs. The animals should not be unleashed or left to roam, especially if the dog is violent or lashes out.
- Responsabilidad civil: Slip and fall cases are the most common form of premises liability. You can fall essentially anywhere, such as on grocery floors, in restaurants, and on sidewalks. You must be able to show that the property owner knew about the damage and did nothing to fix it, caused the damage, or should have reasonably known about the issue.
- Infestaciones de chinches: Bed bug infestations can occur in hotels and apartment buildings due to guests tracking the bugs in, purchasing used furniture, not washing adequately, and more. Laws are essentially based in premises liability, as well.
- Accidentes de tráfico: You may be involved in car crashes, motorcycle accident, truck crashes, and more. Car accidents are among the leading causes of death in the country, and individuals should always adhere to the rules of the road.
- Non-vehicle accidents: Bicycle crashes, accidentes de scooter, and pedestrian accidents are also common, especially in populated metro areas. There are various laws associated with each type of transportation, such as the inability to ride on the sidewalk and always adhering to the right of way.
- Negligencia médica: Medical malpractice lawsuits can be filed against doctors or nurses from hospitals and healthcare facilities. You may also claim medical malpractice against a nurse or caretaker at a retirement home.
- Agresión y lesiones: If an individual purposely harms you, he can be held liable for all the ensuing damages he caused. Assault may be verbal, sexual, or physical; when the physical component is added, it becomes battery.
Infórmese sobre sus opciones de indemnización llamando al (855) 339-8879.
Our team of Santa Clarita personal injury attorneys can take on any case you present to us. We have experts in various disciplines who can handle your claim and ensure that it is given the dedication it deserves.
¿Qué debo hacer tras un accidente?
Si fueras involved in an accident or incident of any kind, you should be sure to follow a procedure so you have ample evidence gathered for your lawsuit. You should always prioritize your health and safety and you should not do anything to put yourself in danger. Our attorneys recommend following these steps if you were injured. You can substitute where necessary depending on the circumstances of your incident. Firstly, you should get medical attention as quickly as possible. If you don’t, the insurance agent can claim that you were hurt elsewhere and that you were making up your injuries or the story. It will also allow you to get any injuries treated that may be hiding or that you do not feel because of adrenaline. Further, doctors may miss some issues, and additional opinions can benefit you. You should take pictures and videos of everything possible, including your injuries, the scene of the accident, the apartment or hotel, the damage done to any property or vehicles, the environment, the individual responsible for the incident, and more. Such evidence will drastically improve your claim. In addition to pictures, you should have as many documents as you can, such as medical notes and receipts, bank statements and credit card statements, proof of purchase, and more. This type of evidence can come in handy when disputing with business. You should file an incident report with the company if the accident happened at a business. It is important that you file the incident report after you have gathered all the evidence you can as the company may try to prevent you from acquiring proof. If there were any eyewitnesses in the area or any bystanders who saw the incident or experienced something similar, they can give you their testimonies and statements as to what happened.
Obtenga más información sobre sus opciones legales: Llame a (855) 339-8879 con un representante ahora.
You should be sure to write down the pertinent and necessary insurance information and contact details of the responsible party. Finally, it is important that you tender la mano to one of our personal injury attorneys in Santa Clarita for more assistance. Often, victims do not have the legal experience necessary to win their cases. They also will have a hard time due to their injuries and expenses. Our attorneys can complete all the legwork for you and will make sure that your stress levels are not increased throughout the claim.
How Long Do I Have To File A Claim For A Personal Injury Lawsuit?
There are a few different lengths of time you have to file a personal injury claim in California. Regular personal injury lawsuits must be filed within 2 years of the injury. However, this is not true of every incident. Medical malpractice lawsuits must be filed 1 year after the discovery of the injury or 3 years after the injury itself. Any claim against the government must be filed within six months. There are also exceptions that can be made that would extend the statute of limitations. These exceptions include:
- Your age: Minors under the age of 18 have to wait until they turn legal age before they can file a claim by themselves. It does not matter at what age you were injured prior to your 18th birthday.
- Your mental or physical state: Some injuries may have left you incapacitated and unable to sue because of a coma or a mental breakdown. Once you return to functioning health, you will be held to the statute of limitations as usual.
- Defendant’s location: If the defendant leaves the state, the statute will be suspended until he returns. This allows you to compile your evidence in the meantime and prevents the defendant from escaping from any punishment.
It can be very difficult to pinpoint certain dates or determine how much time you have left to file your claim. You may not even know if you are eligible for any exceptions. Our team of personal injury attorneys in Santa Clarita will gladly help you figure out how much time you have left to sue. We will handle your case for you and ensure that you miss no deadlines at all from start to finish.
What Can I Receive In A Personal Injury Lawsuit?
You can receive various coverage in the event of a personal injury lawsuit. Our attorneys will seek to bring you the maximum compensation available under the law. We will see to it that your expenses are covered by the responsible party. Some of your earnings can include:
- Medical expenses for any fees from the hospital
- Future medical treatments if your injuries are lasting or need additional treatment
- Property damage to your vehicle, personal belongings, and more
- Extermination costs if necessary
- Secondary costs associated with the incident
- Reimbursement of lost income and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering damages to cover emotional trauma, psychological stress, PTSD, and more
There is the chance that a family member or loved one died in the accident or due to complications from the defendant’s negligence. If so, you can file a wrongful death claim and receive coverage for funeral expenses, loss of relations, loss of expected savings and inheritance, and pre-death medical bills and pain and suffering. You may also be able to pursue punitive damages, which are additional amounts of monetary restitution handed out in times of egregious negligence or when the party deliberately harmed you. These damages are often viewed as severe or harsh, though, despite being handed out in place of jail time. Only a skilled lawyer will be able to win them for you. Bear in mind that medical malpractice costs for pain and suffering are capped at $250,000. If you need more assistance and wish to have legal representation, póngase en contacto con nuestra personal injury attorneys in Santa Clarita.
Elegir nuestro bufete
Our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group, is one of the premier personal injury firms in business. We have years of experience with negligence-based lawsuits and know the best methods for winning each and every case. Our lawyers are aggressive towards insurance agents and empathetic towards our clients. We know the help you need, and we intend to win you every penny you deserve. Call our lawyers at (855) 339-8879 today for a free legal consultation. You can ask us anything you wish and we will give you the answers you need. All consultations are confidential and your private case details will not be shared with anyone. We will also give you more information about our zero fee guarantee, which will allow you to save all of your money throughout the case. We will cover the costs and will only get paid if we win. If we lose, we get nothing at all. To speak with a personal injury attorney in Santa Clarita, póngase en contacto con the Downtown LA Law Group today.