Actos (also marketed as Actoplus Met XR, and Duetact) has been linked to an increase rate of heart attacks and other forms of heart disease amongst persons taking the prescription drug medication used to treat type 2 diabetes. According to an FDA study in a 24 week patients hospitalized with a heart attack were more that 50% more likely to have taken Actos during the past month. Numerous other studies conducted by the drug manufacturer and independent studied have shown a definitive link to heart failure. In responses the FDA and the Manufacturers of Actos (Takeda Pharmaceutical Co) issued a new “black box warning” stating the known dangers of heart attack as well as congestive heart failure from the taking of Actos. If you or a loved one has suffered heart disease as a result of taking Actos
you may be entitled to full and just compensation for your injuries.
How Can I tell I am having a heart attack: Heart attack sing and symptoms:
A heart attack (myocardial infarction) is a serious medical condition requiring immediate medical attention. If you or a loved one are experiencing any symptoms associated with a heart attack contact an emergency response team as soon as possible. Symptoms of a heart attack are numerous and may differ greatly based on the severity of the myocardial infarction and the general health of the victim. Some common sign and symptoms of heart attack are as follows:
Filing a defective drug lawsuits – how to win an Actos lawsuits in court:
- Chest pain felt like a tight band around the waist
- feeling of a bad ingestion
- heavy pressure on the chest
- Excessive sweating without physical exercise
- Light headedness
- General feeling of nausea including vomiting
drug defect litigation for heart attacks due to Actos has witnesses a dramatic rise over the past few years, due to new evidence concerning the drug manufacturers knowledge of the known risks of heart attacks. However, Litigation against major drug manufacturers for injuries cause by their prescription drugs can be a difficult and challenging process. Generally, a plaintiff’s attorney representing victims of drug injuries can prove the existence of a dangerous by showing one of three defects.
What can I recover for if I file a lawsuits against makers of Actos type 2 diabetes medication
- Pharmaceutical Drug Design Defect: Generally proven by showing of a failure to conduct proper testing of a drug before its distribution to the general public. Or by showing that frug manufactures knew or should have known of the dangerous side effects of the drug before its distribution to the general public.
- Pharmaceutical Drug Manufacturing Defect: Generally proven by showing that the final manufactures drug is markedly different and as a result more dangerous the intended design of the drug.
- Labeling Defect: Also referred to as failure to warn defect. Usually this claim can be established in the court of law by showing drug manufacturers refusal to adequately warn users of the drug of the known dangers posed by the taking of the defective drug.
If you or your loved have suffered any form of heart injury due to the taking of Actos medication you are entitled to compensation for every loss which arises from the defective prescription drug including.
Compensation for death of a loved one due to Actos heart failure
- All medical expenses arising from Actos
- Future medical and rehabilitation costs
- Loss of current income due to inability to work
- Loss of earning capacity Future loss or reduction on income
- Pain and Suffering including mental trauma and post traumatic stress
- Loss of consortium
: If a close relative has been killed in a heart attack or heart failure cause by the taking of Actos you may be entitled to compensation based on certain jurisdictional limitation on who can recover. Example California Wrongful Death Statutes: Under California Wrongful fatalities laws “A cause of action for the death of a person caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another may be asserted by any of the following persons or by the decedent’s personal representative on their behalf: (a) The decedent’s surviving spouse, domestic partner, children, and issue of deceased children, or, if there is no surviving issue of the decedent, the persons, including the surviving spouse or domestic partner, who would be entitled to the property of the decedent by intestate succession.”
If you have any further questions and would like to speak with a defective prescription drug injury attorney regarding your claim call us toll free at (888) 649-7166
, we are available 24 hours per day and seven days out of the week for your convenience.
Actos Claim Statute of Limitations