Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of rotator cuff injuries in the United States. According to estimates more than two million individuals seek medical attention each year regarding medical complications associated with rotator cuff injuries. Below is helpful information regarding filing lawsuit for rotator cuff injuries caused by auto accidents
Medical Diagnosis of a Rotator Cuff Injury
The rotator cuff is composed of numerous tendons and muscles in the shoulder connecting the arm with the torso of the body. The arm is fastened in the shoulder via the rotator cuff. The rotator cuff is essentially a network of four muscles that are merged as tendons which ultimately converge around the head of the humerus .The rotator cuff as the locking mechanism between the humerus and the shoulder with the purpose of lifting and rotating the arm. Acute rotator cuff tears can be causes by severe trauma to the shoulder region commonly associated with auto accidents and in particular motorcycle accidents.
injuries are usually diagnosed using the severity of the injury describe as
Common Signs and Symptoms of Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Partial Tear: Damage to the tendons and muscle tissue but not a full tear.
- Full Tear: Splitting of the tendons in two. Such tears may result in impaired function of the shoulder severely effecting an injured victims life.
: Some of the most common symptoms of a rotator cuff injury are as follows.
- Shooting pain
- Decreased range of motion
- Pain increasing in the nighttime resulting in a lack of sleep
If you are experiencing such symptoms following a car accident seek medical attention immediately.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit – Compensation for Your Claim
Victims of serious injuries caused by the negligent of intentional acts of others are entitled to just financial compensation. The vast majority of injury cases involving auto accidents are based on a negligence cause of action. Proving your case in the court of law required the showing that the breach of the duty owned by the defendant was the cause of the accidents and thus if victims injuries. Victims of shoulder injuries including rotator cuff tears are entitle to compensation for
- All medical and health related expenses
- Future medical costs including rehabilitation care and revision surgeries
- Lost wages and loss of future income
- Pain and suffering including emotional trauma
: If you have any further questions feel free to contact our law firm toll free (888) 649-7166
. All consultations are free of charge and confidential.