We are Knowledgeable Los Angeles Train Accident Lawyers and and MTA Metrolink Railroad Accident Attorneys here to assist you.
Train accidents come in different forms including, train accidents with cars and trucks, collisions with other trains and public transportation vehicles, train derailments, and railroad crossing crashes. The massive size and brute force of oncoming LA Metro Link Rail make an accident in which a person is involved almost always a tragedy, leading to serious bodily injuries and in many instances death. Pedestrian train crossing accidents and Los Angeles Metro Link accidents result in numerous deaths and catastrophic injuries in the Greater Los Angeles region. LA Light rail accidents in and around Downtown Los Angeles pose an ever increasing danger for pedestrians and metro users.
Legal Representation: If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in a train accident contact our laws offices for a free no cost consultation with a personal injury attorney. The number to our law office is toll free (855)385-2529.
Some statistics regarding Train Accidents in Los Angeles: Car-train accidents and pedestrian-train accidents occur about once every 100 minutes in the United States. According to the NSC, National Safety Council, each year an estimated 4,000 train-vehicle collisions take place at railroad crossings leading to over 400 fatalities and more than 1,100 injuries.
- Half of all train crossing accidents in Los Angeles take place where automatic warning devices such as flashing lights or flashing lights with gates are present and are functioning properly.
- Many people simply neglect to stop and wait until the flashing lights are no longer in warning mode.
- According to the department of Transportation there are about 5,800 vehicle train crashes each year.
- 600 deaths and 2,300 injuries take place as a result of these accidents.
- More than 50% of all deadly accidents happen at crossings with passive or inadequate safety devices (often none at all!).
There are many situations which lead to and train accident injury. Below are some Rail accidents and/or incidents leading to injuries.
- Train-train collisions
- Train-car collisions
- Train-person collisions: hitting a pedestrian
If you or a loved one have been involved in a train wreck or railroad accident contact our skilled Los Angles train accident lawyers from Downtown LA Law Group. We are here to help. To Contact our Train Wreck Lawyers call (855) DT-LA-LAW
How to avoid Train Accidents: There are many precautions and safety procedures one should take to be protected from a train. Below are some instances which can greatly increase the probability of a railroad accident.
- Aggressive driving – most train collisions with cars are attributed to aggressive operation of a car.
- A Trains Mechanical failure/negligence – this is usually the result of poor maintenance. The cost cutting taking place y railroad lines has lead to insufficient inspection and upkeep of many trains that are on the track today.
- Heavy cargo loads – loads that are heavier than appropriate can result in derailment and other accidents
- Unsafe fencing and or Warming: many railroad crossing today remain in poor and often derelict condition leading to insufficient warning of an oncoming train.
Trains are regarded as “common carriers”; thus under common law and modern statute railroad companies must maintain strict safety standards. Failure to do so leads liability for the injuries caused. Amtrak accidents may involve federal issues requiring a specific knowledge of federal procedural rules and litigation avenues.
For further information visit the Federal Railroad Administration page on Railroad Safety
Filing a Train Accident Lawsuit – Attorney Representation
If you have sustained injuries in a train wreck or railroad crossing accident, you must tend to your wounds an attempt to heel your injuries. Seeking vindication of your rights is our job. At Downtown LA Law Group our Los Angeles Metro Light Rail accident Lawyers are skilled and knowledgeable in general personal injury laws as well as train accident law.
Filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit: In the state of California certain family members of the deceased have the legal right to file a wrongful death cause of action against all at fault parties. Under California Wrongful Death CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE SECTION 377.60-377.62 a cause of action for wrongful death can be asserted by the decedent’s surviving spouse, domestic partner, children, and issue of deceased children, or, if there is no surviving issue of the decedent, the persons, including the surviving spouse or domestic partner, who would be entitled to the property of the decedent by intestate succession.
Statute of Limitations for Train Accidents in California: Generally injured victims have two years from the date of an accident to file a personal injury lawsuit in the court of law. However, where at fault parties include government owned and operated agencies, a victim must file a claim with the agency in question within 6 months of the date of the accident. Failure to file a claim within the statutory limit may eliminate a plaintiffs right to recovery.
How We can Help: Our aggressive and tenacious Legal Team will keep on the offensive until they make sure you have been fully compensated for your injuries and vindicated for your loss. We will go to trial and take on the largest corporations and their insurance carriers’ to protect your rights. We will take care of every legal detail and make sure you achieve the highest compensation possible for your loss; in the meantime, concentrate on the most important part of this process – your recovery.
Remember that it is crucial to act quickly after you have been injured to report any railroad accident claim before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim. Call us for a free consultation regarding you railroad accident injury claim: (855-DT-LA-LAW)
For More Information See...