Defective workout benches pose a grave threat to consumers. According to recent data more than 3,000 individuals a year suffer from severe injuries due to collapsing workout benches in homes and gyms across the United States. Benches can include straight bench presses, incline bench presses, decline benches, and squat rack benches. Some of the most common causes of collapsing benches include the following…
- Defectively designed or manufactures workout equipment.
- Failure to properly install the workout bench.
- Failure to properly maintain the bench for safe use by the user.
Victims of injuries due to the negligence of others are entitled to compensation for all harms suffered.
Common injuries: Some of the most common injuries include the following…
- Spinal cord injuries including disc fractures.
- Head injuries including concussion and TBI.
- Broken bones.
- Facial injuries due to falling in weight: this can include broken noses and ocular damage.
- Emotional damage – including PTDS, anxiety and depression.
Defective Product Lawsuits Explained
There are three ways to prove the existence of a defect in a product. (1) Defect in the products original design. (2) Defect in the manufacturing process of the product. (3) Defect in the labeling – failure to properly warn of all hazards associated with the use of the product.
Recovery Available for Victims
Victims who have sustained injuries due to the use of faulty exercise equipment are entitled to full and just compensation for all damages sustained. Types of damages compensable in a personal injury lawsuit include the following…
- The severity and magnitude of the harm suffered.
- Economic damages – including loss of income. property damage and loss of future income.
- Non-economic damages – emotional trauma including pain and suffering, emotional distress and PTSD resulting from the injuries suffered.
- Punitive damages – in some cases punitive damages can be awarded when the at fault party acted with wither the intent to cause or or acted with reckless indifference to the health and life of consumers.
Free Case Review From Attorney Available: If you have any further legal questions regarding the filing of a lawsuit for injuries caused by a defective workout product feel free to contact our law offices. All legal consultations are provided by our attorney free of charge.
With all the fees that you or a loved one has to pay to get treated right and looked after at a […] read more
On Saturday night, on October 14th, an oil rig explosion on Lake Pontchartrain in Louisiana left seven people injured. According to reports […] read more
According to local authorities, a head-on collision in Stanton California left one person dead and another in critical condition on Friday, October […] read more
The Blu Cantina restaurant, an eatery located in Castleberry Hill, which is a suburb of Atlanta, had its roof fall in during […] read more
Former Lakewood High School teacher was hit with nine felony charges on Thursday stemming from allegations that she was engaged in a […] read more
31-year-old Los Angeles County Deputy Giancarlo Scotti has been arrested after being accused of sexually assaulting two female inmates at a Lynwood […] read more