Rent-to-Own furniture stores have a duty to properly inspect for any infestations, remediate the issue once an infestation is discovered, or destroy the furniture if the bed bug issue cannot be alleviated. Unfortunately many furniture rental establishments fail to live up to their duty resulting in customers renting furniture infested with bed bugs which are brought to their homes. Once infested furniture is brought home bed bugs colonize and infest at a rapid pace resulting in severe bed bug bites and damage to property. Types of rent-to own furniture prone to bed bug infestations include
- Bedroom sets including mattresses and beddings and sheets
- living room furniture incident couches, and carpets
- Dining room furniture including upholstered chairs
Our personal injury law firm is dedicated to pursuing justice for families whose homes have suffered from bed bug infestations due negligence or wrongful actions of furniture rental companies and rent-to-own furniture establishments.
Causes of Action Available – Filing a Lawsuit Against Rent to Own Furniture
1. Express Warranty: This refers to and written or verbally corresponded guarantee that the furniture if fit for human use.
2. Implied Warranty of Merchantability: Every consumer product carries an implied warranty that it can be used for its proper purpose. Presence of infestations in the furniture is tantamount to a violation the impied warranty.
3. General Theory of Negligence: Breach of a general duty of care owed to any other individual in society resulting in significant injuries to the individuals.
4. Product Liability: Defect in the design or manufacturing process of the furniture resulting in significant harm to the individual.
Compensation Available for Victim of Bed Bug Bites and Infestations: Individuals who have suffered due to bed bugs resulting from infested rent to own establishments are entitled to full and just compensation for all harms suffered. A list of damages recoverable in an bed bug infestation lawsuit are as follows…
- All lost or damage property – replacement cost for destroyed furniture and clothing
- All medical expenses and health care costs connected to bed bug bites and infestations
- Non-economic damage compensation including pain and suffering and emotional trauma due to bed bug infestation exposure
- Punitive Damages – punitive damages are awarded when and individual acts deliberately to cause harm or displays a reckless disregard for the life and health of others.
Cost of Hiring An Attorney To Represent You in this Matter: All bed bug lawsuit claims are handled by our attorneys on a contingency fee basis. This means that our legal fees are contingent on a financially successful resolution of your case. In this way our clients do not have to pay for any of their legal fees out of pocket.
Bed Bug Attorney’s Offering Free Legal Case Review: All prospective clients who contact our law firm can schedule a confidential case review free of charge with our los angeles bed bug attorneys. Our offices our available to receive your phone call 24/7. If you have any further questions feel free to contact us toll free (855)385-2529.