1. Make sure you and those around you are safe.
The Safety of you and your loved ones is by far most important priority. If you or another person is injured immediately seek medical attention. Even if you believe you have not been injurer you should get a checkup with a medical professional.
2. Do not attempt to talk with the other driver regarding fault or apologies.
Any words you may have said can be used against you when you are seeking compensation for your damages and injuries. Even politeness can be used against you.
3. Contact the local police department and report the motor vehicle accident.
If you have a trusted bicycle accident attorney contact him if you have any questions regarding the process.
If you are not injured and it is safe to do so ask the driver of the car that collided with you his license, registration information, contact information, and insurance documentation
. Take down all information. If you have a high resolution camera phone ask the person if it is ok to take pictures of the documents you have asked for.
4. Never argue with other drivers regarding fault
5. Don’t be shy
: if there are witnesses who can testify on your behalf asked them for their contact information.
6. Be Careful Who You Talk To
– if the other party’s insurance company contacts you, your best response is to get in touch with an accident injury attorney and ask him to speak with the other parties agents.
7. Never automatically accept the first estimate or offer you get
– jumping the gun on the settlement can be a costly mistake. Contact local accident attorney who is skilled an adept in negotiating with insurance companies. If insurance companies play hardball a skilled aggressive Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Lawyer
will take the defendant to litigation and trial.
8. Get an Attorney
– A top California Bicycle lawyer
adept in fighting insurance companies and protecting your right to compensation will be able to substantially increase the amount of compensation you receive for your damages and injuries.
9. Heal you wounds and get better
; fighting insurance companies and defendants is OUR JOB
. We will make you receive the maximum compensation for your loss.
If you have any questions call a Downtown LA Law accident attorney at (855) 385-2529