Defective workout benches pose a grave threat to consumers. According to recent data more than 3,000 individuals a year suffer from severe injuries due to collapsing workout benches in homes and gyms across the United States. Benches can include straight bench presses, incline bench presses, decline benches, and squat rack benches. Some of the most common causes of collapsing benches include the following…
- Defectively designed or manufactures workout equipment.
- Failure to properly install the workout bench.
- Failure to properly maintain the bench for safe use by the user.
Victims of injuries due to the negligence of others are entitled to compensation for all harms suffered.
Common injuries: Some of the most common injuries include the following…
- Spinal cord injuries including disc fractures.
- Head injuries including concussion and TBI.
- Broken bones.
- Facial injuries due to falling in weight: this can include broken noses and ocular damage.
- Emotional damage – including PTDS, anxiety and depression.
Defective Product Lawsuits Explained
There are three ways to prove the existence of a defect in a product. (1) Defect in the products original design. (2) Defect in the manufacturing process of the product. (3) Defect in the labeling – failure to properly warn of all hazards associated with the use of the product.
Recovery Available for Victims
Victims who have sustained injuries due to the use of faulty exercise equipment are entitled to full and just compensation for all damages sustained. Types of damages compensable in a personal injury lawsuit include the following…
- The severity and magnitude of the harm suffered.
- Economic damages – including loss of income. property damage and loss of future income.
- Non-economic damages – emotional trauma including pain and suffering, emotional distress and PTSD resulting from the injuries suffered.
- Punitive damages – in some cases punitive damages can be awarded when the at fault party acted with wither the intent to cause or or acted with reckless indifference to the health and life of consumers.
Free Case Review From Attorney Available: If you have any further legal questions regarding the filing of a lawsuit for injuries caused by a defective workout product feel free to contact our law offices. All legal consultations are provided by our attorney free of charge.
Our office is currently investigating the 21,000 Gallon Oil Spill off the scenic Santa Barbara coast line. This type of disaster can […] read more
Update: According to investigators at the location of the accident more than 50 individuals have been transported to local area hospitals due […] read more
Every year tens of thousands of individuals suffer severe injuries in gyms and health clubs across the country. In many cases such […] read more
Have you been involved in an accident and the tow truck driver appears out of now where to tow your car? In […] read more
Update: According to investigators at the location of the accident there were about 33 passengers in the tour bus. The accident killed […] read more
Update: The Consumer Product Safety Commission has announces a massive nationwide recall of DD Brand Scented Candles manufactured by CoScentrix. The DD […] read more