The United States Consumer Protection Commission
(CPSC) has announced a recall of the Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitors with Sensor Pads produced by the Canadian outfit Angelcare Monitors Inc. According to the recall information on the CPSC website the cord attached to the baby monitor’s sensor pad has resulted in the death by strangulation of at least two infants. The cord can become wrapped around an infant’s neck resulting in the blockage air.
The product recalls included the model number
- AC601 49255
: Our product liability legal team is currently investigating possible class action and single party defective product lawsuits against manufacturers of the Anglecare Baby Monitor. If you have any legal questions and would like to speak to an attorney regarding this matter feel free to contact our law office toll free (855)385-2529. All confidential consultations are provided free of charge.
Filing a Class Action Lawsuit
: Class action lawsuits take place where there are a large number of injured victims with a similar cause of action against a single al fault (liable party). Class action claims require certification by the court they wil be tried in. Certification requires showing.
1. The presence of a large number of victims.
2. With an identical or nearly identical issues of fact or law against the manufacturer.
3. The class representative is able to adequately represent the claims of the other members.
4. The class representative is able to adequately represent the claims of the other victims.
Compensation Available for Victims
: Victims of defective products and the parents of children who have died do the a dangerous consumer goods are entitled to compensation under the law. Types of compensation which may be available include.
Free Attorney Consultation
- Recovery for economic damages including medical care costs rehabilitation expenses, and funeral expenses.
- Non economic damage recovery including punitive damage compensation where the defendant acted in a wanton or reckless disregard for the life or health of the consumer.
: If you have any legal questions feel free to contact our law firm. All consultations are provided free of charge. (888) 649-7166