Home fires can be traumatizing events to a family. Often entire homes then possession are destroyed leaving families without their cherished possessions and a home to live in. Sadly in many instances home insurance carriers fail to live up to their promise and deny rightful insurance claims. If an insurance adjuster has denied your rightful claim or has provided for a less then agreed upon compensation for your loss contact our home insurance dispute lawyers.
Fighting your insurance fire loss Claim
Under United States law an home insurance companied owe claimants an “implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing”. Under this law an Insurance company can be sued for both a contract claim and a tort claim. Under a contract claim plaintiff will receive only those damages suffered; while under the tort claim most U.S. jurisdictions allow for the issuance of Punitive Damages.
If your home fire insurance claim has been wrongfully denies contact our attorneys today. We will fight for your rights and seek all legal avenues possible including punitive damage claims to make sure you receive the compensation you are owed.
What Standards do Insurance Companies have to comply with?
The acts of the employees of insurance companies are impugned to the Insurance company itself. California Insurance Code Section 790.03 places standards that must be followed by Insurance companies in dealing with insurance claims. Some common insurance company bad faith claim can be based on insurance company
Misrepresenting to claimants pertinent facts
Failing to acknowledge and act reasonably promptly
Failing to adopt and implement reasonable standards
Failing to affirm or deny coverage of claims within a reasonable time
Not attempting in good faith to effectuate prompt, fair, and equitable settlement
Attempting to settle a claim by an insured for less than the amount covered.
Failing to settle claims promptly
Directly advising a claimant not to obtain the services of an attorney.
Misleading a claimant as to the applicable statute of limitations
There are many techniques and strategies which home fire insurance companies use to deny coverage of fire damage. If you have been denied a claim contact our home insurance lawyers today for a free evaluation of your claim. We will fir for your rights and make sure you receive the compensation you are owed.
You Paid for your insurance why should insurance not pay you back for your loss.
Common causes of fires resulting in damage or loss of the home in California are as follows:
- Faulty wiring
- Electric shorts
- Gas Leaks
- Improper maintenance of the home
- Water damage causing electric sparks
- Barbeques and outdoor cooking
- Home Indoor cooking
- Unattended cooking or heating lamps
- Animal chewing wires
Cooking is involved in most home fires. In 2010 close to 160,000 structures were burned due to cooking resulting in fires. Such fires cause more that 400 deaths per year; injure thousands more and lead to close to one billion dollars in damage.
How to deal with insurance companies: Here are some helpful tips in dealing with insurance adjusters regarding your home fire insurance claim.
- Be Careful Who You Talk To – if an insurance company contacts you, your best response is to not talk to them regarding your incident any statement may be used against you to deny coverage.
- Never automatically accept the first estimate or offer you get – jumping the gun on the settlement can be a costly mistake. Contact an attorney who is skilled and adept in negotiating with insurance companies. If insurance companies play hardball a skilled aggressive legal team will take the defendant to litigation and trial if needed and maximize any potential compensation you are entitled to.
- Contact an Insurance bad Faith Law firm with expertise dealing with home insurance coverage disputes: Get in touch with an attorney and ask him to speak with your insurance agents. Skilled attorneys will be able to speak to insurance carriers in a fashion which will not divulge any information which may be harmful to your future compensation.
Aggressive, fearless and dedicated fire insurance claims legal representation:
Downtown LA Law is dedicated to representing families who have been victimized by bad faith insurance adjusters. Form more information on how to fight fire with fire and take on insurance companies contact our dedicated legal team today.