DES (Diethylstilbestrol) has been linked to breast cancer amongst daughters of women who took the prescription medication years earlier. From the 1940’s to the 70’s millions of pregnant women were prescribed DES, manufactured by Eli Lilly to prevent miscarriages. If your mother took DES during pregnancy and you have been diagnosed with breast cancer you may have a claim against the manufacturers of the defective drug for the damages, you have suffered.
What is DES and why Does it Cause Breast Cancer? DES is a synthetic estrogen that was prescribed by doctors to lessen the probability of miscarriages and premature delivery amongst at risk pregnant women. DES was initially synthesized in 1938 and approved for use in the United Stated by the FDA in 1941. According to the CDC center for disease control woman who were born to mothers who took DES are at an increased risk of developing breast cancer.
DES Breast Cancer Lawsuits – Know Your Rights: As in most defective drug claims the manufacturer of the product will be held liable for the injuries that have been suffered. Filing a claim for defective drug injuries is a complicated and often and challenging process. Big Pharmaceutical companies often spends tens of millions of dollars in drug adverse effects lawsuits. Wining your case in the court of law will likely depend on proving the existence of a defect by way of three distinct causes of action.
(1) Defect present as a result of the original design of the product
(2) Defect in the manufacturing process of the drug so that the distributed drug dangerously differed from the original intended design.
(3) Labeling defect also referred to as a failure to warn defect, this cause of action in a defective drug injury claim can be proven by showing a lack of warning labels and information provided to consumers at the time of distribution.
Contacting an Attorney for DEF Breast Cancer Claims: Our office will take the steps to fully investigate the cause of the injury including looking through all pertinent medical data. This will allow for us to understand the extent of your injuries and fully pursue any potential claim against Eli Lilly for the production and sale of DES.
Más de $500 millones recuperados
para nuestros clientes
Al enviar este formulario, usted acepta recibir llamadas telefónicas y mensajes de texto en cualquier momento, que incluyen horas fuera del horario comercial (8:00 am PST - 9:00 pm PST). Esto es para que podamos comunicarnos con usted tan pronto como sea posible con el fin de consultar sobre su caso potencial.
- Abogado especializado en negligencias médicas
- Abogado de negligencia dental
- Demanda por negligencia obstétrica
- Abogado de negligencia en liposucción
- Defectos del implante coclear
- Negligencia médica en cirugía plástica
- Abogado de negligencia podológica
- Negligencias de dermatólogos
- Negligencia médica en residencias de ancianos
- Abogado de negligencia en cesárea
- Abogado de malla transvaginal