Defective workout benches pose a grave threat to consumers. According to recent data more than 3,000 individuals a year suffer from severe injuries due to collapsing workout benches in homes and gyms across the United States. Benches can include straight bench presses, incline bench presses, decline benches, and squat rack benches. Some of the most common causes of collapsing benches include the following…
- Defectively designed or manufactures workout equipment.
- Failure to properly install the workout bench.
- Failure to properly maintain the bench for safe use by the user.
Victims of injuries due to the negligence of others are entitled to compensation for all harms suffered.
Common injuries: Some of the most common injuries include the following…
- Spinal cord injuries including disc fractures.
- Head injuries including concussion and TBI.
- Broken bones.
- Facial injuries due to falling in weight: this can include broken noses and ocular damage.
- Emotional damage – including PTDS, anxiety and depression.
Defective Product Lawsuits Explained
There are three ways to prove the existence of a defect in a product. (1) Defect in the products original design. (2) Defect in the manufacturing process of the product. (3) Defect in the labeling – failure to properly warn of all hazards associated with the use of the product.
Recovery Available for Victims
Victims who have sustained injuries due to the use of faulty exercise equipment are entitled to full and just compensation for all damages sustained. Types of damages compensable in a personal injury lawsuit include the following…
- The severity and magnitude of the harm suffered.
- Economic damages – including loss of income. property damage and loss of future income.
- Non-economic damages – emotional trauma including pain and suffering, emotional distress and PTSD resulting from the injuries suffered.
- Punitive damages – in some cases punitive damages can be awarded when the at fault party acted with wither the intent to cause or or acted with reckless indifference to the health and life of consumers.
Free Case Review From Attorney Available: If you have any further legal questions regarding the filing of a lawsuit for injuries caused by a defective workout product feel free to contact our law offices. All legal consultations are provided by our attorney free of charge.
Chattanooga Man Charged with Attempted First-Degree Murder On Sunday, August 13, 2017, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, a man led police on a high-speed […] read more
12 Killed; 52 Injured by Falling Tree in Madeira, Portugal Hundreds of people gathered to celebrate the Feast of the Assumption in […] read more
Driver Sought After Video Captures Violent Crash That Left BMW Stuck Under Semi on 10 FWY California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers are […] read more
Multiple Vehicles Strike Man on 5 Freeway A man was found dead on the 5 Freeway on Wednesday, August 9, 2017, in […] read more
Los Angeles Police Department Officer Wounded in Motorcycle Crash Our law firm is investigating an accident that occurred on August 8, 2017 […] read more
Van Strikes 7 Vehicles On PCH Then Falls Into Water Our law firm is currently investigating lawsuits against defendants for an accident […] read more