According to recent estimated more than 5,000 passenger suffer serious injuries resulting from slip and fall as well as trip and fall accidents while on board buses and other public transportation vehicles. Our law firm is proud to represent individuals who have suffered injuries due to the negligent and or wrongful conduct of others including bus and public transportation operators. Slip and fall and trip and fall accidents can take place on board buses due to many factors including, loose carpeting, wet and slippery floors due to the failure to clean up, debris on the floor, and loose and hanging guardrails. Below is important regarding liability and lawsuits involving passengers injured due to debris, wet, or slippery floors on busses and public transportation vehicles including subways and trains.
Legal Help: If you have any further legal questions and would like to speak with an attorney regarding your legal matter feel free to contact our law firm toll free (855)385-2529. All consultations are free of charge and confidential.
Common Carrier Status of Bus Operators: According to California personal injury laws common carriers owe their passengers the highest duty of care. The heightened level of care is not only restricted to proper driving of the motor vehicle but suitable accommodations onboard the bus including the maintenance of the bus and cleanup of any debris and liquids which may pose a significant harm to passengers. For more on common carrier laws see here..
Common Injuries Resulting from Slip and Fall Accidents: There are many injuries which can take place due to a lip and fall accident. Some of the most common injuries due to slip trip and fall accidents are as follows.
- Traumatic brain injury
- Slipped disc – herniation of disc
- Severe neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries including rotator cuff tears
- Facial injuries and lacerations
- Broken nose dental injuries including tooth loss
- Twisted ankle
What Should I Do – Steps to Take After an Fall Accident Onboard a Bus
1. Seek medical treatment – contact your local paramedics
2. File a report with the bus operator and your local police department regarding the accidents
3. Never make an comments – any words you say to insurance adjusters and bus line – public transportation officials regarding your accident
4. Keep detailed records of the accident – including location of the bus, the location of the debris or wet surface on the bus, take picture if possible.
5. Contact a personal injury attorney
Compensation Available for Victims of Slip and Fall Accidents
Injures individuals are entitled to compensation for all losses emanating from the intentional of wrongful conduct of others. The level of compensation in a personal injury cause of action is dependent on several factors including…
- Medical and health related costs incurred
- All future costs of medical and rehabilitation care
- Lost wages
- Loss of future income due to disability
- Pain and Suffering including PTSD and emotional trauma
- Availability of punitive damage compensation
Attorney Help: Our law firm provide free no cost case evaluations for individuals who have suffered serious injuries due to the negligent or wrongful acts of others. To speak with one of our attorneys call our law offices toll free (855)385-2529.