Our law firm is currently investigating possible class action as well as single party claims for E-coli poisoning resulting from the consumption of tainted packaged salads and sandwich wraps manufactured by Athertone Foods, Inc. andGlass Onion Catering of Richmond, CA and sold at Trader Joe’s as well as other establishments across the country.
The specific strain of the food borne bacteria E. coli O157:H7 has resulted in an outbreak across several western states including California, Texas, Utah, Oregon, and Nevada. In response Trader Joe’s and the Richmond based food supplier to the grocery chain have recalled over 181,000 pounds of ready to eat salads and sandwiches. Other establishments removing their products in lieu of the E-Coli outbreak include Walgreens and Whole Foods. The types of salads believed to be infected with the harmful agent include
- Mexican Salad
- Classic Greek Salad
- Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Southwestern Salad Kit
- Delish Greek Style Orzo Salad
- Delish Asian Style Noodle Salad
- Delish Vegetarian Wrap
For a full list of the products recalled visit the FDA Recalled food page here.
Attorney Assistance: Individuals who have suffered serious medical harm due to the eating of Sandwiches and Salads from Trader Joe’s have a right to monetary compensation via the joining of a class action lawsuit of the filing of a single party personal injury claim. Feel free to contact our law offices toll free for legal assistance. All consultations are confidential and are provided free of charge.
Compensation Available for Victims of Food Poisoning: Similar to most other personal injury claims victims of food borne illnesses are entitled to compensation for all damages sustained. The types of damages recoverable are as follows
- All medical and health related expenses including hospitalization costs and rehabilitation care.
- Pain and suffering compensation including emotional trauma and PTSD.
- Lost waged and earnings due to the inability to work – loss of future income due to a long term injury or permanent disability.
Joining a Class Action Lawsuit – How is a Class Formed: Class action lawsuits are formed of and when there are a significantly large number of injured victims with a similar claim against an at fault party. Class action claims require certification by the court where they are to be tried in.
1. Numerosity: Al large number of claimants against a liable party.
2. Commonality: The claimants have an identical or vastly similar issues of fact or law.
3. Typicality: The claim and injuries of the class representative are typical of the other class members.
4. Adequacy: The class representative is able to adequately represent the legal and factual issues of the other class representatives.
Legal Help: If you have any further questions feel free to contact our law offices toll free (855)385-2529.