Should I Change My Child’s Car Safety Seat After An Accident?
Cost of RepairCar seats would be considered property and thus recoverable under the property element of your claim. Make sure you speak with an attorney about getting reimbursement for the seat. Even if it has been some time since you made the purchase, you can still get the fair market value for the car. It is likely that the product will not be showing any signs of damage. This is not really an important factor. Most likely the damage is internal, which will not be visible unless the product is taken apart. It is important that you make these changes in order to avoid serious injury in the future.
Child Injuries in a Car AccidentInjuries related to children are different then adult injuries. First, child injuries can be late appearing. Meaning they won’t be noticed until a later period of time. So it makes the treatment a little difficult to manage. Unlike adults, children will not be able to pinpoint the exact area of the injury. After a car accident a pediatrician should be consulted for your child’s injuries. Also, any award or settlement should factor in future potential injuries. It is also important to remember that minors are not subject to the same percentage in contingency fees. Attorneys are not permitted to charge a minor a standard contingency fee percentage. Make sure that these fees are the correct amount permitted by law. Child accident cases require a significant amount of care in order to properly seek a significant sized settlement. Make sure that any award for damages factors in these types of injuries. Future injuries will often be denied by insurance companies. Therefore, it is important that your attorney litigate this aspect of the case in order to make sure the claim is maximized. If you have been involved in a car accident contact the Downtown L.A. Law Group, we are a plaintiffs firm handling personal injury cases nationwide. With offices across Southern California, we have the resources and ability to recover for your injuries. Our offices are open 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. Call toll free at (855) 339-8879 for a free confidential no cost obligation.
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
All about seat back and seat belts safety
– Seat Back Failure
– Should I Change My Child’s Car Safety Seat After An Accident
– Defective Baby Bumbo Seat Injury Attorney
– Defective Child Safety Seats and Restraint Injury Attorney
– Recovery for Injuries I Not Wearing Seat Belt as a Passenger
– What is the value of my seat belt defect lawsuit?
– Not Wearing Seat Belt in Car Accident
– How to file a case for injuries after my seat belt failed to work
– Bumbo Baby Seat Product Recall
– Defective Seat Belt Attorney
– Toyota FJ Cruiser Recall – Seat Belt Failure Defect
– Why are seat belt cases so dangerous
– Seat belt failure attorney
– How to Sue for a Replacement Car Seat
– Questions and answers about ZUM ridesharing service
– Seat Back Failures: Auto Manufacturers Duty of Care
– Seat Back Failures in Vehicles – Understanding the Dangers of Failing Seat Backs