Our law firm is currently investigating class action and single party claims against manufacturers of the chemical vinyl chloride. According to recently published studies exposure to vinyl chloride has been linked to the development of a forms of liver cancer called angiosarcoma. Other deleterious health complication resulting from exposure to the dangerous chemical are include…
- Compromised immune systems
- Loss of sex drive in males.
- High blood pressure.
- Increased risk of cancer – including brain, lung and blood cancers.
Filing a Dangerous Chemical Lawsuit – Compensation Available for Class Action Lawsuit ParticipantsClass action lawsuits often take place when there are a large number injured victims with a similar cause of action against an at fault individual or corporations. In class action lawsuits one claimant is chose as the representative for the all injure claimants. That individual will present his or her claim in the court of law. The average case settlement amount for class action lawsuits involving significant bodily damage due to exposure to dangerous chemicals is dependent on several significant factors. Some of the most important factors in determining the value of a case are as follows…
- The level of harm suffered.
- The length of time an individual will suffer from the injuries.
- Pain and suffering associated with the injuries.
- Lost wages and loss of future income compensation.
- Whether punitive damages are available.