Injuries to the Knee are one of the most common injuries which can take place during a car accident
. Usually injuries to the knee take place when one its strike an interior part of a vehicle the individual is rising in. Common knee injuries will usually require extensive medical treatment including long term rehabilitation, and in many instances corrective surgery and medical procedures.
Common Injuries to the Knee
Passenger Rights in Severe Auto accident Cases
- Torn ACL – anterior cruciate ligament: Is one of the four main ligaments in the knee. Sings and symptoms of a torn ACI usually include, (1) the hearing of a sudden pop in the knee (2) swelling of the knee (3) feelings of wobbliness in the knee and (4) severe knee pain.
- Torn MCL- The medial collateral ligament (MCL) is a ligament stretching from the upper shin bone to the inner surface of the bottom thigh bone. Victims of torn MCL will likely require corrective surgery and rehabilitation.
- Ruptured Tendons
- Knee Fracture
- Torn Meniscus
: Passengers in motor vehicles, particularly individuals riding in the back seat of the vehicle are at the highest risk of incurring severe injuries to the knee. Passengers of motor vehicle accident have the right to recover monetary compensation from two different sources including the insurance carries of the driver of the car he was riding in as well as the other vehicle which struck the car he was riding in.
Compensation for You Injuries: Victims of Auto Accidents have the right to compensation for their all their losses including serious bodily injuries and property damage. The amount of money received by a plaintiff in a personal injury cause of action against a negligent defendant will depend on several factors including.
Insurance Companies Are NOT interested in giving you the Compensation you Need:
- Medical expenses – including prescription drug costs, rehabilitation costs and the cost of corrective surgery
- All future medical expenses associated with injuries incurred during the accident
- Pain and Suffering including emotional trauma
- Property Damage
The interests of insurance companies differ from a victim of a car accident or personal injury claim. Insurance company’s goal is to lower the amount of money they pay to you to settle a case, leaving the injured victim without proper treatment of care for his injuries. Below are important steps to take when dealing with insurance companies.
Contacting an Attorney
- Be Careful Who You Talk To – if the other party’s insurance company contacts you, your best response is to not talk to them regarding your injuries or the incidents which took place.
- Contact a Personal Injury Law firm with expertise in Knee Injuries: Get in touch with an accident injury attorney and ask him to speak with the other party’s agents. A Skilled personal injury attorney will be able to speak to insurance carriers in a fashion which will not divulge any information which may be harmful to your future compensation.
- Never automatically accept the first estimate or offer you get – jumping the gun on the settlement can be a costly mistake. Contact an attorney who is skilled and adept in negotiating with insurance companies. If insurance companies play hardball a skilled aggressive legal team will take the defendant to litigation and trial if needed and maximize any potential compensation you are entitled to.
: Here at the Downtown LA Law Group we understand the importance of protecting the rights of victim of auto accidents. Our compassionate staff of legal experts will take the time to learn about you and your case so that we can provide the legal representation you deserve. Let us fight for your rights. All consultations are free of charge. (888) 649-7166